PDA

View Full Version : Would you want Randy Moss on the Bills?

Michael82
01-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Here we go, after reading the Randy Moss thread...it sounds like people would actually want him here. So I want to get a head count and please leave your reasons why or why not. :D

Armpalm Ali Musch
01-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Probably not.

Michael82
01-09-2005, 09:19 PM
I'll start. Hell no! He's too much of an ass and a selfish piece of **** to be worth the money he'd get.

juice
01-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Here we go, after reading the Randy Moss thread...it sounds like people would actually want him here. So I want to get a head count and please leave your reasons why or why not. :DRandy or T.O.

Jersey1031
01-09-2005, 09:22 PM
without a doubt T.O.

Billz_fan
01-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Sure would. He makes plays that change and win games.

honey
01-09-2005, 09:27 PM
:deadhorse: JC, Mikey, can't you just let it go? :rolleyes:

ArcticWildMan
01-09-2005, 09:32 PM
I'd take him in an instant. He's yards above Eric Moulds. He would bring the offense to a new level.

FTG
01-09-2005, 09:51 PM
No. He's not a winner. Never will be

BAM
01-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Yes. Moulds, Evans & Moss. Wow. Just throw the ball up.

I really don't think he's that bad.

Dozerdog
01-09-2005, 10:14 PM
1- You would need to trade a boatload for him

2- You would need to overpay him

3- then you would have to put up with distractions.

He doesn't sell the run by giving up on routes that he knows are decoys, he pouts when the chips are down, he has quit on his team.

Not worth the price.
Most over rated guy on the planet. If he had Mikey's drive and ambition he could be the best ever. But he's to busy being the center of his universe.

PUCKER
01-09-2005, 10:16 PM
We dont need another headcase on this team. :rolleyes:

helmetguy
01-09-2005, 10:20 PM
He's a jive assed punk. No thank you.

BSXIII
01-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Most over rated guy on the planet. If he had Mikey's drive and ambition he could be the best ever. But he's to busy being the center of his universe.

I think I might give that title to someone on the other team today (the over rated part).

Seriously though, Moss is a great player. It seems like at times he would rather be in the WWF (now WWE) than the NFL. I think he practices and prepares hard enough, I just think he does an act to get attention. For some reason he doesn't annoy me quite as much as TO. If this team had a chance to get him for what Philly got TO for last year, I'd say by all means go for it. Hell, I'd give up a first round pick in 2006 to get him next year. He'd make this team an instant Super Bowl Contender.

Demon
01-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I'll start. Hell no! He's too much of an ass and a selfish piece of **** to be worth the money he'd get.

Agreed. No need for a team cancer on this team. He'd start too much trouple in a season where we'd stuggle and he would be a horrible role model for youngers players.

Mr. Cynical
01-09-2005, 11:05 PM
No f**** way. Let him run over meter maids and make a mockery of the game somewhere else.

Typ0
01-09-2005, 11:55 PM
I can't believe so many people voted no. ***** all you want about his attitude...Moss makes a difference in games. He's the kind of guy you can throw the ball somewhere in his area and he will catch it. He's an amazing player to put on the field and I would love to see him here but it will never happen.

The_Philster
01-10-2005, 05:11 AM
We dont need another headcase on this team. :rolleyes:
Right on :up:

He's a jive assed punk. No thank you.
Couldn't have said it any better

No f**** way. Let him run over meter maids and make a mockery of the game somewhere else.
:faint: we're in agreement

I can't believe so many people voted no. ***** all you want about his attitude...Moss makes a difference in games. He's the kind of guy you can throw the ball somewhere in his area and he will catch it. When he feels like playing, yeah...put his height on Lee Evans and you've got maybe the best WR on the planet...Evans is gonna be one of the great ones, I think.

German
01-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Him and TO - never

ryjam282
01-10-2005, 08:02 AM
Honestly, I would take him. Surem, he is a distraction at times but he sure as hell can take over a game and would make this team literally about 5-6 times better.

OpIv37
01-10-2005, 08:32 AM
If I had to choose, I'd take TO over Moss cuz at least TO shows up every week. But I really don't want either of them on the Bills. Their talent isn't worth their price tag or their antics. It's too much of a distraction and takes away from what the team is trying to accomplish.

Are they better than Moulds? Of course, I'm not denying that. Are they better than Evans? Time will tell on that one, but at this point I'd have to say yes. But I just think it's hard to win when you have that kind of distraction to deal with.

