PDA

View Full Version : Things that the bills will and willnot do in the off season

shotgun
01-09-2005, 07:19 PM
1. will not getrid of bledsoe

2. will not re-sign jennings

3. will sign pat williams

4. will not trade travis henry befor or @ the draft( he will play out his contrac)

5. will cut lindell and draft or sign a new kicker ...

what do u guys think the bills will do or will not do.. i will send anyone 100 zb's if that get 5 right ..

go bills !!!! or everyone donate 10 to me and i will give it to the winner!!

Michael82
01-09-2005, 07:32 PM
1. Will re-sign Pat Williams

2. Will NOT re-sign Jonas Jennings

3. Will NOT cut Drew Bledsoe

4. Will cut Rian Lindell and find a new kicker

5. Will extend Eric Moulds AND Terrence McGee's contracts.

FTG
01-09-2005, 07:33 PM
agree with everything but #4. They will move Henry. He made it clear he wants to leave. He'll turn into a pain in the ass if they bring him back

ScottLawrence
01-09-2005, 07:45 PM

I agree with everything.

mypoorfriendme
01-10-2005, 12:51 AM
the odds of the bills cutting bledsoe are about 1000 to 1. the odds of bledsoe starting the first game are just as high in his favor.
i doubt the bills cut lindell, despite what most will say, he was consistent this year.
and mcgee will get a nice extension.

DBam
01-10-2005, 04:02 AM
Draft the Ohio State Buckeye's kicker!

YardRat
01-10-2005, 05:27 AM
1. Keep Bledsoe

2. Get rid of Henry

3. Re-structure Moulds

4. Raise ticket prices

5. Lose Jennings

Michael82
01-10-2005, 11:14 AM
1. Keep Bledsoe

2. Get rid of Henry

3. Re-structure Moulds

4. Raise ticket prices

5. Lose Jennings
I hope #4 doesn't happen. :mad:

But it probably will.

YardRat
01-10-2005, 12:06 PM
I hope #4 doesn't happen. :mad:

But it probably will.
Just a "hunch".

DraftBoy
01-10-2005, 12:44 PM
1. Cut Lindell
2. Re-sign Pat
3. re-structure Moulds
4. Extend Mcgee and Clements
5. Draft an OC

That was my top 5 for the contest the rest is for personal opinion
6. Open QB battle at TC
7. McGahee becomes 100%
8. Draft a 3rd WR
9. Draft a FS/CB
10. Sign a vet LT
11. Draft a DE that actually has a pass rush on his own
12. Raise ticket prices

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-10-2005, 01:37 PM
The Bills

WILL NOT: get better
WILL NOT: get worse

WILL: convince themselves that the OL is "fine" and "starting to play well together" and "loaded with potential" and therefore not be aggressive in signing an impact player.

WILL: give Bledsoe the inside slant at the starting QB job because Tom Donahoe is still enamored with him and JP was shaky in his 3 whole minutes of garbage time.

WILL: make more excuses...for everything....

WILL: have a poor showing in the draft (lack of 1st round pick discounted)

WILL: have fans buying into their latest sham by July.

Saulbadguy
01-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Whats wrong with Drew Bledsoe? :)

ScottLawrence
01-10-2005, 02:01 PM
The Bills

WILL: convince themselves that the OL is "fine" and "starting to play well together" and "loaded with potential" and therefore not be aggressive in signing an impact player.

WILL: give Bledsoe the inside slant at the starting QB job because Tom Donahoe is still enamored with him and JP was shaky in his 3 whole minutes of garbage time.

Believe me, if Bledsoe is named the starting quarterback in 2005, most fans in Buffalo will not buy in Donahoes "sham".

I think you can take that to the bank.

Mr. Cynical
01-10-2005, 04:18 PM
The Bills

Agreed.

YardRat
01-29-2005, 05:22 AM
1. Keep Bledsoe

2. Get rid of Henry

3. Re-structure Moulds

4. Raise ticket prices

5. Lose Jennings
I hope #4 doesn't happen. :mad:But it probably will.
Just a "hunch".Bills Fan Central (http://www.billsfancentral.com/): "Bills Restructure Ticket Prices For 2005"

"The Buffalo Bills are revamping season ticket prices for the 2005 season. Select season ticket sections will increase by $2 to $4 while individual game tickets are also going to be more expensive; fans can expect to pay $3 to $5 more for those. A new section of seats called "The Rockpile" will also be able available. Season tickets in the new area will be on sale for as low as $250."

Well--that didn't take too long now, did it? :D

TigerJ
01-29-2005, 04:18 PM
1. Will not draft Nugent. Will draft a different kicker.

