PDA

View Full Version : Draft Proposal Central

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 05:03 PM
I'll go first.

Drew Bledsoe, Travis Henry, and Josh Reed to Arizona for Bryant Johnson (decent 3rd receiver, 500 yds, 49 catches, young), and Arizona's number one pick?

Dennis Green gets a solid runner, a serviceable veteran quarterback, and a receiver.

We get a good 3rd receiver, get RID of Drew (for all you Drew fans...), get rid of Henry, and get a #1 pick back again.

Jon

Jersey1031
01-10-2005, 05:04 PM
that would never, ever happen

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Bledsoe to Arizona for a case of Tampax?

Jon

FTG
01-10-2005, 05:10 PM
I'll go first.

Drew Bledsoe, Travis Henry, and Josh Reed to Arizona for Bryant Johnson (decent 3rd receiver, 500 yds, 49 catches, young), and Arizona's number one pick?

Dennis Green gets a solid runner, a serviceable veteran quarterback, and a receiver.

We get a good 3rd receiver, get RID of Drew (for all you Drew fans...), get rid of Henry, and get a #1 pick back again.

Jon

Nice dream

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 05:11 PM
What are your ideas? Or anybody else's?

Jon

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 05:18 PM
J.P. Losman, Travis Henry, Buffalo's #2, and #3 this year to San Francisco for the #1 overall pick (Matt Leinart?).

And since Drew is so invaluable and un-tradeable, he's cut outright.

Jon

FTG
01-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Trade Henry for a 3rd rounder. ( I can't see us getting more)

I would not trade anyone else.

Drew and Reed are untradeable imo. No team would want them. Maybe a 5th for Reed if we were lucky.

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Yeah, Reed's pretty worthless. I was just putting him in there to add another pulse and not much else.

We could trade for a heart donor for Drew and see if that makes a difference this coming season...

Jon

FTG
01-10-2005, 05:22 PM
J.P. Losman, Travis Henry, Buffalo's #2, and #3 this year to San Francisco for the #1 overall pick (Matt Leinart?).

And since Drew is so invaluable and un-tradeable, he's cut outright.

Jon

Cutting Drew sounds great.

One of the reasons TD traded up for JP was because he liked him more than any QB in this years draft.

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Losman better than Leinart? To each their own I guess. I'd love it if it was the case...

Jon

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 05:28 PM
"One of the reasons TD traded up for JP was because he liked him more than any QB in this years draft."

Does anybody really believe that Tom Donahoe thinks (or anyone else thinks for that matter?) that J.P. Losman is better than: Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Leinart, Philip Rivers, AND Eli Manning? Maybe one or two of them if we are in an ossified stupor...

Jon

FTG
01-10-2005, 05:29 PM
It would be nice if we could get back into the first round but we don't have anything to trade other than Henry and TD held onto him a year to long. Now his value sucks when it was at an all time high last offseason

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Hard to argue, but I think there's some RB-starved team (like Miami -- they're stupid and trade everything) or Arizona, or whomever that might go for him and give us something nice in return.

Jon

FTG
01-10-2005, 05:32 PM
"One of the reasons TD traded up for JP was because he liked him more than any QB in this years draft."

Does anybody really believe that Tom Donahoe thinks (or anyone else thinks for that matter?) that J.P. Losman is better than: Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Leinart, Philip Rivers, AND Eli Manning? Maybe one or two of them if we are in an ossified stupor...

Jon

He did not say he liked JP better than Ben, Eli and Rivers. He said he liked them more than any QB's in THIS years draft. I don't know what makes Leinart any better than JP. Leinart was surrounded by awesome talent at USC.

FTG
01-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Hard to argue, but I think there's some RB-starved team (like Miami -- they're stupid and trade everything) or Arizona, or whomever that might go for him and give us something nice in return.

Jon

problem is this is a deep RB draft.

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Leinart is being ballyhooed out here in L.A. (and I'm a Bruins fan) as the greatest quarterback in recent college football history. Two national championships in two seasons, 1 loss total, and the Heisman. They're practically a lock to win it next year if he comes back.

Losman couldn't start at UCLA with "awesome talent" of their own. Sure, it was a long time ago, but still, if he's better than the best...

