PDA

View Full Version : Tony Dungy explains the Randy Moss celebration

Billz_fan
01-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Sorry for the separtate Moss thread when there are already 2 but They are so long I figured the post would get lost.

So Tony Dungy was just on ESPN. He said I understand what Moss was doing and he had no problem with it. He could see how some would take it as offensive though.

Here is the deal. He said Green Bay is known for having great fans and they are. Except they do one thing when they beat you in Green Bay.

When all the visiting teams players board there bus to leave the stadium all the fans wait there and moon the bus.

I seen it 7 different times myself said Dungy and Im sure Randy has seen it a more than a couple times and was giving them a little payback.

The leauge is expected to rule soon on what kind of fine etc. to give Moss for the incident.

Earthquake Enyart
01-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Well, at least it makes more sense now.

But if he humps the goal post in Philly next week, I won't believe you.

Billz_fan
01-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Ok, it's a deal :laughter:

eyedog
01-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Then Dungy's an idiot too. I thought he had a little more class than that.

Just because some morons in Green Bay moon a bus full of players that makes it alright for Moss to act stupid ?

Pride
01-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Personally, this did not bother me... and with the further explaination.... it is even funnier!

NJFINSFAN1
01-10-2005, 03:30 PM
I guess he likes Randy better then TO!

Or he likes seeing randy shake that booty and did not like seeing N. Sheridan almost naked????

Mr. Cynical
01-10-2005, 03:54 PM
I think Dungy is just trying to keep the fire from getting out of control for the league's sake. As eyedog said, I could care less what the fans do. Moss is a professional football player (paid indirectly by you and me) and is held to a different standard than some bunch of drunk cheeseheads.

DaBills
01-10-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm split on the celebration thing. I still wouldn't have him on this current Bills team, as eventually these antics will cause distractions. But his walking off the field early the week before was more offensive to me.

Golic on ESPN this morning had an interesting take. He said "while this is a bad display, you don't see the other times he gave a TD ball to a kid in a wheelchair."
And Sal Palintonio (sp) was on and said that in the locker room after the game and on-field interview, Moss said he loves doing this stuff and won't change. (By stuff, meaning the hoopla every time he pulls a stunt.)

Note to Moss: Good luck mooning Philly fans this week. They'll have more than cheese and dropped jaws to throw your way.

:clap:

buffalofan19
01-10-2005, 04:11 PM
It neither bothers nor surprises me. First of all, it's Randy Moss, what do you expect? Second of all, it's a pretty bitter rivalry, it goes with the territory. The bus thing makes it even more understandable. If he wants to make an idiot out of himself, fine, I'm not offended by it in the least.

RedEyE
01-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Dungy is always butting in when he's not even invited.

Typ0
01-10-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't think Moss is a distraction for his teammates like everyone is saying. They know who Moss is. I'm sure they just ignore him at this point...but they love it when he's scoring TDs.

Drive 4 Five
01-10-2005, 09:24 PM
I really think that people are making a big deal over nothing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but you got people like Michael Irvin saying that he would not want a guy like Moss on his team. Are you stupid? WTF? This is the same Irvin who was busted with prostitutes and drugs in a hotel room judging and ripping a guy who is just trying to have a little fun. Jake Plummer did not even get this much **** and he flipped off his own fans. Oh and what about the incident in Dallas a few years back when Owens scored and then ran out to center-field not once but twice and stood on the Dallas star. How is that any worse?

NapalmDeath
01-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Dungy is always butting in when he's not even invited.

Yes he does.

I thought it was amusing, but if that would have happened in Buffalo, I would feel different.

IMO this is no different that Brian Cox coming out of the tunnel flicking off the Bills fans. Sad thing is, that payback is a *****, and next year if GB kicks the feces out of Minnesota, and someone does something similar, how much you wanna bet that Mr. Moss, will walk off the field before the game is over?

Unique celebration in the heat of the battle, but reprocussions will happen, than lets see what happens.

BAM
01-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Personally, this did not bother me... and with the further explaination.... it is even funnier!

