PDA

View Full Version : When are we going to point the finger at the real culprit??

mchurchfie
11-24-2002, 11:48 PM
Who signed Fletcher? Who signed Robinson? Who signed Charlie Rogers? And worst of all...Who brought in Coach Williams and staff? I was a huge TD fan but eventually you have to take a hard look at the man that brought in all of these clowns and ask what the hell went wrong:rolleyes:

WG
11-24-2002, 11:56 PM
Yeah, and he keeps bringin' in Titan and Steeler rejects. Now Favors who my Titan bud told me was average at best.

WHY!

:D

Novacane
11-25-2002, 12:00 AM
I still think Fletcher was a good signing. He is not being used right by our amature coaching staff. Rogers was worth a shot. He was good in Seattle. WHo knows why he sucks here.

Robinson...........you are right. That was a bad signing.

Hopefully TD will swallow his pride on the GW hiring and correct it with a firing!

DIHARD2
11-25-2002, 12:26 AM
If we go on this premise,then who brought in Donahoe? Ralph Wilson did, why don't we just get a new owner? That's how ridiculous it is to point the finger at anyone.

It's only two years into a three-year situation. The middle of next season that's when we have to be really yelling and not accepting it if it's not working.

Until all the parts are put together you really don't know what the puzzle is going to look like, especially if you don't have a box with a picture on it. That's exactly what we have right now is a puzzle and we have not been shown the final picture. Could that be because Donahoe doesn't want to tip his hand.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

WG
11-25-2002, 12:55 AM
B2,

I don't think Rogers is all that bad. He's good at KO returns. Or has been generally speaking.

As to Fletcher, IMO the jury's still out but I'm still leaning opposite you, that it hasn't. Often times a player is simply better on a different team for a variety of reasons. Doesn't necessarily mean he sucks. Could mean chemistry issues, position or scheme issues too.

TacklingDummy
11-25-2002, 01:37 AM
As for drafts TD is doing a better job then I thought he would. His Pittsburghs drafts sucked and Cowher is the glue that holds that team together. His shocking 2nd round pick of Josh Reed is questionable when there was so many holes on the defensive side. Mike Wiliams was a "no Brainer" pick and I don't give him credit for picking him.

The Bledsoe trade the jury is still out on.

TDs free agent signings are a joke. Hollis and Teague are the only good ones.

We should have saved the money we spent on Fletcher,Robinson,Moore and all the other garbage Free Agents we picked up and spent it on Sam Adams.

The_Philster
11-25-2002, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
B2,

I don't think Rogers is all that bad. He's good at KO returns. Or has been generally speaking.

As to Fletcher, IMO the jury's still out but I'm still leaning opposite you, that it hasn't. Often times a player is simply better on a different team for a variety of reasons. Doesn't necessarily mean he sucks. Could mean chemistry issues, position or scheme issues too.

I'd say the scheme is the big thing. He was solid as a Ram but everyone is still struggling with this 46 Defense that Gray is running. They said the WCO is hard to learn but we had a few players playing well in that scheme towards the end of last season before we tossed the system (a good move because not enough players were grasping it and Sheppard couldn't run it) but we've been using the same defensive schemes for over a year and a half and I've yet to see anyone of note really show they know what they're doing on a consistent basis. Everyone's taking turns making huge blunders. And for Fletcher to come into a system where not only he has to learn what he's supposed to do, but he's surrounded by other players who still don't know what they are doing.....after a year in the system, no less....it can't be easy.

WCoastFin
11-25-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
Who signed Fletcher? Who signed Robinson? Who signed Charlie Rogers? And worst of all...Who brought in Coach Williams and staff? I was a huge TD fan but eventually you have to take a hard look at the man that brought in all of these clowns and ask what the hell went wrong:rolleyes:

you forgot the most dumbest and important one....who the heck traded for BLEDSOE!???:banned: