PDA

View Full Version : Could Madden be more irritating as a commentator?

imbondz
01-08-2005, 10:20 PM
"I think the farther teams get into the playoffs, the more intense the games get''. Madden

FTG
01-08-2005, 10:25 PM
LOL. He's a dope but after listening to the 3 stooges in the ealier game he's not so bad :D

ArcticWildMan
01-08-2005, 11:06 PM
I hate Madden. I wish he'd retire.

Drive 4 Five
01-09-2005, 12:28 AM
LOL. He's a dope but after listening to the 3 stooges in the ealier game he's not so bad :D

True that. Those guys are the absolute worst. I would just love to slap the living hell out of Joe Theismann...

mybills
01-09-2005, 07:16 AM
Madden is as annoying as Johnny Miller announcing for the PGA. He kept saying how Chad's shoulder was hurting from his rotator cuff problem...didn't look like he had any problems with it to me..and if he did, wouldn't they ice it on the sidelines? :rolleyes:
Then he took the cue from Young, Strahan & Billick telling Berman that the Jets are fatigued..he kept saying how tired they were and wouldn't do good in the 2nd half. Looked just as good to me. :rolleyes:
In the 2nd qtr he kept saying that the Jets were having trouble on 3rd downs..um, that's why Chad found a receiver on every 3rd down in the 1st qtr and continued to find them on 3rd downs for the rest of the game. :rolleyes:

Typ0
01-09-2005, 07:53 AM
The three during the first game were horrible...but I like Madden.

The_Philster
01-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Madden's been a joke for years and years...always has a handle on the bltantly obvious

imbondz
01-09-2005, 09:04 AM
he is the master of the blatantly obvious.

"It's first and ten and they need 10 yards to go for a first down". Madden

DraftBoy
01-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Paul Maguire is the worst of them all, and I know he's a Buffalo Boy but I just cant stand him in the booth, hes a good guy though. Theisman I can stand bc he knows his stuff pretty well, just his voice is annoying bc he's so much louder than the rest. Mike Patrick is really good! Madden is annoying and Micheals doesnt make it any easier to listen to.

Turf
01-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Everytime I hear McGuire speak, I think of what Lou Saban once said about him, "I never knew a guy who knew less about football". Amen.

McGuire:

Let me tell you something...

Did you see that?

After the 2nd play of the game... So and so has all day back there, the reason he's able to complete so many passes is they're not sending enough men.....

mybills
01-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Another thing about Madden...

He has his head stuck so far up Tom Brady's ass it makes me wanna :puke:
That whole team, actually! :puke:

Typ0
01-09-2005, 12:02 PM

you just don't like him because he's old...and he reminds you you're old :D.

venis2k1
01-09-2005, 12:54 PM
A few of my madden favs

"the team that scores the most points today will most likely win the game"

and from last night

"i think the reason they keep giving the ball to LT is that he is their best player"

Dozerdog
01-09-2005, 01:08 PM
My favorite maddenism las tnight was this -

Early in the game, he's telling us that Antonio Gates is great in the red zone as a threat, but he tells us in the open field, because of his size and (relative) lack of speed he's nothing special in the "open field"

Late in the second half when Gates makes some big plays he's telling us how his size and basketball moves make him a great option in the open field.

Bill Brasky
01-09-2005, 03:24 PM
he is the master of the blatantly obvious.

"It's first and ten and they need 10 yards to go for a first down". Madden

Here's a guy that when he puts his contacts in he can see better.

mybills
01-09-2005, 03:43 PM
you just don't like him because he's old...and he reminds you you're old :D.
My gray hair & wrinkles remind me daily! :D

EDS
01-09-2005, 03:44 PM
True that. Those guys are the absolute worst. I would just love to slap the living hell out of Joe Theismann...

Agreed.

RedEyE
01-09-2005, 03:50 PM
I think it woud be more interesting to have "average Joe's", armchair QBs in the booth.

I'm just grateful that Madden and Summeral aren't teamed up anymore. They made the game more exciting with the volume turned down. :snooze:

tbone2005orbust
01-09-2005, 07:05 PM

Actually it's up Brett Favre's ass. But Brady's gettin close. Maybe when Favre retires.

http://www.extremeskins.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=banghaha&file=11mnf2

Dozerdog
01-09-2005, 07:07 PM
:welcome:
Nice to have you on board, tbone!

helmetguy
01-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Theisman is the Weiler of sports broadcasting. He say in 10,000 words what anyone else says in 10; which is why I think they pay him by the word. Mike Patrick sounds drunk.

Madden plain sucks. The "Horse Trailer" players are pre determined...one for each team, and the winning team's guy gets the "honor." Betcha the horse don't crap as much as what Madden produces.

mybills
01-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Actually it's up Brett Favre's ass. But Brady's gettin close. Maybe when Favre retires.

He did a Sirus commercial with Brett Favre too?

Earthquake Enyart
01-10-2005, 07:52 AM
I love it when Madden circles the wrong guy on the telestrator. He probably averages about one a game.