And Moss has made things even harder on himself with that off-field garbage. That never helps a player or a team.

DraftBoy
01-10-2005, 08:38 AM
In a milisecond, all of you seem to forget how good Moss was under Green his first 2 years. Amazing player amazing citizen. Green gets canned the new coach has no control. Moss needs a change of venue and I see an improvement. Im glad to see so many fans would rather stick with our non-playoff team then bring in arguably the best WR in the game (granted I think he's #3).

Ebenezer
01-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Pass.

the REAL Rudeman
01-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Marquee players usually have attitudes (M. Harrison being the exception). You have to put up with it or get left behind. You just hope the guy matures while you have him.

TedMock
01-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Right now, no. He's a classless punk. If he grows up, realizes his talent, works hard on every play, and becomes a team player, then YES, in a heartbeat. I see some people defending him because they're "winning." Weren't they 8-8 in a very weak conference? I'm not impressed. Mark Schlereth had some good points this morning. He said Moss probably won Minnesota 2 or 3 games this year, but he also probably lost them 5 or 6. The main reason is that he's the ultimate "me player," and most likely divides the locker room on a regular basis. He went on to say that no matter how hard you try, it's really difficult to stay on track when your biggest star is constantly acting like a jerk and pissing the rest of the team off regularly. Moss is by far the most talented WR in the league. He may be the most talented WR of all time. Right now, that talent puts him at #3 in the NFL. Why isn't he #1? Don't blame the coach, the QB, the line, etc. Blame the fact that he's more concerned with himself than with the team. He's proven over, and over, and over again that he's not a team guy. Early in his career, he was greatful because he was given an opportunity after major D-1 schools turned away because of off the field problems. He had a good coach, and Chris Carter. Eventually he crapped on Carter, admitted to taking plays off, and the list continued to grow. For now, you can keep him.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-10-2005, 09:01 AM
i'd take him with all of his faults if he was going to stay healthy and remain productive. However, I have a feeling that if he became a Bill he would have a string of injuries and/or would catch the "stone hands" disease from Moulds. Have the Bills ever had good luck with a big name skill position FA?

Johnson--horrible
Bledsoe--not above average
?????????--who else?????????

REAL big name skill guys don't want to come to Buffalo.

Or we don't want to pay them....

Dozerdog
01-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Lofton off waivers comes to mind- that's about it

Then again guys who catch everything usually stay put

EDS
01-10-2005, 09:33 AM
i'd take him with all of his faults if he was going to stay healthy and remain productive. However, I have a feeling that if he became a Bill he would have a string of injuries and/or would catch the "stone hands" disease from Moulds. Have the Bills ever had good luck with a big name skill position FA?

Johnson--horrible

The Bills have never needed to sign big name free agent offensive skill position players because they draft well - i.e., Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Moulds, Price, Evans, Henry, McGahee.

Oh, and James Lofton worked out pretty well as a free agent (albeit he made a big comeback when signing with the Bills).

The Bills have signed numerous high profile defensive free agents who have no problem coming to Buffalo - i.e., Speilman, Paup, Adams, Milloy, Spikes, Fletcher, etc.

Also - remember Cornelius Bennett, he did not want to sign with Indy so the Bills traded for him.

EDS
01-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Moss is an $100 million talent with a $1 head. I would pass and spend the his large salary on two quality offensive lineman.

OpIv37
01-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Mark Schlereth had some good points this morning. He said Moss probably won Minnesota 2 or 3 games this year, but he also probably lost them 5 or 6.

That's exactly it right there. It's about WINNING football games. Guys like Moss care more about themselves than winning- they'll win the game for you as long as the play will get them on Sportscenter. But don't expect them to be the decoy or block downfield or do any of those small things that can be the difference in a close game.

the Vikings can keep their highlight reel and 8-8 record- I'll take 9-7 in the toughest division in football.

Dozerdog
01-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Minnesota, with all the talent they have had the past 5 years have done what?

1 or 2 playoff apperances? And this year's has got to have an asterik with 3 teams getting into the NFC playoffs that were a COMBINED 1 game over .500

Randy Moss over the long haul has not pushed Minnesota into the realm of success. It could be easily claimed that his distractions, selfishness, lack of team commitment, and massive salary have been a drain on the team.

BTW- he did directly cost them the Panther game with his last second interception he threw on that option play.

