PDA

View Full Version : If we don't resign jennings then who do we bring in ?

Bmax
01-10-2005, 01:58 AM
I think we should resign him...Quality left tackles are hard to come by in the nfl. Heck remember john fina ? When was last time we went to the super bowl ...When we had bookend tackles ballard and wolford....If we don't sign jonas ...we are left with resigning price or moving teague to lt ..which we won't do mcnally likes him at center.....There are some quality free agent LT available this off season. Tre thomas,Walter jones anf orlando pace...But they will likely be franchised.. If not they will cost a lot more than resigning jonas....So who else is out there A bunch of journey men who would just be a stop gap for us.

Barret brooks -current back up in pittsburgh-former eagle, giant,brown 9 year vet who can also play guard.

Marcus spears-11 year vet with texans...backup mostly. started about 18 games in career..with chiefs and bears.

Ethan brooks-raven backup who has started 2 seasons at rt for the ravens
6-6-330...can play LT- youngest of three.....

These are some of the players who we might be looking at to either start or be backups next year.

bmax

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-10-2005, 07:44 AM
I would not be at all surprised to see Ethan Brooks here. He will be (relatively) cheap and is a good player. If not him, someone of his caliber (a second tier FA). I would be happy if we re-sign Jonas, but will not feel that all is lost if we do not.

I DO NOT think we will contend for Walter Jones or Orlando Pace, etc...

ryjam282
01-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Walter Jones :up:

dannyek71
01-10-2005, 12:05 PM
If Jennings wants a large amount of $$$ Dont resign him. Get someone that will be healthy enough to play half of the season every year....

kgun12
01-10-2005, 12:30 PM
What about one of our own. M. Price? He always seems to play well when called upon.

DraftBoy
01-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Price or Brooks

buffalofan19
01-10-2005, 01:38 PM
What about one of our own. M. Price? He always seems to play well when called upon.
The problem with him is that he is also a UFA. If he wants to stay here, then it shouldn't be a problem, but if he does not for some reason, then the Bills definitely lose him also.

Earthquake Enyart
01-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Bryce Fisher, who we dumped, made Walter Jones look like a traffic cone Saturday.

ShadowHawk7
01-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Speaking of Bryce, we should see if we can sign him too, he's a UFA.

Romes
01-10-2005, 05:52 PM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I would not be suprised if we put the franchise tag on Jennings. That way either we have him for next year or we can work out a trade like the peerless price trade.

Canadian'eh!
01-10-2005, 06:39 PM
ummm.... if we could afford a walter jones or orlando pace i'd be all for it... especially jones as i believe he is a bit younger and a lot more consistent.

However... I have to believe that Jennings is going to be MUCH cheaper than either of those players, so why not just keep him if he's at all willing to stay?

if he's determined to go and we can afford one of the top dogs than sure.

otherwise, we are looking for a diamond in the rough and i don't know who that might be... i guess i'd just trust TD and Mouse.

I also can't rule out that we move one of our current players (Big Mike to RT and Teague or Smith to RT) and find a better option at G or C or both. Finding a good G and C (we need a G anyway) might be cheaper than finding 1 quality LT.