PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Gray

northernbillfan
01-10-2005, 11:36 AM
If Jerry Gray gets the job at Syracuse University how do you think it will affect the Bills?

He has done a great job with the teams defense and I think his shoes will be hard to fill. That said, we do have a solid unit, but will his absense affect the team?

Ebenezer
01-10-2005, 11:38 AM
If Jerry Gray gets the job at Syracuse University how do you think it will affect the Bills?

He has done a great job with the teams defense and I think his shoes will be hard to fill. That said, we do have a solid unit, but will his absense affect the team?
Good question....whether it is SU or another college or possibly the pros and whether it is now or next year...1 more good year with the D and he is going to get some serious run at a HC job...I don't have a clue who would take over but I have enough confidence in MM and TD to have already thought about it.

Michael82
01-10-2005, 12:16 PM
I want to be the first to suggest the new DC if we need one...

Tim Krumrie. :up:

OpIv37
01-10-2005, 12:19 PM
any chance at getting LeBeau back from Pitt?

Michael82
01-10-2005, 12:24 PM
any chance at getting LeBeau back from Pitt?
No.

kgun12
01-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Good question....whether it is SU or another college or possibly the pros and whether it is now or next year...1 more good year with the D and he is going to get some serious run at a HC job...I don't have a clue who would take over but I have enough confidence in MM and TD to have already thought about it.

Good post Eb, but we should think about it. I like Tim Krumrie, and maybe we look at one of the top college DC. However I'm sure the front office is got their short list together. :pray:

DraftBoy
01-10-2005, 12:36 PM
I dont know about Krumrie, what has our DL done without blitzing? Id rather bring in somebody from outside the team, nobody on the current staff impresses me enough.

kgun12
01-10-2005, 12:50 PM
I dont know about Krumrie, what has our DL done without blitzing? Id rather bring in somebody from outside the team, nobody on the current staff impresses me enough.

Good point, but is this line built for getting to the QB? Look at ou run defense.

Michael82
01-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Krumrie works with all the other players too and if you watch him on gameday...he really gets involved with the whole defense. I wouldn't mind him at DC if we lose Gray.

justasportsfan
01-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Good point, but is this line built for getting to the QB? Look at ou run defense.It's the lack of talent on the DE's that's hurting us. Our Dl got better every year that Krumrie was w/ us. I'm not sure if he's an X and O type of coach though.