PDA

View Full Version : Brett Farve is washed up

Armpalm Ali Musch
01-09-2005, 09:09 PM
He is worse than Bledsoe. This guy blows games for GB single handedly. His passes have been off for a few years now. I think they really need to start looking for his replacement this offseason.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2005, 09:24 PM
He is worse than Bledsoe. This guy blows games for GB single handedly. His passes have been off for a few years now. I think they really need to start looking for his replacement this offseason.

How about a even trade, Bledsoe for Favre?

Demon
01-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Maybe Green Bay will try to deal for either Drew Brees or Phillip Rivers? But i don't see them getting Lienart.... is he even entering the draft?

BSXIII
01-09-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm sure if you talked to their coaches, you'd find out Bledsoe is far more coachable than Favre at this point. Favre's blunders just don't make sense. He is living on his past repuation, and beating up on crappy teams on MNF, but I don't see him giving the rest of his offense the best chance to succeed. His o-line is dominating, and he'll immediatly run out of the pocket, pull his head out, and heave it down the field. Football is a game of adjustments, and it appears Favre refuses to make any. If your o-line is gonna give you 6 seconds to throw the ball, why not take it and give your receivers a chance to get open rather than roll out, pull your head back, and force a pass into space.

ArcticWildMan
01-09-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm sure if you talked to their coaches, you'd find out Bledsoe is far more coachable than Favre at this point. Favre's blunders just don't make sense. He is living on his past repuation, and beating up on crappy teams on MNF, but I don't see him giving the rest of his offense the best chance to succeed. His o-line is dominating, and he'll immediatly run out of the pocket, pull his head out, and heave it down the field. Football is a game of adjustments, and it appears Favre refuses to make any. If your o-line is gonna give you 6 seconds to throw the ball, why not take it and give your receivers a chance to get open rather than roll out, pull your head back, and force a pass into space.

Favre can get away with making blunders like he did today because he has one thing that Bledsoe doesn't. A Super Bowl Ring.

That buys him a free pass no matter how bad he plays even though he singlehandidly cost his team the game today.

BSXIII
01-09-2005, 11:22 PM
And before any of you Bledsoe Bashers jump on my last post, don't even think of comparing Minnesota's defense to either New England, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh. Minnesota is not even close to comparable to either of those 3, their defense sucks.

imbondz
01-09-2005, 11:30 PM
hmmmm. What's Favres record since he's been in the league? How many losing seasons has he had in 14 years in the league? None? oh. o.k. He's only led the Packers to one 8-8 season in 14 years, the rest have been 9-7 or better.

Favre is someone who the Packers organization should keep until Favre says so.

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; RIGHT: 5px; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(template/images/body_mid.gif); BORDER-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-y; POSITION: relative" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 45px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 30px; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; COLOR: #494949; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Typ0
01-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Favre can get away with making blunders like he did today because he has one thing that Bledsoe doesn't. A Super Bowl Ring.

That buys him a free pass no matter how bad he plays even though he singlehandidly cost his team the game today.

you watch him retire because he's done.

Turf
01-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Brent will retire. You'll never see him play in the NFL again.

Turf
01-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Damn Typo, we're on the same page here.

ArcticWildMan
01-09-2005, 11:50 PM
you watch him retire because he's done.

If GB had somebody ready to take over, I think Brett would bow out gracefully. Since they don't have anybody, he'll be back next season. Maybe GB can work a trade for Brees or something this offseason but I doubt it.

The_Philster
01-10-2005, 05:06 AM
Maybe Green Bay will try to deal for either Drew Brees or Phillip Rivers? But i don't see them getting Lienart.... is he even entering the draft?
I believe he will...nothing left to prove in college

YardRat
01-10-2005, 05:20 AM
I think Leinert stays....He has a chance to go for the collegiate three-peat, which I don't think has ever been done, and he's probably getting more SoCal action than the "fast-lane" on the LA freeway.

Why give that up to get your brains beat out in SF??

Billz_fan
01-10-2005, 06:23 AM
Favre doesn't call his own plays does he ? Im not sure, I don't think he does. Because it just seems to me they were trying to play shootout football in the 2nd half and getting stuck in alot of 3rd and long situations. Going downfield 2 out of every 3 plays and stuff.

While GB has decent recievers, they do lack a playmaker. Not to mention Walker wasn't in there. I think GB lost the game with there game plan and or play calling. Favre would throw an int and come back out the next series and throw another on the first play. I was like wtf are they doing ?

fushetti
01-10-2005, 07:25 AM
the guys name is BRETT FAVRE. not brent, or farve.

that was the stupidest play i've ever seen...and i was shocked to see it come from Favre. I'd still take him though.