I could make an argument (a good one too) that Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Walter are better prospects than Losman...

Jon

FTG
01-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Leinart is being ballyhooed out here in L.A. (and I'm a Bruins fan) as the greatest quarterback in recent college football history. Two national championships in two seasons, 1 loss total, and the Heisman. They're practically a lock to win it next year if he comes back.

Losman couldn't start at UCLA with "awesome talent" of their own. Sure, it was a long time ago, but still, if he's better than the best...

I could make an argument (a good one too) that Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Walter are better prospects than Losman...

Jon

I'm not arguing with you. I'm telling you what TD said when he traded up for Losman.

Crisis
01-10-2005, 05:45 PM
I'll go first.

Jon

We can throw in a few magic beans and add Larry Fitzgerald and Anquain Boldin as toss-ins.

mypoorfriendme
01-10-2005, 05:46 PM

Jon

lets not forget donahoe makes 7 figures a year making trades like the losman one. ill take his opinion over anyone elses, including mine, any day of the year.

let me rephrase, im going to stick with donahoe on this one (although im not behind him about many other things)

mypoorfriendme
01-10-2005, 05:46 PM
and as far as trade proposals, henry and our second rounder for arizonas second and third

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Donahoe makes seven figures for making trades and shouldn't be doubted, eh? Two words:

DREW BLEDSOE!

Amigos, attack!

He's made some other spectacular acquisitions too. Jason Gildon, Oliver Gibson, Keith McKenzie, Chidi Ahanatu, Marcus Jones, Dave Moore, Sam Gash, Rian Lindell (he's better than Hollis -- much stronger leg!), Bobby Shaw, Charles Johnson, James Jett, etc.

Nah, you're right. Losman is a lock to be a superstar given that track record...

Jon

Mahdi
01-10-2005, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=Mudflap1]Donahoe makes seven figures for making trades and shouldn't be doubted, eh? Two words:

DREW BLEDSOE!

Amigos, attack!

He's made some other spectacular acquisitions too. Jason Gildon, Oliver Gibson, Keith McKenzie, Chidi Ahanatu, Marcus Jones, Dave Moore, Sam Gash, Rian Lindell (he's better than Hollis -- much stronger leg!), Bobby Shaw, Charles Johnson, James Jett, etc.

Nah, you're right. Losman is a lock to be a superstar given that track record...

Most of those players were only brought in for depth. They were never meant to be solid contributors. Bobby Shaw played well for us last year and Sam Gash played his role fine as a FB. I dont consider those bad acquisitions. JMO

DB. Not going to go there.

The_Philster
01-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Jason Gildon-cheap veteran pickup...hoped he'd be what he once was...he wasn't
Oliver Gibson-ditto
Keith McKenzie-ditto
Chidi Ahanatu-ditto
Marcus Jones-ditto
Dave Moore-not spectacular, but a good player...good enough that Tampa pounced as soon as we waived him in order to re-sign him to a smaller deal
Sam Gash-underutilized in Gilbride's offense
Rian Lindell-really can't defend this one :idunno:
Bobby Shaw-he was our best WR when Moulds went down for a few games...what is there to complain about here? :huh:
Charles Johnson-nothing spectacular...figured his familiarity with the offense and with Drew would make him a solid addition :idunno:
James Jett-brought into training camp to see if his speed would help the team but his hands have yet to improve...never made final roster

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Drew Bledsoe.

Gregg Williams.

Kevin Gilbride.

Not stellar by Mr. Donahoe. Where's the playoffs? It's been 4 years since he's been here. He promised them in 3 years.

Jon

SoCalBillsFan
01-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Losman better than Leinart? To each their own I guess. I'd love it if it was the case...

Jon

Honestly, speaking as someone who has watched every play of leinart's career, I am not sold on him as an NFL player. He has questionable arm strength and isn't very mobile. He does make very good decisions. I think he is a gamble. He may turn out to be a Tom Brady type, but he may also flop. I love the guy, but I wouldn't take him number 1 overall.

(and I'm a Bruins fan)

sorry to hear that! :peace:

:jk:

RedEyE
01-10-2005, 07:13 PM
This whole thread makes me cringe.