Michael82
01-10-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm interested with the results. 25 people picked No, while 15 picked Yes. I'm a little surprised that there is that many people who would want him on the team.

kgun12
01-10-2005, 11:00 AM
I'd take him in an instant. He's yards above Eric Moulds. He would bring the offense to a new level.

What happens when Drew has one of his bad games. You think Randy would just sit there? Hell no he would cause more problems for this team and orginization then the Johnson/Flutie mess caused us. Not if he played for free would I want him or for that matter TO!

kgun12
01-10-2005, 11:02 AM

1 or 2 playoff apperances? And this year's has got to have an asterik with 3 teams getting into the NFC playoffs that were a COMBINED 1 game over .500

Randy Moss over the long haul has not pushed Minnesota into the realm of success. It could be easily claimed that his distractions, selfishness, lack of team commitment, and massive salary have been a drain on the team.

BTW- he did directly cost them the Panther game with his last second interception he threw on that option play.

:clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap:

Michael82
01-10-2005, 11:09 AM

Great post, Dozer! I couldn't agree more. :clap:

:bf1:

kgun12
01-10-2005, 11:09 AM

Johnson--horrible

How about; TKO, S. Adams, Tasker, Lofton, K. Davis, C. Bennett, and I'm sure there is more?

Every team has good pick ups and bad ones, and if you care to check most don't work out for the recieving team. Just cause a player was good in one system doesn't mean they are good for another. Perfect example is P. Price. However we have had our share of good pick out and some bad ones, every teams does.

kgun12
01-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Great post, Dozer! I couldn't agree more. :clap:

:bf1:

We agee again mikey, this is scary, but your right! This was a great post by Dozer!

Earthquake Enyart
01-10-2005, 11:13 AM

If he had Mikey's drive and ambition, he might be working days in the supermarket instead of midnights.

OpIv37
01-10-2005, 11:18 AM
How about; TKO, S. Adams, Tasker, Lofton, K. Davis, C. Bennett, and I'm sure there is more?

Every team has good pick ups and bad ones, and if you care to check most don't work out for the recieving team. Just cause a player was good in one system doesn't mean they are good for another. Perfect example is P. Price. However we have had our share of good pick out and some bad ones, every teams does.

Good point, but DaBillz said "skill positions"- the only guys on your list who play skill positions are Lofton and Tasker. Not to detract from his talent or what he does on the field, but Sam Adams basically pushes people out of the way then kills the guy with the ball- it's hard to call a 350 pound monster throwing bodies around the field a "skill".

DaBills
01-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Nope. Don't want him. Yes I recognize that along with TO, they are arguably the best WRs in the game, but in reality, he will never be separated from his off and on the field antics. He just can't help himself. The dude is 30 or something like that? If he can't mature by now, yikes.

As someone said, what happens when he doesn't get the 'damn ball' like Me-shawn? It WILL affect the team as a distraction down the road. And with Henry and WM situation, the JP/Drew situation? The media would whip out the 'Bickering Bills' label faster than RJ left for his Malibu home during the off-season.

Not to mention, we supposedly have a pretty good deep threat on the team in Moulds. Why isn't he being used in that role? Moulds wouldn't take a back seat to Moss anyway.

kgun12
01-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Good point, but DaBillz said "skill positions"- the only guys on your list who play skill positions are Lofton and Tasker. Not to detract from his talent or what he does on the field, but Sam Adams basically pushes people out of the way then kills the guy with the ball- it's hard to call a 350 pound monster throwing bodies around the field a "skill".

Your right, My bad!

Saulbadguy
01-10-2005, 01:40 PM
I'd take him in a heartbeat.

DraftBoy
01-10-2005, 02:07 PM
What happens when Drew has one of his bad games. You think Randy would just sit there? Hell no he would cause more problems for this team and orginization then the Johnson/Flutie mess caused us. Not if he played for free would I want him or for that matter TO!

Somebody needs to get into his face, Moss could turn out to be a true leader like TO is. The difference is TO plays every down hard and is a leader, Moss is still immature and takes plays off.

THATHURMANATOR
01-10-2005, 02:18 PM
How could you not want him on your team? He is the best WR and maybe the best player in the league. I could care less about his celebration either I thought it was funny.

The Black Bear
01-13-2005, 02:55 AM
theblackbear would accept Randy Moss as a Buffalo Bills in a heartbeat. His "fake" moon the Packer fans celebration was brilliant. Everyone is acting like he actually pulled down his pants and showed the Cheese Head fans his ashy butt.

