X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

The QB's took naps?????

4. I think one of my favorite stories from the season, looking back, is how Sam Wyche, the quarterbacks coach in Buffalo, got his guys to relax. Sometimes, not every day, when Wyche sensed his QBs were nodding off and not paying attention, he'd pull out the airline pillows he bought for them (you know the ones that fit snugly around your neck so you can, theoretically, fall asleep sitting up practically anywhere), turn off the lights, have them turn their chairs around to see a large beach-scene picture at the back of the meeting room, and call out, "Power nap time!'' Fifteen minutes later, he'd rouse them and they'd be back to work.

From MMQB, CNNSI.com
    Resign our own guys!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
    4. I think one of my favorite stories from the season, looking back, is how Sam Wyche, the quarterbacks coach in Buffalo, got his guys to relax. Sometimes, not every day, when Wyche sensed his QBs were nodding off and not paying attention, he'd pull out the airline pillows he bought for them (you know the ones that fit snugly around your neck so you can, theoretically, fall asleep sitting up practically anywhere), turn off the lights, have them turn their chairs around to see a large beach-scene picture at the back of the meeting room, and call out, "Power nap time!'' Fifteen minutes later, he'd rouse them and they'd be back to work.

From MMQB, CNNSI.com
    looks like drew never woke up or someone gave him decaf coffee before the game.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
      • May 2004

What the hell? These guys are paid huge jack to take freakin naps?

You gotta be kiddin me! If they can't stay awake for the installation of a new offensive system or whatever....they should be ashamed.

90% of the fans slave away either at desks or on the road or in factories, etc all day every day and we don't get naps. Chug a Red Bull or something for God's sake.

No wonder are QBs are ill prepared at times. Do you think that pillow biter Brady is napping during meetings? Hell no.

This is just not right, and another shining example of why the Bills can't get to the next level.
      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
      --Leo Durocher

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Bledose hasn't woken up in 2.5 years.

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          Originally posted by BillsFever21
          Bledose hasn't woken up in 2.5 years.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
            • May 2004

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit

You gotta be kiddin me! If they can't stay awake for the installation of a new offensive system or whatever....they should be ashamed.

90% of the fans slave away either at desks or on the road or in factories, etc all day every day and we don't get naps. Chug a Red Bull or something for God's sake.

No wonder are QBs are ill prepared at times. Do you think that pillow biter Brady is napping during meetings? Hell no.

This is just not right, and another shining example of why the Bills can't get to the next level.
            OK, who is the chicken-**** who negged me for these comments? At least post a response or leave your name. Were you offended by the reference to Tommy boy's homosexuality? what?
            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

OK, who is the chicken-**** who negged me for these comments? At least post a response or leave your name. Were you offended by the reference to Tommy boy's homosexuality? what?
              Time to donate, no one can hide in rep if you'r e a donor!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                  • May 2004

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE...

I regret that I have but a meager few ZB's to give.....
                  --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Iehoshua
                    • Jan 2003

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE...

I regret that I have but a meager few ZB's to give.....
                    No no..

Donate money to the Zone, not zbs.

If you're a donor, you can see who gives you rep every time...

Comment

• Iehoshua
                      • Jan 2003

I returned your 30zbs, Shiz.

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                        • May 2003

90% of the fans slave away either at desks or on the road or in factories, etc all day every day and we don't get naps
                        Yeah right! They're all posting in this forum or attending to their fantasy leagues while they are supposed to be working. I think you are getting just a little carried away. Everyone needs a little nap time now and then. I did not give you any negative rep but I think I will now and while it is only two at a time I am going to sit here all night and do it again and again and again and...

J/K

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                          • Jul 2002

BFD. Who doesn't nap at work?

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone
                            BFD. Who doesn't nap at work?
                            We know George Costanza does. I was just watching the Seinfield where he was sleeping under his desk, has his alarm clock and everything. Funny stuff.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                              • Apr 2003

professional quarterback might be a BIT more demanding than insurance adjuster...but thats just a guess.

and no, 15 minute naps i assure you are NOT the reason we failed to get to the playoffs. we failed to get to the playoffs because the defense allowed second and third stringers to dominate them in all aspects of the game.
                              the dude abides

Comment

Working...
                              X