PDA

View Full Version : Song requests for highlight vids...

JJamezz
01-10-2005, 01:53 PM
First, I want to thank BAM for the highlight videos he put together, they kicked ass!! Thanks for stepping up & filling the need man.

I'm planning on putting together a few for last year's games between now and draft time, mainly because I have a little time and I love making them, so give me some song ideas!

I did this once or twice before, and don't take it personally if your ideas or taste in music don't get used.. These things take a while to do, and I have to like the music I'm using if I'm gonna sit there listening to it over and over for a couple hours :D

I'm looking for mostly heavier stuff I haven't heard - along the lines of what I've used in the past - but am not against using some hip-hop, as long as its good and fits the video. I used that Linkin Park/X-Ecutioners song last year, and its one of my favorites just because of the music.. So anything like that.

Thanks!

Michael82
01-10-2005, 01:55 PM
First, I want to thank BAM for the highlight videos he put together, they kicked ass!! Thanks for stepping up & filling the need man.

I'm planning on putting together a few for last year's games between now and draft time, mainly because I have a little time and I love making them, so give me some song ideas!

I did this once or twice before, and don't take it personally if your ideas or taste in music don't get used.. These things take a while to do, and I have to like the music I'm using if I'm gonna sit there listening to it over and over for a couple hours :D

I'm looking for mostly heavier stuff I haven't heard - along the lines of what I've used in the past - but am not against using some hip-hop, as long as its good and fits the video. I used that Linkin Park/X-Ecutioners song last year, and its one of my favorites just because of the music.. So anything like that.

Thanks!
WOO HOO! We get your videos too? Sweet! :dance:

How about using a little bit of country? :lol:

northernbillfan
01-10-2005, 01:57 PM

nbf :stick: Mikey

northernbillfan
01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Metallica's Creeping Death is always a good one for an intro.

I'll post more as I think of them.

JJamezz
01-10-2005, 02:02 PM
WOO HOO! We get your videos too? Sweet! :dance:

No thanks, I hear enough of that crap down here where I'm living now...

:tip:

DraftBoy
01-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Adema-The Way you like it
Usher-Yeah

JJamezz
01-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Metallica's Creeping Death is always a good one for an intro.

I'll post more as I think of them.

I wouldn't mind using some old Metallica... I edited down a version of MOP to about 4 mins or so, but I don't have it with me... :(

northernbillfan
01-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm listening to Therion's Cults of the Shadow.

It has a nice intro and a good bed with lots of changes in tempo and rythym to use for videos. Plus it's a little operatic and would work fine.

ryjam282
01-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't mind using some old Metallica... I edited down a version of MOP to about 4 mins or so, but I don't have it with me... :(

Now we're talking. Master of Puppets is a great one. Could also go with some Seek and Destroy or even One. Anything by them is just great.

JJamezz
01-10-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm listening to Therion's Cults of the Shadow.

It has a nice intro and a good bed with lots of changes in tempo and rythym to use for videos. Plus it's a little operatic and would work fine.

Wondrous World of Punt maybe?? :snicker:

Patrick76777
01-10-2005, 02:39 PM

Thanks!

Close to you! The Carpenters!

buffalofan19
01-10-2005, 03:39 PM
The Trick Daddy one "Let's Go!"

Also, "Make a move" by Lostprophets

BAM
01-10-2005, 03:45 PM
No prob man! It was fun learning how to make those videos.

A couple suggestions:

Godsmack - Bad Religion would be awesome. I was gonna use that one had we won vs. the Steelers. :mad:

BAM
01-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Chevelle - Tug Of War

Flaw - Endangered Species

Candiria - Down

Ra - Do You Call My Name

Sevendust - Black

Chevelle - The Clincher

Pillar - Echelon

:rockout:

BAM
01-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Breaking Benjamin - Blow me Away
Try some of those out see if ya like. :smoke:

The_Philster
01-10-2005, 04:00 PM
nbf :stick: Mikey

Hit him for me, too :mad:

Crisis
01-10-2005, 05:14 PM
T.I. - Bring 'Em Out

Mahdi
01-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Nirvana: Smells like teen spirit

Samshing Pumpkins: Rat in a Cage

nodnarb
01-10-2005, 07:13 PM
no, seriously...

when will the latest gem be finished, pray tell?

jpdex12
01-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Let's start using, "The Drive" in '05!