2. Will trade Travis away.

3. Will re-sign Pat Williams

4. Will sign a starting caliber free agent veteran guard

5. Will not draft a linebacker.

Ebenezer
01-29-2005, 04:25 PM
The Bills

Agreed.

serious question without starting a flame...but...if you guys don't like the "sham" and feel insulted then why do you hang around and stay "fans"???...it's a football team; not your business. the only investment you have is the money you have spent in the past...other than this chat board the events should have NO bearing on your life other than the enjoyment/frustration of another game...

I don't like some shop's pizza I go someplace else...I don't like Ford, I buy Chevy...there are 31 other teams...

unpaid_bills
01-29-2005, 07:00 PM
serious question without starting a flame...but...if you guys don't like the "sham" and feel insulted then why do you hang around and stay "fans"???...it's a football team; not your business. the only investment you have is the money you have spent in the past...other than this chat board the events should have NO bearing on your life other than the enjoyment/frustration of another game...

I don't like some shop's pizza I go someplace else...I don't like Ford, I buy Chevy...there are 31 other teams...
Could not agree more :clap:

YardRat
01-29-2005, 08:50 PM
1. Will not draft Nugent. Will draft a different kicker.

Because the Bills don't think he's worth a second rounder and someone will snag him before their third, or because they want to wait until day two regardless?

TigerJ
01-29-2005, 09:24 PM
I just don't see TD as the type to draft a kicker that high. I think he figures that Nugent can't be four rounds better than the kicker he could draft in round six. I could be wrong, but that's my take. I think Buffalo is more likely to go offensive line in round two. It's not anything personal against Nugent.

McBFLO
01-30-2005, 04:41 PM
I just don't see TD as the type to draft a kicker that high. I think he figures that Nugent can't be four rounds better than the kicker he could draft in round six. I could be wrong, but that's my take. I think Buffalo is more likely to go offensive line in round two. It's not anything personal against Nugent.

I agree, look at Moorman. He was undrafted and is now arguable the best P in the league. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they didn't draft a K.

Bruce is Loose
01-30-2005, 06:47 PM
will not get rid of bledsoe
will not get rid of lindell
will trade henry
will sign jennings
will not sign pat williams

chubluv
01-30-2005, 09:48 PM
the odds of the bills cutting bledsoe are about 1000 to 1.

So your saying there is a chance !!! :clap:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-31-2005, 07:45 AM

Well, I can tell you that if there was another team that was covered well on the radio and other local media, I very well might start following them at this point, but I won't ever give up on the Bills. I don't like Donahoe. I don't agree with his priorities. Could I do a better job? No Way. But I still think he has too many selfish motives to be a great GM in the NFL. So yes I think his plan will be another SHAM, but I would love to be proven wrong. I just don't see this team making it to the promised land while he is at the wheel of the franchise.

I am also a Cleveland Indians fan, so you know I am well accustomed to failure. It's not failure that makes me cynical, its the fact that our competitive window is closing shortly, we have very little young talent on defense, and the front office does not display much of a sense of urgency.

I disagree that the only investment I have is $ spent in the past. I also have a huge time investment between going to training camp, going to games or watching them on TV, etc.....and a pretty passionate emotional investment....like others here, even if it may be silly, my day can be great or horrible depending on what is up with the Bills. The Bills are a very significant part of my life, especially during the preseason/season/draft/free agency period, etc....

shotgun
02-28-2005, 01:49 PM
just thought i would bright this one back because some of us are allready rong.... like me heheheheh

go bills

Michael82
02-28-2005, 01:52 PM

So far I got 1 wrong and 1 right.

kevinj22
02-28-2005, 01:56 PM
I don't see anything wrong with being a passionate fan. I "LOVE" the Buffalo Bills and I have never lived in the city of Buffalo. I live in Long Island, NY. I became a Bills fan back when OJ played. I will NEVER root for another team until I die or they fold. That may seem odd to some people but that's just how I am. GO BILLS!!!!!

lordofgun
02-28-2005, 02:02 PM
I knew they would cut Bledsoe.

EDS
02-28-2005, 02:07 PM
I still cannot understand why people claim that TD is too "selfish" to guide the Bills to the playoffs. In my eyes he has made some risky moves, several of which have backfired, in an effort to bring playoff football back to Buffalo. If he did not have a sense of urgency to turn the team around he would have never traded for Bledsoe to begin with. He made a gutsy call picking McGahee and delt with the negative public reaction, he made the tough call to eventually let Bledsoe go, etc.

TD is constantly making moves to improve the franchise, things like trading down (or up) in the draft, signing significant free agents and some lesser known free agents, making quality draft picks, picking up the cream of the undrafted free agent crop.

What more do you people want?

Really, the biggest mistake was Bledsoe and he has now rectified it. After that the biggest mistake is probably Greg Williams, but his subsequent hiring and success with Joe Gibbs in Washington pretty much confirms that he is a hell of a coach.