Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticWildMan

When do you expect Losman to start?

I see a lot of Drew believers saying he should start in '06 which makes me chuckle. His contract is almost over by then for cripe sakes.

Why did we draft a first round player if we are not going to even give him a chance to play until his 3rd year?? Losman starts next season or we wasted the draft pick on him.
  • LarryBoy
    The world needs a hero!
    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
    I see a lot of Drew believers saying he should start in '06 which makes me chuckle. His contract is almost over by then for cripe sakes.

Why did we draft a first round player if we are not going to even give him a chance to play until his 3rd year?? Losman starts next season or we wasted the draft pick on him.

Let's say your 100% right....lets say you make believers outta all of us here, and every member of this board is an amigo or whatever....then what? You win, and it still MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. Since we do not decide who starts or who sits, isnt it kinda silly posting this OVER AND OVER again?

Dont your arms get kinda tired?
    Bills Rock!

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Open battle in training camp and if he wins it week 1, if he doesnt then when Drew falters.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• LarryBoy
        The world needs a hero!
        • Apr 2003

And isnt he signed through '08?
        Bills Rock!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by LarryBoy
          And isnt he signed through '08?
          Sounds about right. So you say it's OK to let him sit for 2 years and only start to learn the ropes in his third year? He will struggle his first year. All new QB's do.

What do we gain by deferring that until 2006? 2006 is the year we should be peaking, as far as talent goes, not handing the show over to a rookie QB to start his learning process.

Unless everybody thinks Drew is capable of taking us to the SB next year, we have to get Losman in and start his learning process ASAP so we can take advantage of the pieces in place right now.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

Unless everybody thinks Drew is capable of taking us to the SB next year, we have to get Losman in and start his learning process ASAP so we can take advantage of the pieces in place right now.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Sounds about right. So you say it's OK to let him sit for 2 years and only start to learn the ropes in his third year? He will struggle his first year. All new QB's do.

What do we gain by deferring that until 2006? 2006 is the year we should be peaking, as far as talent goes, not handing the show over to a rookie QB to start his learning process.

In no way will Losman be near peaking in 06, he wont be near his peak till 2010 or so.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• LarryBoy
                The world needs a hero!
                • Apr 2003

Again, see my 1st post...the its not for me to choose..or you, so we can argue about this untill the horses....err, wait they are all dead, cows come home, but it still wont matter who we want to start.

Just for the record I favor an open fight for QB this summer, but Im no coach or GM.
                Bills Rock!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  In no way will Losman be near peaking in 06, he wont be near his peak till 2010 or so.

That's fine and dandy but the rest of the pieces in the puzzle either will be at their peak or will be FA's after the 2006 season.

We can let Losman take his lumps this coming season and head into 2006 strong and a serious SB contender or we can continue to milk Drew and his diminishing skills and be left with a total green QB when the rest of the team is ready for the next level. Which one would you rather see?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

That's fine and dandy but the rest of the pieces in the puzzle either will be at their peak or will be FA's after the 2006 season.

We can let Losman take his lumps this coming season and head into 2006 strong and a serious SB contender or we can continue to milk Drew and his diminishing skills and be left with a total green QB when the rest of the team is ready for the next level. Which one would you rather see?

Honestly I dont see as a SB contender in 06. Stay with me here on this:

We will have a green or 2nd year starter at QB. At WR we have Evans who should have taken over the #1 spot and if this year was any indication than Moulds is losing his skill, albeit thats not a guarantee. OL is finally coming together but we will be shuffling it around over the next seasons with Jennings gone prolly. DL we still lack a true pass rusher which is something our D vitally needs. LB's are gonna be solid till then. DB's is still a huge concern bc we got one corner who finally showed up this season in Clements but needs to be resigned and McGee too who has has shown flashes of brilliance and flashes of being an idiot too. Vincent while locked up till 09 I dont think he'll be anywhere near what he is now in 06, and Milloy may be diminishing as well. All im saying is that yea we will have the vet team to contend but there are still alot of trouble spots on this team aside from the QB that we need to worry bout. Most notably WR, OL, DL, and DB.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

No QB takes us to the Super Bowl....a team game last I checked.
                      That being said, I expected JP to start full time in 2006 when he was drafted. If Drew keeps the starting job heading into 2005, I think his performance will make the call on JP starting...possibly by midseason
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• willis_mchenry
                        • Apr 2004

It doesn't matter to me who starts, as long as we're winning. I trust Mularkey and Co. to pick the right guy. We can say who we'd like to start but it is still the coaches who make the decision. Gotta trust the guys with experience to make the right decision.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                          • Aug 2004

cut Bledsoe, or trade him to like Arizona for a bag of cleets. WE need Losman NOW!
                          http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Honestly I dont see as a SB contender in 06. Stay with me here on this:

We will have a green or 2nd year starter at QB. At WR we have Evans who should have taken over the #1 spot and if this year was any indication than Moulds is losing his skill, albeit thats not a guarantee. OL is finally coming together but we will be shuffling it around over the next seasons with Jennings gone prolly. DL we still lack a true pass rusher which is something our D vitally needs. LB's are gonna be solid till then. DB's is still a huge concern bc we got one corner who finally showed up this season in Clements but needs to be resigned and McGee too who has has shown flashes of brilliance and flashes of being an idiot too. Vincent while locked up till 09 I dont think he'll be anywhere near what he is now in 06, and Milloy may be diminishing as well. All im saying is that yea we will have the vet team to contend but there are still alot of trouble spots on this team aside from the QB that we need to worry bout. Most notably WR, OL, DL, and DB.
                            Yeah...what you are saying is why we will be SB contenders. Because the holes on our team are obvious and there are clearly ways they can be plugged up going into next season.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

The next Rob Johnson (R.J. Loserman) should never start. The Bills should look for a vet. QB like Kitna.

Comment

Working...
                              X