People should stop overreacting to what was just a player having some fun. All of this shut up and play BS makes theblackbear want to call Earl.

No one complains when Bret Favre runs around with his finger in the air. In some countries that is considered an insult.

Randy Moss is a great player with spirit. If he became a Buffalo Bills the Bills offense would be unstoppable. That's all that is important to theblackbear.

"Just win baby!"

If you help the team win you can moon whoever you want to. You earned it!

Ya dig?

:peace:

NapalmDeath
01-13-2005, 03:00 AM

He doesn't sell the run by giving up on routes that he knows are decoys, he pouts when the chips are down, he has quit on his team.

Not worth the price.

That says it all right there!

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 08:42 AM
theblackbear would accept Randy Moss as a Buffalo Bills in a heartbeat. His "fake" moon the Packer fans celebration was brilliant. Everyone is acting like he actually pulled down his pants and showed the Cheese Head fans his ashy butt.

People should stop overreacting to what was just a player having some fun. All of this shut up and play BS makes theblackbear want to call Earl.

No one complains when Bret Favre runs around with his finger in the air. In some countries that is considered an insult.

Randy Moss is a great player with spirit. If he became a Buffalo Bills the Bills offense would be unstoppable. That's all that is important to theblackbear.

"Just win baby!"

If you help the team win you can moon whoever you want to. You earned it!

Ya dig?

:peace:

AMEN BEAR

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 08:43 AM

They have had CRAP defenses.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 08:44 AM

Not worth the price.

How can he be overated if he is the best?

DaBills
01-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Everyone is acting like he actually pulled down his pants and showed the Cheese Head fans his ashy butt.

And just how does theblackbear knows it's ashy?

;-p

BuffBills333
01-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Not to be a jerk, but everyone who voted no most be moronic because how can you not someone who is clearly I think the top reciever in the NFL. This game is about winning not about manners.

DaBills
01-13-2005, 08:07 PM
This game is about winning not about manners.

On numbers alone, I would take him. But with all the extra ****, it's a distraction. It's not about manners, but if it's about distractions, then winning's gotta be made harder.

HAMMER
01-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Moss is an $100 million talent with a $1 head. I would pass and spend the his large salary on two quality offensive lineman.

Amen to that!

The_Philster
01-13-2005, 09:24 PM
On numbers alone, I would take him. But with all the extra ****, it's a distraction. It's not about manners, but if it's about distractions, then winning's gotta be made harder.:clap: excellent post...I love the numbers he puts up, but he's too much of a distraction to be a big enough help to put the team over the hump. No big surprise he started acting up more after Cris Carter left

DaBills
01-13-2005, 10:25 PM
:clap: excellent post...I love the numbers he puts up, but he's too much of a distraction to be a big enough help to put the team over the hump. No big surprise he started acting up more after Cris Carter left

Thnx. I have my moments. Sometimes. :dance:

Yeah, I think Carter was the only guy to reign him in. Seems like Tice can't do it. There was one highlight a few years ago where I recall Carter chewing out Moss on the sideline for some stunt he pulled during a game, and Moss just sat there and didn't say a word.

I'm curious to see if Moss tries something in Philly this weekend after a TD. We should have a poll as to what kind of foreign object gets thrown at him first.

I'm gonna' say 'Batteries for $200, Alex!'

:shocked:

Mr. Cynical
01-13-2005, 10:53 PM

Not worth the price.
For once I agree with you. It would be a complete waste of money and time to get Moss and in the end be detrimental to the team. With a runner like Willis, we don't need him.

Historian
01-14-2005, 07:44 AM
pass.

Michael82
01-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Thnx. I have my moments. Sometimes. :dance:

Yeah, I think Carter was the only guy to reign him in. Seems like Tice can't do it. There was one highlight a few years ago where I recall Carter chewing out Moss on the sideline for some stunt he pulled during a game, and Moss just sat there and didn't say a word.

I'm curious to see if Moss tries something in Philly this weekend after a TD. We should have a poll as to what kind of foreign object gets thrown at him first.

I'm gonna' say 'Batteries for $200, Alex!'

:shocked:
I hope they throw a battery at his ass. :snicker:

capitolneal
01-14-2005, 03:22 PM
We shold of drafted him ooh yea we traded that pick for RJ hell yea he is the best in the nfl hands down and might be the best ever look at the numbers at this time in his carreer against rice

Michael82
01-14-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm suprised how many people said yes. :eek: