PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Invites Over 1000 to HOF Induction

Ebenezer
08-01-2002, 11:19 AM
It appears that Buffalo will be well represented this weekend!!

The best line:

Hall of Fame spokesman Joe Horrigan figures he knows why so many pilgrims are planning to make the trip from Buffalo. "This," he says, "is shaping up as the Super Bowl celebration Buffalo never had."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2002-07-30-kelly_x.htm

Earthquake Enyart
08-01-2002, 12:02 PM
He invited all the girls he slept with before he was married. :hump:

northernbillfan
08-01-2002, 12:57 PM
Comparing the HOF induction to a Super Bowl celebration is like comparing apples and oranges. It just ain't the same.

Jim is and always will be a class act.

Did you know when he contributed mementoes from his career, his collection was the single largest ever donated by a HOF'er?
Anther reason he is a class act.

Besides Mrs Kelly probably told him to clean out the attic and the garage, and Jimm had a pile of stuff left over.

08-01-2002, 01:26 PM
That is now the kids playroom. Something has to go so the Hall was the best place. At least he can visit it. When his bar/restaurant was open there was a museum of autographed stuff. Even Richard Pettys car hanging from the ceiling. Best Ribs I've ever had too. I remember taking a friends kids to a Kelly taping and the kids menu had Peanutbutter and Jelly. That kids eyes were as big as saucers when this huge thick PBJ on homemade bread was placed in front of him. Even then he thought of the kids that came to the restaurant.:)

JefftheBillsfan
08-01-2002, 01:32 PM
Can't wait to see him up there...Hey, how come I didn't get my invitation...must be some mistake...:eek:

northernbillfan
08-01-2002, 01:38 PM
It was lost in the mail, like mine was Jeff.

er at least I think that's what happened to mine.

JefftheBillsfan
08-01-2002, 01:47 PM
Ooooo, that makes sense...Ill just give Jimbo a call, ill inquire about you too northern...

Luvbills
08-01-2002, 08:17 PM
Gee...mine came in the mail a month ago!!!! I'll think of all of you while I am at the private party on Saturday night.

Dozerdog
08-01-2002, 08:40 PM
I think Mike got the "Fake address" invitation! LOL

BillC
08-01-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
He invited all the girls he slept with before he was married. :hump: I was really hoping he would have one one of those superbowls.. Him and me at the White House... It would have been a PARRR--TAYYY!!

08-01-2002, 10:33 PM
hey LUVBILLS take pix if you can, Especially the former Bills, Talley Tasker Thomas etc. Then we can trade shots. Enjoy it sweetie it is the Chance of a lifetime.