ScottLawrence
01-10-2005, 08:06 PM

Thanks!

man I love that avatar.

NapalmDeath
01-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Columind - Filter
MilkToast - Helmet
Rose of Sharyn - Killswitch Engage
Under The Sun - Soulfly (Remake of a Sabbath tune)
School - Fear Factory (Remake of a Nirvana tune)
Orgasmatron - Sepultura (Remake of a Motorhead tune, This would kick ass in one of your vids!)
Flat On The Floor - Nickelback
Speak - Sevendust
The Small Hours - Metallica
Crash Course In Brain Surgery - Metallica

The song "Diesel Power" from Prodigy would be a cool rap type song.
As would "By The Time I Get To Arizona" from Public Enemy

BAM
01-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Columind - Filter
Rose of Sharyn - Killswitch Engage
Speak - Sevendust

:10: :rockout:

NapalmDeath
01-10-2005, 09:12 PM
No doubt Bam!

:xtreme:

Finally I met someone that likes Columind. Filter is kick ass.
Killswitch Engage is awesome. And Sevendust needs no introduction.

Rock on dude!

BAM
01-10-2005, 09:31 PM
I contemplated using Killswitch Engage's - Last Serenade song for one of the videos...

also Filter's Welcome to the Fold would be a good one.

Drive 4 Five
01-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Now we're talking. Master of Puppets is a great one. Could also go with some Seek and Destroy or even One. Anything by them is just great.

Hell yeah. I was just jammin' Master on my IPOD (greatest invention ever devised by man by the way) and I was thinking more along the lines of DAMAGE INC.

Oh and before I forget. Please kindly remove that ghastly woman before I get ill. Thanks bro. She is almost as bad as that lady from Sex & The City, the one that looks like a walking corpse. I will not utter her name here.

Voltron
01-10-2005, 10:20 PM
I would like to point out that real Metallica fans know that they sold out from the Black album on :sad:

Those damn money hungry :madcurse:

I have always been partial to some nice Punk Rock

How about showing some of the Miami game while playing NOFX "Dinosaurs Will Die"

:punk:

NapalmDeath
01-11-2005, 12:15 AM
I contemplated using Killswitch Engage's - Last Serenade song for one of the videos...

also Filter's Welcome to the Fold would be a good one.

Life To Lifeless is a pretty brutal tune.

I seen Killswitch open for Slayer. I have been a fan since.

This is Now from Hatebreed is another tune that would rock in your vids.

ArcticWildMan
01-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Columind - Filter

The Small Hours - Metallica
Crash Course In Brain Surgery - Metallica

ArcticWildMan
01-11-2005, 12:52 AM
Drowning Pool- Bodies
Drowning Pool- Sinner
Drowning Pool- Tear away

gimpy
01-11-2005, 01:22 AM
Disturbed- The Game
Damageplan- Save Me
Pantera- Walk
Black Label Society- 1 Million Miles
Sevendust- *****
Manson- This is the new s***
Mushroomhead- Crazy
Saliva- Survival of the sickest
Velvet Revolver- Set me free
Audioslave- Set it off

NapalmDeath
01-11-2005, 01:30 AM
Sevendust- *****
Mushroomhead- Crazy

:xtreme:

Mushroomhead rocks. I love their version of "Empty Spaces"

ryjam282
01-11-2005, 06:55 AM
Hell yeah. I was just jammin' Master on my IPOD (greatest invention ever devised by man by the way) and I was thinking more along the lines of DAMAGE INC.

Oh and before I forget. Please kindly remove that ghastly woman before I get ill. Thanks bro. She is almost as bad as that lady from Sex & The City, the one that looks like a walking corpse. I will not utter her name here.

Damage is a good one...How bout Harvestor of Sorrow or Sanatarium.....As far as Gwen goes, UGLY? You must be on the rock. She is unreal. I think I will leave it up. :star:

I would like to point out that real Metallica fans know that they sold out from the Black album on :sad:

Those damn money hungry :madcurse:

Real Metallica fans would follow there fav band no matter what. Hell look at Korn and Limp, talk about selling out. To this day, no one puts on a better live show then James, Lars, Kirk, and Rob (Jason). They are the best. We all know it.

nolimit
01-11-2005, 07:29 AM
limp bizkit : rollin
trick daddy : Lets go
usher: yeah

Michael82
01-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Hit him for me, too :mad:
You aren't man enough to do it yourself? :snicker:

JJamezz
01-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Good stuff fellas...