German
01-10-2005, 09:19 AM
hmmmm. What's Favres record since he's been in the league? How many losing seasons has he had in 14 years in the league? None? oh. o.k. He's only led the Packers to one 8-8 season in 14 years, the rest have been 9-7 or better.

Favre is someone who the Packers organization should keep until Favre says so.

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; RIGHT: 5px; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(template/images/body_mid.gif); BORDER-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat-y; POSITION: relative" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 45px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 30px; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; COLOR: #494949; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Agreed.

Yes, he had a bad game yesterday but is IMHO still one of the best in the league and definetly the best QB to ever play the game (so far).
There's nobody in the league that can run a two minute drill like him. NOBODY

Drive 4 Five
01-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Brett Favre is a warrior. You know it just kills this guy to think that he has let the fans down, yet they are the first ones to take cheap shots at him. Brett Favre is washed up? Yeah sure. He is washed up. That is why he continues to play when his wife and family are fighting a life threatening illness. He is so washed up that he would rather play football to avoid letting down those same fans instead of mourning the loss of his father. To say that he is washed up is so damn disrespectful, not only to one of the most storied franchises, or to one of the most honorable players ever to suit up, but to the game itself.

Iehoshua
01-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Favre's at a point where he's on both ends of the spectrum. He has really great games and really poor games. Yesterday was one of the latter. I don't see him retiring yet. Nevertheless, Green Bay would be wise to seek an heir that Brett can mentor...

Drive 4 Five
01-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Favre's at a point where he's on both ends of the spectrum. He has really great games and really poor games. Yesterday was one of the latter. I don't see him retiring yet. Nevertheless, Green Bay would be wise to seek an heir that Brett can mentor...

I just didn't want to see him get to the point where there were more bad games than good, and I believe that it has finally come to that. His performances in the playoffs the last few years have all mirrored the one we saw yesterday. He was too good of a player to continue hanging on longer than he should. If you think about it though, Brett still plays the game the exact same way as he always has. As absurd as it may sound, the difference is simply that his faith in that cannon of an arm is just a little stronger than the power actually left in that arm.

TigerJ
01-10-2005, 12:00 PM
I suspect Favre will be back next season. I've seen several mock drafts that have GB picking a QB in round one. They won't trade into one of the top two spots to pick Leinart, even if he does declare fo the draft (Somewhere there is a rumore that he promis his mother or grandmother, or someone that he would graduate). It's just too expensive for a team in the playoffs. If you're in the bottom third of the draft, your first round pick just doesn't have much trade value when you're talking a trade with a top two spot. It would take to much else, like half their draft, or a first and and some real good players besides.

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Yes, Favre threw four interceptions, and he's had some recent bad playoff games. It doesn't help his defense blows too, and his receivers are overrated. Two of his picks were directly his receivers' faults. Green Bay wouldn't have been in the playoffs the last several years without him. His gunslinger mentality is great -- but it bites him in the ass too. That's why Holmgren and he were great together -- Brett was wild enough, but Holmgren was steady enough, and they balanced each other out. It was like controlled anarchy on the field. Without each other, both are not nearly as good as they were together.

Nevertheless, they should probably seek a successor to Favre soon. I think he'll come back, but the curtain is definitely closing on his career.

He's definitely one of the top quarterbacks of all time. Remember, John Elway was always criticized until his last two years that he couldn't win the big one, Marino was talked about being replaced by Scott Mitchell because HE couldn't win the big one, and Joe Montana (3 SB MVP's) got shown the door for Steve Young (at least he's a Hall of Famer in his own right), so great quarterbacks taking the heat are not rare.

Btw, that's a bunch of crap that Favre has a license to suck because he won the Super Bowl in '96 and that's why he's still so beloved and revered. I remember a guy by the name of Mark Rypien that had a sharp fall from grace, and isn't there a guy named Kurt Warner out there who didn't exactly have the longest hook in the world after a SB win and 2 MVP's?

Favre deserves the credit he gets.

Jon

HAMMER
01-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I think Leinert stays....He has a chance to go for the collegiate three-peat, which I don't think has ever been done, and he's probably getting more SoCal action than the "fast-lane" on the LA freeway.

Why give that up to get your brains beat out in SF??

I can think of about 15 million reasons!

YardRat
01-10-2005, 10:25 PM
It'll probably be more like 18-20 in 2006 if he wins another championship in college.

Play college football, get laid, increase income by 3 to 5 mil in one year.....sounds like a deal to me.

tbone2005orbust
01-10-2005, 10:44 PM
you have such a great point. Money, sex, playin the game he loves, and a college education. what else does he need?