:hi5:

I hear ya

DaBills
01-11-2005, 10:43 AM
I really think that people are making a big deal over nothing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but you got people like Michael Irvin saying that he would not want a guy like Moss on his team. Are you stupid? WTF? This is the same Irvin who was busted with prostitutes and drugs in a hotel room judging and ripping a guy who is just trying to have a little fun. Jake Plummer did not even get this much **** and he flipped off his own fans. Oh and what about the incident in Dallas a few years back when Owens scored and then ran out to center-field not once but twice and stood on the Dallas star. How is that any worse?

I hear ya but Irvin and Plummer weren't doing stupid **** in what seemed like every other week and making the paper for it. And Irvin backed it up on the field. Never heard him say he gives up on plays or gives the finger to fans.

But Moss hitting a meter maid, taking plays off, walking off the field (which almost every player I've heard in the media after said they had a problem with), then saying you don't know if your coach is the right coach for the team or not. WTF is that?

it's just one more thing in his list of ****. Like I said, I don't mind the celebration; it's no wrose than the slit throat gesture by the late Derrick Thomas in KC or Gastinaues' sack dance. It's the other stuff you get with Moss besides the stats.

if I had a choice, I'll take TO and his celebrations over Moss any day.

Valerie
01-11-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm so annoyed I missed this whole thing. I don't understand what the big deal is anyway. I didn't find anything offensive about the TO and Nicolette commercial. I think it's hysterical that TO whipped out a Sharpie pen and signed the ball. I don't think the celebrations after a touchdown are bad at all. Geez, football is supposed to be fun too. People get so worked up about the stupidest things, IMHO, it takes all the fun away from everything! If Randy Moss wants to do stupid things in the end zone after a touchdown, LET HIM! It's amusing to watch.

mybills
01-11-2005, 11:39 AM
If somebody jumped off a bridge, would Randy jump too? :coocoo:

Billsouth
01-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Well, at least it makes more sense now.

But if he humps the goal post in Philly next week, I won't believe you.

would it be fineable if moss gets humped by the eagles mascot?

SABURZFAN
01-11-2005, 12:27 PM
the drunken Cheeseheads got what they deserve.

The_Philster
01-11-2005, 03:26 PM
If somebody jumped off a bridge, would Randy jump too? :coocoo:

Maybe someone should try it :snicker:

Uncle Jesse
01-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Moss is a professional football player (paid indirectly by you and me) and is held to a different standard than some bunch of drunk cheeseheads.
Nobody says anyone has to go or watch any NFL games or buy any NFL merchandise. So you dont have to pay for anything.

BillsFanInMass
01-11-2005, 06:43 PM
I loved the celebration i have packer fan i work with and he is the first to call when the Bills lose. I told him Randy was gonna crap on his team and him wiping his arse on the goal post after he was done is priceless to me. :clap:

Bill Brasky
01-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Then Dungy's an idiot too. I thought he had a little more class than that.

Just because some morons in Green Bay moon a bus full of players that makes it alright for Moss to act stupid ?

Yes, it does. Dungy isn't an idiot. Negged.

eyedog
01-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Actually Dungy should just keep his mouth shut, stop covering Moss' ass, and worry about winning a BIG play-off game. Because that is something he hasn't been able to do yet isn't it ?

Billz_fan
01-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Between this and the "best CB" thread eyedog certainly seems to be a grouchy SOB :laughter:

Valerie
01-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Sorry to drag this up again, but I was finally able to see the end zone dance. I can't believe people are so upset about it. It lasted a whole of five seconds and it wasn't a big deal at all! Damn, if I blinked I would've missed it! People really need to lighten the freak up and relax a little!

I guess he was fined $10,000 for his dance.:rolleyes:

Dozerdog
01-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Dungy should STFU

He stuck his nose in the Terrell Owens / Nicolette Sheridan promo calling it "Racailly Stereotypical" yet thinks Moss acting like a dickhead on the field (because it's Green Bay) is "funny".

Be consistent. Either demand professionalism from the NFL or don't.

Valerie
01-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Dungy should STFU

He stuck his nose in the Terrell Owens / Nicolette Sheridan promo calling it "Racailly Stereotypical" yet thinks Moss acting like a dickhead on the field (because it's Green Bay) is "funny".

Be consistent. Either demand professionalism from the NFL or don't.
I didn't find anything wrong with that promo either. People really need to lighten up! I wish people would stope taking all the fun out of life!