PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Emotions

northernbillfan
11-25-2002, 03:37 AM
I knew the boards would be filled with axiety and dread. Loaded with the realization, that it was over, awhile back now.

There is despair here now, but there are some people holding onto a chance. I think it's time for another deep breath.

Remember back at the beginning of the season, when we most of us agreed 8-8 would make us happy. Then we were filled with false hope afterr the Miami game. We clung to a chance after NE adn KC. Now my fellow fans, it's time to look forward.

Even if we went 9-6, it would not be enough to get a wild card spot, based on our AFC record alone.

Admit it folks, the Buffalo Bills have just become the team, we all know and love! Not quite good enough.

YET!!!

Sabre Ally
11-25-2002, 03:42 AM
Not quite good enough.

I'm glad I wasn't around to see what was said about the team last season. We all laugh at the Bengals, but we were the ones with only 3 wins then. They're praying they can win 3 this year.

I'd rather be not quite good enough than be praying just to win a game or two. We have a good portion of the pieces of a very good team in place.

shelby
11-25-2002, 04:26 AM
Next year could RAWK if the appropriate adjustments are made in the offseason.
:D

WG
11-25-2002, 08:00 AM
Now, let's just hope that we make all the necessary adjustments.

What bothers me about this team is the O. While the D playing worse than last year is understandable, this offense has all the players in place to be a juggernaut. If we were putting up 23 PPG that would be one thing. But we're struggling to put up a TD in every game, sorely struggling in the red zone, and often from within the 30.

That's what has me deeply concerned. What, are we a player away? No. We have everything we need right here, right now on O. So why on earth is the O not holding at least it's end of the bargain.

34-33 is one thing. 31-13, 38-7, 17-16 are another altogether. This offense on paper should be challenging for #1 in the league. Instead, we have fallen from #1 depending upon which category you look at to #9 in one case. IMO we'll be out of the top 10 in most of them by year's end.

Also IMO, there's absolutely no excuse for that.

Gibride's at fault and he needs to go. Unfortunately, they won't cut him b/c he's supposed to be "perfect for Drew." Well, I can certainly see why assuming that attempts are "perfect for Drew."

In the meantime, he's not good for the team.

northernbillfan
11-25-2002, 04:00 PM
Good point Wys

The O is, and should be, one of the best in the league. Perhaps its a case of other teams figuring out our basic schemes.

Now our D on the other hand is just horrendous. Missed blocks, half assed attempts at tackles, blown coverage....

It is a case of more than one person helping us out.