List the FA, you want the Bills to chase after in the off-season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

List the FA, you want the Bills to chase after in the off-season.

I figured that since this would be a hot topic over the next few months I'd start the ball rolling with the first serious consideration of who the Bills should pursue in the off-season.

Starters who probably will be gone next year...
    Riemersma, Centers, Jenkins, Robinson, Price (FA, maybe), Ahanotu (maybe), Hollis (FA, maybe), Newman (FA, maybe), Prioleau (FA)

Free cap space...
    16mil-20mil (10 or 12mil dead cap comes free + maybe 6-8 mil from these guys)

U.F.A. we should pursue...
    B.Noble (DT, Dallas) he's a young wide body with only 4years experience who has a nonstop motor, and is an excellent run stopper, he should be a relative FA steal if we can snatch this one away from Dallas for less than 4mil a year.
    C.Simon (DT, Philly) he's a young blue-chip wide body, who's only been in the league for 3 years, who is already one of the premier pass rushing DT's in the business... he may be franchised, and will certainly draw top dollar in FA (5-10mil a season) this off-season, making it unlikely the Bills will win his services.
    R.Colvin (SLB, Chicago) he's young, fast and everything we need in a pass rushing LB, he will draw top dollar as the best pass rushing LB in FA this season… unfortunately, with the signing of Favors it is unlikely we will pursue him.
    T.Spikes (WLB, Cinci) he's a young blue-chip tackling machine, and perhaps the best WLB in the game, will earn top dollar in FA this year (I think the Bengals have used the franchise tag on Dillon). Of all the FA, this is the guy I'd like to see more than any other, the problem is we'll be bidding against a lot of other teams for this one.
    S.Barber (WLB, Philly) he should be on our shortlist since it is unlikely we can win a bidding war for Spikes since there is always some team who will be willing to throw a boatload of money at the guy, and is probably the next best WLB on the FA list.
    D.Jackson (FS, TB) he's a young (25year old) big play FS, who is a sure tackler, and has a good nose for the football. Next to Spikes, this is the next most important guy to get; unfortunately I think the Bucs will resign him.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-25-2002, 01:09 AM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

BTW: here is a list of the restricted and unrestricted FA next year... Free Agents
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

The D I'd love to see... (and think we could swing cap wise)
      RDE: Jones
      DT: Williams
      DT: Noble/Simon (Nobel at 3.5mil or Simon if we can steal him for less than 6mil)
      LDE: Schoebel

SLB: Colvin/Favors (Colvin only if we can get him for less than 4mil a year).
      MLB: Fletcher
      WLB: Spikes (at 8mil)

CB: Winfield
      CB: Clements
      SS: Wire
      FS: Jackson (at 2-3mil)

=14mil in salary (18 with Colvin, 16 with Simon, 20-21 with both)
      Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-25-2002, 01:32 AM.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
        • Jul 2002

Do you know of anywhere where it's a little more categorized by position? I'll poke around as well...
        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Bert102176
          • Aug 2002

LB Chris Claiborne(UFA), LB Mike Peterson(UFA), FB Rob Konrad(UFA), or FB Marc Edwards(UFA), DT John Thornton(UFA), S Kwamie Lassiter(UFA), ), DT Barron Tanner(UFA), LB Peter Boulware(UFA), DT Kelly Gregg(RFA), S Larry Whigham(UFA)- for special teams, WR Kevin Johnson(UFA)- only if Price leaves, DT Bernard Whittington(UFA), DT Brandon Noble(UFA), LB Takeo Spikes(UFA), LB Rosevelt Colvin(UFA),
          Last edited by Bert102176; 11-25-2002, 01:33 AM.
          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

I don't like going after a FB, I like the way Burns is developing... I picked the LB's with an eye to speed... however those are good guys if money is an issue (I don't see Detroit giving up Claiborne though)

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Bert102176
              • Aug 2002

can always hope
              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

true... however I'd prefer, Spikes at WLB, but then again beggers can't be chosers right?

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Great work Ingtar!

Since there won't be a Jets breakdown (and i think the readers probably want to be spared a gruesome autopsy anyways I took the liberty of making this a front page article.

I hope you approve!

Looking ahead to the Free Agency Market

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Am I missing something? Burns at FB? If he's playing there and I missed it, it's only been a game or two. At 5-9, 215 lbs, he's kinda small for the position, isn't he?
                    Crosby has been doing a solid job at FB for two seasons now, IMO.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

i'd like to see a couple LB's come in and we switch back to the 3-4 defense.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

sorry, I meant Crosby... don't know what I was thinking...

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

Hmmm... a 3-4 with

RDE Jones
                          DT Williams
                          LDE Schoebel

WOLB Favors/Newman
                          WILB Spikes (played this position in Cinci when they ran the 3-4) (8mil)
                          SILB Fletcher
                          SOLB Colvin (4-6mil)

CB: Winfield
                          CB: Clements
                          SS: Wire
                          FS: Jackson (at 2-3mil)

Not too bad... it would be cheaper to fill this squad than it would be to fill our 4-3... Infact we would probably be able to put a lot of pressure on the QB with either of there line-ups

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

too bad we'd need a different DE than Schoebel, he's not right for a 3-4

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• itsandthings
                              • Sep 2002

Corey Simon is not an free agent until after the 2004 season, and I doubt Philly is looking to cut him.

He is under contract in Phildelphia through the 2004 season at very cap friendly prices. He was drafted in 2000 and signed a 5-year deal (4 years plus an option for 2004 Philly already picked up).

Comment

Working...
                              X