PDA

View Full Version : j-e-t-s jets jets jets

CuseJetsFan83
01-09-2005, 01:12 AM
a jets fan in complete disbelief right now...............

man, win or lose next week , or in hte future................... what an exciting playoffs this will be!

Dozerdog
01-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Congrats on a most improbable win!

I really like Schottenheimer- but his decisions on that last series before the kick puzzled me.

Run into the line twice for no gain, .....ok.....you set up the ball for the middle of the field. That third down run relly puzzled me. Instesad of kicking it on 3rd down like conventional wisdom tells you to do in that situation (Bad snap, ect.....) you now have moved the ball to the right hashmark as LT tried to get that to the outside.

Your Rookie proceeds to blow it.

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2005, 07:09 AM
Kaeding should've made that FG. You guys were completely outplayed.

L-U-C-K Luck Luck Luck. :mad:

mybills
01-09-2005, 07:59 AM

Ok John Madden.
The Jets played strong throughout that game. Am I the only one who saw that?
Besides, the Bolts blew it because their QB's name is Drew! :rofl:

Dozerdog
01-09-2005, 08:04 AM
Brees did struggle in that game...it wasn't his best effort of the year. Hats off to the Jet's defense. They played great for 55 minutes- and despite Barton's industrial-strength dumb play at the end- they managed to pull it out.

Did anyone figure out what the Jets cosaches were melting down over in the second half? Edwards and their RB coach were abou to beat each other to death for a moment there- WHEN THEY WERE LEADING!!!

mybills
01-09-2005, 08:16 AM
I didn't catch what it was about, but Herm said it was all over as soon as it started and they put it behind them.

Mr. Miyagi
01-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Ok John Madden.
The Jets played strong throughout that game. Am I the only one who saw that?
Besides, the Bolts blew it because their QB's name is Drew! :rofl:
Closet Jets fan aren't we? I knew it! :shakeno:

mybills
01-09-2005, 08:38 AM
lol..no, I got a point by picking them! :D

Jayhawk
01-09-2005, 08:39 AM
good game but :jetsuck:

imbondz
01-09-2005, 09:06 AM
a jets fan in complete disbelief right now...............

man, win or lose next week , or in hte future................... what an exciting playoffs this will be!
Good luck next week. :hi5:

BleedinGreenNC
01-09-2005, 10:56 AM

L-U-C-K Luck Luck Luck. :mad: You werent wathcing the same game were you?

Typ0
01-09-2005, 11:27 AM
I'll be a JETS fan. They played a really tough game and got a win on the road in the playoffs...I would love to see them go into NE next week and beat the patsies :D.

Halbert
01-09-2005, 11:33 AM
The Jets are my #1 most despised team, barely inching past the Boys and Fish for top honors.

Yet I hope they win the SB this year. Why? I want the Bills’ players to have the shame of a loss to deep scrubs to haunt them for as long as possible. The Jets wouldn’t even be in the playoffs if it wasn’t for the Bills’ historic pathetic collapse. If they win the SB that will be like a knife in the side of the Bills’ players all next season long.

Hopefully that lesson will last at least a season, if not a decade. To take that game against the Steelers lightly is one of the all-time sins and they should be given every incentive to never forget it.

Iehoshua
01-09-2005, 11:38 AM

No not outplayed... If the Chargers were smart, they'd have done something more than scuttlebutt around the 3 downs before kicking, IMO.

The Jets are my #1 most despised team, barely inching past the Boys and Fish for top honors.

Yet I hope they win the SB this year. Why? I want the Bills’ players to have the shame of a loss to deep scrubs to haunt them for as long as possible. The Jets wouldn’t even be in the playoffs if it wasn’t for the Bills’ historic pathetic collapse. If they win the SB that will be like a knife in the side of the Bills’ players all next season long.

Hopefully that lesson will last at least a season, if not a decade. To take that game against the Steelers lightly is one of the all-time sins and they should be given every incentive to never forget it.

