Could Madden be more irritating as a commentator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Could Madden be more irritating as a commentator?

"I think the farther teams get into the playoffs, the more intense the games get''. Madden
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

• FTG
    • Aug 2004

LOL. He's a dope but after listening to the 3 stooges in the ealier game he's not so bad
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I hate Madden. I wish he'd retire.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
        • May 2003

Originally posted by FTG
        LOL. He's a dope but after listening to the 3 stooges in the ealier game he's not so bad
        True that. Those guys are the absolute worst. I would just love to slap the living hell out of Joe Theismann...

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Madden is as annoying as Johnny Miller announcing for the PGA. He kept saying how Chad's shoulder was hurting from his rotator cuff problem...didn't look like he had any problems with it to me..and if he did, wouldn't they ice it on the sidelines?
          Then he took the cue from Young, Strahan & Billick telling Berman that the Jets are fatigued..he kept saying how tired they were and wouldn't do good in the 2nd half. Looked just as good to me.
          In the 2nd qtr he kept saying that the Jets were having trouble on 3rd downs..um, that's why Chad found a receiver on every 3rd down in the 1st qtr and continued to find them on 3rd downs for the rest of the game.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

The three during the first game were horrible...but I like Madden.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Madden's been a joke for years and years...always has a handle on the bltantly obvious
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

he is the master of the blatantly obvious.

"It's first and ten and they need 10 yards to go for a first down". Madden
                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Paul Maguire is the worst of them all, and I know he's a Buffalo Boy but I just cant stand him in the booth, hes a good guy though. Theisman I can stand bc he knows his stuff pretty well, just his voice is annoying bc he's so much louder than the rest. Mike Patrick is really good! Madden is annoying and Micheals doesnt make it any easier to listen to.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Turf
                    • Jul 2002

Everytime I hear McGuire speak, I think of what Lou Saban once said about him, "I never knew a guy who knew less about football". Amen.

McGuire:

Let me tell you something...

Did you see that?

After the 2nd play of the game... So and so has all day back there, the reason he's able to complete so many passes is they're not sending enough men.....
                    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Another thing about Madden...

He has his head stuck so far up Tom Brady's ass it makes me wanna
                      That whole team, actually!
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                        Another thing about Madden...

He has his head stuck so far up Tom Brady's ass it makes me wanna
                        That whole team, actually!
                        you just don't like him because he's old...and he reminds you you're old .

Comment

• venis2k1
                          Youboty can hope
                          • Jul 2002

A few of my madden favs

"the team that scores the most points today will most likely win the game"

and from last night

"i think the reason they keep giving the ball to LT is that he is their best player"

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

My favorite maddenism las tnight was this -

Early in the game, he's telling us that Antonio Gates is great in the red zone as a threat, but he tells us in the open field, because of his size and (relative) lack of speed he's nothing special in the "open field"

Late in the second half when Gates makes some big plays he's telling us how his size and basketball moves make him a great option in the open field.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by imbondz
                              he is the master of the blatantly obvious.

"It's first and ten and they need 10 yards to go for a first down". Madden
                              Here's a guy that when he puts his contacts in he can see better.

Comment

Working...
                              X