A couple of those I've used already - Rollin, Do You Call My Name, and a few that BAM mentioned are on my list.. Not sure why I never used Bodies AWM.

I'll definitely work some Metallica into one of them.. I like that Filter song too. I'm gonna check out the ones I haven't heard & the ones I've heard but don't recognize by the name..

But keep em coming, there's always next years vids too!

THATHURMANATOR
01-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Unbillievable!!!! uh uh uh uh uh owwaaah!

THATHURMANATOR
01-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Anerysam-Nirvana
R U ready- Korn

justasportsfan
01-11-2005, 09:39 AM
I like Bodies because the D was the best I've seen in years.

Devin
01-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Sevendust - Black
Sevendust - Denial
Atreyu - Shot through the heart
Skindred - Nobody
Ill Nino - Unreal
Ill Nino - How can I live
Dry Kill Logic - Asfault

Mother F'N rock on.

A few of my fav Metallica quotes via bash.org

[SRG] Metallica sold out in 45 mins :/
[NotOneOfUs] Yeah I know.
[NotOneOfUs] Oh wait
[NotOneOfUs] You mean, like, a concert?
[SRG] yes

[skunko] dammit
[skunko] how do you get past the metallica ban on napster
[AlmtyBob] not liking crap music is a start

* Elysian changes topic to 'Metallica is the best thing to happen to pop since Micheal Jackson'

northernbillfan
01-11-2005, 10:28 AM
LMAO @ the quotes Devin.

Damage Inc would be an awesome choice.

Devin
01-11-2005, 01:19 PM
:)

Never been a big fan of metallica myself. Little to "soft" .

Voltron
01-11-2005, 02:22 PM
I lost most of my respect for them when they started to cry about Napster.

NAPSTER BAD (http://www.campchaos.com/show.php?iID=232) Any one remeber this??? :D

The_Philster
01-11-2005, 03:54 PM
You aren't man enough to do it yourself? :snicker:

You don't want me to do it...:nbf: has to hit you in virtual space...I can hit you in person :snicker:

capitolneal
01-11-2005, 04:16 PM
ice t - body count
onyx and bio hazard- best of both worlds

capitolneal
01-11-2005, 04:16 PM
LMAO @ the quotes Devin.

Damage Inc would be an awesome choice.
God bless Dimebag

nolimit
01-11-2005, 06:11 PM
jjamez check theses out

Quarashi: stick em up

Quarashi: weirdo

Quarashi: Bless

Devin
01-11-2005, 06:30 PM
God bless Dimebag

Wasnt Damageplan DBags band?

NapalmDeath
01-13-2005, 02:31 AM
Wasnt Damageplan DBags band?

Yes it was

Domination from Pantera would be another cool tune for a vid.

ryjam282
01-13-2005, 06:47 AM
I lost most of my respect for them when they started to cry about Napster.

NAPSTER BAD (http://www.campchaos.com/show.php?iID=232) Any one remeber this??? :D

Why does everyone say that? You do know that they weren't the only people on that lawsuit don't you? How about Dr. Dre, Aerosmith, Marilyn Manson, Everclear, Ja Rule, and about 20 other big names. Metallica were the ones that got it started that's all. They didn't cry about the music being available, they cried about it being available before they even released the songs themselves. If you bought the St. Anger CD it has a link and code to get into a Metallica Vault that gives you about 20 live concerts to download and they constantly update it too. I think they have earned the right to voice there opinons on this sort of thing since they are one of the only bands that actually keeps the rights to there music. They don't give the rights to the labels like 95% of the other bands that sign and make albums.

They aren't the biggest selling rock band of all time for no reason, they ROCK :bow:. In case you weren't sure, send me an email or something and I will send you some live stuff....

The King
01-13-2005, 07:00 AM
Nirvana: Smells like teen spirit

Samshing Pumpkins: Rat in a Cage

The song is called Bullet with Butterfly wings :up:

For the steelers game you could always use
"again- alice in chains'
Drain You-Nirvana
Fall to Pieces-Velvet Revolver

Other songs
Train Kept A Rollin'-Aerosmith
Song 2-Blur
Sex Type Thing-STP
Slither- Velvet Revolver
Ac/Dc.......... any song.

