PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Recap - Kevin Shenoy

trapezeus
01-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Seattle vs. St. Louis
How exciting to watch two teams that we crushed play for a trophy that neither deserved a shot at. It was even more fun to watch with the commentators from hell known as the Sunday Night Crew. Is this not a classic example of large corporations just not getting it? How can the ABC and ESPN big wigs be so out of tune with the big three's annoying-ness? I don't get it. Congrats to the Rams for drafting ahead of us and getting closer to the superbowl than the Bills. Fockers!

Jets Vs Chargers.
This had all the makings of being a classic Jets Collapse. A friend of mine here in New York told me that Jets stands for "Just end the Season". I love it because I agree with it. You may have all heard this before, but it was worth repeating.

Herm Edwards screaming at the Running backs coach, the bone head roughing the passer, losing the coin toss. It was all lining up to be so hilarious. I was savoring at the thought of coming into work to see all the down faces. When Antonio Gates caught the touchdown I realized that I haven't rooted for a team and see them win a big game in at least 4 years over the swath of 4 major sports. The Chargers were going to redeem me. Then we saw why they are called the Buffalo Bills of the West. Wide right! There is only one team that doesn't annoy the urine right out of my body in the AFC. Let's go Colts.

Colts vs Broncos.
Yeah, Broncos really deserved to be a playoff team. I've seen cholic-y babies respond more positively than the Bronco's Defense. I know the NFL must have been cursing by the middle of the second quarter. "Where are the Bills? They might not be able to win, but the country would not be turning their tv's off by the boatload like this." It looked very much like 1990 Bills Ball.

Minn vs Pack
I wonder as a Bills Fan, if Brett Favre had that kinda season with us, if I would be anti Farve. I guess the difference is that he has had success and he always makes you feel like he can win. Plus he's been in the same town for a long time, so people have a reason to stand behind him even after a 4 INT game. Bledsoe probably gets it worse because we didn't get to see him during his glory years. That is to say if you believe he had glory years.

Anyhoo, it was painful to see another team who will be drafting ahead of us getting further with a coach who is about as stupid as Ashlee Simpson. Any guy who thinks a ratio of passes getting to one receiver is the defining point of an offense shouldn't get get access to a playstation. The game should be completely off limits to him. However, he gets brought back for another year. Go figure.

ct bills fan
01-10-2005, 10:32 AM
playoff teams do not draft ahead on non-playoff teams, despite records. The 20 teams not making the playoffs pick 1-20. The playoff teams pick depending on how they do in the playoffs and their overall record.

DaBills
01-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Minn vs Pack
I wonder as a Bills Fan, if Brett Favre had that kinda season with us, if I would be anti Farve. I guess the difference is that he has had success and he always makes you feel like he can win. Plus he's been in the same town for a long time, so people have a reason to stand behind him even after a 4 INT game. Bledsoe probably gets it worse because we didn't get to see him during his glory years. That is to say if you believe he had glory years.

I don't know. I think I'd still tend to give Favre the benefit of the doubt. Yeah, those INT's will kill you as we've seen with us this year. But imagine him with our D? Anyway, they already beat Minn 2x this year, maybe they thought they thought they could still come back even with the INTs?

Not a fan of playing teams twice regualr then again in the wildcard because I think the disadvantage goes to the team that won both. They may tend to suffer a let down imo.

Well, if Favre IS considering retirement, he probably should if they can't get any more help on the defensive side. GB's defense/secondary looked like ****.

trapezeus
01-10-2005, 12:20 PM
playoff teams do not draft ahead on non-playoff teams, despite records. The 20 teams not making the playoffs pick 1-20. The playoff teams pick depending on how they do in the playoffs and their overall record.
NFL.com suggests otherwise. St Louis and Minn pick 18 and 19 cause they are 8-8. i thought it was how you described it until i saw it on the NFL site. An outrage, for sure. But I guess it works better this year because its the cowboys loss. Not ours.