Good point, I couldn't help but think every few minutes as I saw their puke green and white unis that they'd be sitting on the couch had our team been able to get the W against Pittsburgh's garbage. Regardless, the more I look upon those Jests, the more I'm going to think about it, so it would be a safe bet the Bills are thinking the same thing.

Typ0
01-09-2005, 11:41 AM
No not outplayed... If the Chargers were smart, they'd have done something more than scuttlebutt around the 3 downs before kicking, IMO.

Good point, I couldn't help but think every few minutes as I saw their puke green and white unis that they'd be sitting on the couch had our team been able to get the W against Pittsburgh's garbage. Regardless, the more I look upon those Jests, the more I'm going to think about it, so it would be a safe bet the Bills are thinking the same thing.

I don't think putting the ball in LT's hands at that point was that much of a mistake...in hindsite he was shut down and people can gripe about it...but that was the JETS stopping him. He's a great runner. If I had him on my team I would never hesitate to give him the ball.

Iehoshua
01-09-2005, 11:44 AM
I don't think putting the ball in LT's hands at that point was that much of a mistake...in hindsite he was shut down and people can gripe about it...but that was the JETS stopping him. He's a great runner. If I had him on my team I would never hesitate to give him the ball.

True, I just think a shot at the endzone in that situation may have been in order, would definitely have been a gamble, but a worthwhile one...

The_Philster
01-09-2005, 11:44 AM
They're Green!
They're White!
They do each other at night!!

Halbert
01-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Man, this is about as pissed as I get over sports. It's been a week and I'm still fuming. It only took me about three days to get over the first SB loss, for crying out loud. I just can't get over they lost to deep scrubs. At home. With the playoffs the prize for winning.

I wish Pat and Sam were here right now. I'd ***** slap them silly.

Icer
01-09-2005, 12:44 PM

LOL are you kidding me? The team that was outplayed was the Chargers, the Jets won the game 3 freaking times. If not for Eric Barton it's 17-10 and FINAL.
Chargers were fortunate to even make it to OT, they wouldnt have if not for the stupidest play in years.

Dozerdog
01-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Man, this is about as pissed as I get over sports. It's been a week and I'm still fuming. It only took me about three days to get over the first SB loss, for crying out loud. I just can't get over they lost to deep scrubs. At home. With the playoffs the prize for winning.

I wish Pat and Sam were here right now. I'd ***** slap them silly.
I'd think they would stomp you into submission....or you could run away for at least 150 yards...

Halbert
01-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Not with 12 sticks of dynamite strapped to my chest. Even the Little Mermaid wouldn't **** with me then.

Yeah, I'm bad. Who's yo guppie?

The_Philster
01-09-2005, 01:15 PM
You're starting to sound like helmetguy did after the Bills-Rams game in 98..we went over to Big Tree after the game and he wanted to get in BRUCE's face...thank God we had a few cute co-eds sitting with us

CuseJetsFan83
01-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Brees did struggle in that game...it wasn't his best effort of the year. Hats off to the Jet's defense. They played great for 55 minutes- and despite Barton's industrial-strength dumb play at the end- they managed to pull it out.

Did anyone figure out what the Jets cosaches were melting down over in the second half? Edwards and their RB coach were abou to beat each other to death for a moment there- WHEN THEY WERE LEADING!!!
according to alot of online sources, they claim the fight was over the running backs coach taking out curtis martin, in place of lamont jordan. its no secret that herman edwards has a slight grudge against lamont, especially in playoffs (ie a few years ago against hte raiders... fumble fumble fumble)

the jets and bolts had great games, especially on D.
barton's collosal bonehead play nearly was their execution order, but that rookie missed the kick in the same place that brien missed in the first quarter.

denver is currently losing, so if things hold up, we get pitt......... good :-)