BAM
01-13-2005, 07:05 AM
Good stuff, MBB. :up: :up:

Voltron
01-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Why does everyone say that? You do know that they weren't the only people on that lawsuit don't you? How about Dr. Dre, Aerosmith, Marilyn Manson, Everclear, Ja Rule, and about 20 other big names. Metallica were the ones that got it started that's all. They didn't cry about the music being available, they cried about it being available before they even released the songs themselves. If you bought the St. Anger CD it has a link and code to get into a Metallica Vault that gives you about 20 live concerts to download and they constantly update it too. I think they have earned the right to voice there opinons on this sort of thing since they are one of the only bands that actually keeps the rights to there music. They don't give the rights to the labels like 95% of the other bands that sign and make albums.

They aren't the biggest selling rock band of all time for no reason, they ROCK :bow:. In case you weren't sure, send me an email or something and I will send you some live stuff....
Did you watch the Napster bad thing? :lol: I love how they portray James "BEER GOOD!" "FIRE BAD! FIRE BAD!"

:roflmao:

Voltron
01-13-2005, 01:27 PM
How about:

Jet - Are you gonna be my girl

That is a catchy song and it would be intresting to use the cadence for cuts and sweeps

Gunzlingr
01-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Adema-The Way you like it
Usher-Yeah
Usher??? I should beat your ass for that one!

Gunzlingr
01-13-2005, 01:33 PM

Metallica = Ultimate Sellouts

Anybody see that Charlie Rose (I think) debate between Hetfield and Chuck D? Chuck D took his ass to school regarding downloads. I refuse to buy another (and I was a fan before this) Metallica album, or merchandise.

Devin
01-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Ive never cared for em, nothing to do with thier personalities (that just helps) I just dont care for their style of music. A little to "tamponish" for me.

Voltron
01-13-2005, 02:40 PM
Metallica = Ultimate Sellouts

Anybody see that Charlie Rose (I think) debate between Hetfield and Chuck D? Chuck D took his ass to school regarding downloads. I refuse to buy another (and I was a fan before this) Metallica album, or merchandise.
I am one of those that if I like the album I will go buy it. If I only want 1 or 2 songs from that album because the Record Company made them put 6 to 12 other crap songs on it I will download the 1 or 2 songs. If they want me to pay $20 for a CD then it best have more than 2 good songs on it out of 12 to 20 songs :idunno:

Since the Black Album, Metallica has done just that. Put out album after album with one or 2 songs specifically for radio play and the rest just suck .... If that is the product they want to try and make me buy then they will have to deal with me "stealing" the 2 good songs off the album because I will be damned if I am going to pay $20 for 2 songs when I can get it off the internet for free.

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 02:53 PM
How about using a little bit of country? :lol: Songs about wives cheating on them ,hitting booze and then wanting to commit suicide or killing them or beating the crap out of them does not belong to a football board.

Actually it does if you're doing an OJ or Randy Mcmichael video .

buffalofan19
01-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Songs about wives cheating on them ,hitting booze and then wanting to commit suicide or killing them or beating the crap out of them does not belong to a football board.

Actually it does if you're doing an OJ or Randy Mcmichael video .
:rofl:

gimpy
01-13-2005, 11:57 PM
A few more tunes a little less well known:

Damaged- Queensryche
Safe Home- Anthrax
Synthetic- Spineshank
Goodbye Lament- Tony Iommi
Set it off- Audioslave
Last cup of sorrow- Faith No More
Leave it Alone- Living Colour
Come back- Foo Fighters

Michael82
01-13-2005, 11:59 PM
You don't want me to do it...:nbf: has to hit you in virtual space...I can hit you in person :snicker:
:bringit:

Tatonka
01-17-2005, 01:02 AM
long live the king - for squirrels
superstar - for squirrels

Tatonka
01-17-2005, 01:06 AM
aenima - tool

ryjam282
01-17-2005, 06:59 AM
Stinkfist - Tool

ryjam282
01-17-2005, 07:00 AM
Actually, Sober by Tool would be a good one for the Steeler game since some of the players were playing like they were drunk.

Voltron
01-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Actually, Sober by Tool would be a good one for the Steeler game since some of the players were playing like they were drunk.
I would hope he would not make a highlight video of that. It would be pretty short if he did :shakeno: