PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Buffalo Bills Players Commitments

G. Host
01-08-2005, 12:24 PM
I was looking at 2005 players Bills will still have on roster and beyond and made a chart some may want to look at: http://members.cox.net/billswatch/players.html

It is not an opinion whether the player should be kept or not but what players are currently signed. Anybody missing or any corrections/feedback would be appreciated.

:feedback:

Bufftp
01-08-2005, 12:41 PM
I was looking at 2005 players Bills will still have on roster and beyond and made a chart some may want to look at: http://members.cox.net/billswatch/players.html

It is not an opinion whether the player should be kept or not but what players are currently signed. Anybody missing or any corrections/feedback would be appreciated.

excellent chart! Gives a great visual.

YardRat
01-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Nice job!

FTG
01-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Nice Chart! both starting corners will be FA next year. They should try and extend McGee this year. He'll only get more expensive

Mr. Cynical
01-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Great chart! :up:

Vincent is locked up till '09. He'll need dentures and a cane by then. :ee:

Mr. Miyagi
01-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Yeah, after extending Jennings, we need to look to Clements and McGee RIGHT AWAY.

Michael82
01-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Terrence McGee should get locked up this year, because he is still young and raw, so we haven't seen everything he has yet. If we can get him cheaper, I say go for it. Plus, you don't want to lose a KR like him. :D

Nate Clements is also a must, and Donahoe should try to sign him to an extension this season too. Kill two birds with one stone. :up:

Michael82
01-08-2005, 02:13 PM
The thing I'm worried about is that we are probably only going to be able to re-sign one or the other. The question is...which one is going to worth the money? Clements or McGee?

ArcticWildMan
01-08-2005, 02:39 PM
The thing I'm worried about is that we are probably only going to be able to re-sign one or the other. The question is...which one is going to worth the money? Clements or McGee?

McGee will not be a high dollar signing. He is very good at ST play but his coverage play is mediocre at best. We should be able to sign him fairly cheaply.

Clements is another story. For whatever reason, he is considered a premiere corner in the league and will demand top dollar to sign. I don't think his high risk/high reward play at corner is in the team's best interest and I don't think he is on the same level of other CB's in the league but good corners are hard to find and the market price for even an average CB is majorly inflated. Keeping him will be costly and we may have to make a choice between him and someone like Jennings.

Ebenezer
01-08-2005, 02:57 PM
McGee will not be a high dollar signing. He is very good at ST play but his coverage play is mediocre at best. We should be able to sign him fairly cheaply.

Clements is another story. For whatever reason, he is considered a premiere corner in the league and will demand top dollar to sign. I don't think his high risk/high reward play at corner is in the team's best interest and I don't think he is on the same level of other CB's in the league but good corners are hard to find and the market price for even an average CB is majorly inflated. Keeping him will be costly and we may have to make a choice between him and someone like Jennings.
runor was that before Vincent came back they were dealing with McGee...then McGee got toasted (Rams?) and all the squawk stopped.

Michael82
01-09-2005, 08:27 AM
runor was that before Vincent came back they were dealing with McGee...then McGee got toasted (Rams?) and all the squawk stopped.
Hopefully they re-open negotiations with him, so they can lock him up while he still comes cheap.

mybills
01-09-2005, 08:31 AM

Lose Jennings..he's always injured anyway.

mybills
01-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Anybody missing or any corrections/feedback would be appreciated.

Shaud Williams?

G. Host
01-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Shaud Williams?
Added Shaud Williams. Only info I found on contract was that he was obligated thru 2005 only. Is this usual amount UDFAs?

Thanks everyone for feedback.

RedEyE
01-09-2005, 09:22 AM
I get the strange feeling that we won't see Phat Pat signed. :(

BillsOwnAll
01-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Great Chart Man. I was looking for something like this. Its great thanks alot.