Typ0
01-09-2005, 01:37 PM
according to alot of online sources, they claim the fight was over the running backs coach taking out curtis martin, in place of lamont jordan. its no secret that herman edwards has a slight grudge against lamont, especially in playoffs (ie a few years ago against hte raiders... fumble fumble fumble)

the jets and bolts had great games, especially on D.
barton's collosal bonehead play nearly was their execution order, but that rookie missed the kick in the same place that brien missed in the first quarter.

denver is currently losing, so if things hold up, we get pitt......... good :-)

I kind of thought it might be the other way around...because Jordan was tearing up the yards...I think he should have stayed in there. And I thought the fight happened after Jordan had a good run and Martin entered the game.

imbondz
01-09-2005, 01:53 PM
They're Green!
They're White!
They do each other at night!!
:rofl: I agree.

The_Philster
01-09-2005, 02:02 PM
:rofl: I agree.

We chanted that every time a Jets fan passed our tailgate :snicker:

GreenMachine
01-09-2005, 02:27 PM
:rofl: I agree.They're Blue,
They're Red,
They give each other head!

Typ0
01-09-2005, 02:33 PM
They're Blue,
They're Red,

You're gonna get a warning for that comment :rofl:

ArcticWildMan
01-09-2005, 02:37 PM
They're Blue,
They're Red,

:doh: You guys walked right into that one!!!

imbondz
01-09-2005, 02:58 PM
They're Blue,
They're Red,
:rofl: I disagree though.

Dozerdog
01-09-2005, 03:12 PM
I recall Martin having back to back big games- but on the pass he took downfield, he took what looked like a tough hit. He was drsgged from behind and his head bounced kinda hard off the turf.

maybe the RB coach was giving him a breather.

Meathead
01-10-2005, 09:04 PM
helmetguy wanted to get in BRUCE's face...
I'll put my money on the Italian Thunder.

True story - I saw Darryl Talley all drunk up and screaming at some short little guido at No Names on Elmwood. Talley was cussin and spittin and threatening to tear his head off.

It was actually comical in its absurdity, but I remember bolting out of there because of a recent shooting down the street. I found out later nothing happened, but apparently the little dude was a known scumbag from the deep West Side (the less affluent Italian section), close to where I lived at the time. I had tons of cool friends from that neighborhood but there were plenty of weasly little Don-wannabes running around with blades and such. Don't underestimate the balls on a guy with a knife up his sleeve.

Ah, the memories. lol.

TigerJ
01-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Congratulations. The Jets played better than I expected. It also seemed to me that Marty Schottenheimer kind of reverted to form in that game. Supposedly, this season he abandoned "Marty ball" which is physical football played conservatively with lots of running. Well, he got pretty conservative in that game, and I think it cost him. That's not what fits his personnel. With most games, it's not a case of having one team suck or the other team plays great. It's usually some of both, and I think that's the case here. I have to give the Jets and Herm Edwards their props, but San Diego's play mystified me. I kept thinking maybe they aren't as good as I thought they were. Another paper tiger goes up in smoke.

DaBills
01-11-2005, 01:57 PM
They're Green,
They're White,
They're all done
come Saturday night.

Congrats though on the win to the Jets fans even though your season's over Saturday. You dudes escaped and pulled that one outta yer ass last week though. LT disappeared. Didn't look like he got on track until late.

Don't get why people are down on Chad for his so-called lack of an arm. Looks like he threw 40-50 yards pretty good Saturday.

Typ0
01-11-2005, 02:35 PM
I recall Martin having back to back big games- but on the pass he took downfield, he took what looked like a tough hit. He was drsgged from behind and his head bounced kinda hard off the turf.

maybe the RB coach was giving him a breather.

I think what I said earlier was correct. The fight was over Jordan comming out of the game not his going in. Jordan had been tearing things up and they were well on the way to a win with him in there...I don't blame herm at all for putting his foot down...we could have used a coach like that here the past few seasons.