Drew isn't going anywhere. He may spend the rest of his days on the Bilss bench, but he is not going anywhere - Deal with it.

We don't even know what Losman can do yet, and people are wanting to trade him off. Won't happen.

Reed will compete in camp next year. He knows the offense and the coaching staff and will get another chance to prove himself in training camp. If not, he'll be let go, not traded. He isn't worth dick.

That leaves only one of two feesible trade possibilities, Henry and Moulds.

Moulds recently stated that he wants to stay in Buffalo and is willing to negotiate his contract. I say if the right #'s or price hits either TD's desk or makes it's way to EMO's agent, he's gone.

That leaves Henry.....Right now I'd say he's worth about a 3rd round pick this year.

jpdex12
01-10-2005, 07:27 PM

JonNo way will we trade Henry to Miami! Do you want that revenge factor twice a year from Henry?

jpdex12
01-10-2005, 07:38 PM
This whole thread makes me cringe.

Drew isn't going anywhere. He may spend the rest of his days on the Bilss bench, but he is not going anywhere - Deal with it.

We don't even know what Losman can do yet, and people are wanting to trade him off. Won't happen.

Reed will compete in camp next year. He knows the offense and the coaching staff and will get another chance to prove himself in training camp. If not, he'll be let go, not traded. He isn't worth dick.

That leaves only one of two feesible trade possibilities, Henry and Moulds.

Moulds recently stated that he wants to stay in Buffalo and is willing to negotiate his contract. I say if the right #'s or price hits either TD's desk or makes it's way to EMO's agent, he's gone.

That leaves Henry.....Right now I'd say he's worth about a 3rd round pick this year.I cannot see us giving up EMO if he is going to restructure his contract. That would break up our one-two WR combo we have right now. DB restructured his contract and you didn;t see TD turn around and give him away. Our best bet is to keep what we have and undoubtedly Henry will be traded for nothing higher than a third round pick. We will p/u a LT in FA and use the third pick on a draft pick LT for McNally to groom. Jennings is gone and we will resign Big Pat. We will also p/u a beefy second string RB in FA to spell Willis. JP will cahllenge for the QB spot and win out before game one!
Out

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm not saying any of this will happen either. Lord knows, there's zero chance anything like this will happen (maybe Henry going, that's likely).

I'm a Leinart believer. Palmer is looking like a pretty good player, and he was highly touted. Leinart makes Palmer look like a piker when you compare their college careers...

Jon

Typ0
01-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Drew Bledsoe.

Gregg Williams.

Kevin Gilbride.

Not stellar by Mr. Donahoe. Where's the playoffs? It's been 4 years since he's been here. He promised them in 3 years.

Jon

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050107/1059291.asp

that was a pretty good read if you haven't seen it.

dannyek71
01-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Drew Bledsoe.

Gregg Williams.

Kevin Gilbride.

Jon
Im by no means a TD supporter, but really, saying guys like Dave Moore should count against TD is ridiculous.....

Out of all those guys on the list its not like we gave up a high draft pick for them or signed them to huge long term deals....

Arguing that the Oliver Gibson signing should heaviliy count against TD is moronic....

Mudflap1
01-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Four years, no playoffs. If you think that's moronic, then I guess you can't be convinced...

Let's not forget his first major move in Buffalo: Choosing Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie...

Jon

clumping platelets
01-11-2005, 12:17 AM
1) RB Henry, 3rd or 4th to Team XXX for 3rd or 4th, cond 2006

Bills move up in either 3rd or 4th rd this year. Get conditional pick in 2006 based on production and possibly if he's re-signed (extended) by his new team.

2) WR Reed to Team YYY for conditional 2006 pick

That's about it

jdenning
01-11-2005, 12:50 AM
i know henrys value has gone down but i still believe that there is a team out there.... Dolphins, Falcons, Buccaneers, Raiders, Cardinals, 49ers.. those are the ones i came up with.. i know some like 49ers and falcons have some decent backs but i think Henry could help out all of those teams i mean he wasnt a 1300 + RB for no reason he was real good just Mcgahee is better but henry is still a great back i think we could get a first rounder or a 2nd rounder for henry.. or maybe even a good slot wr which we need

mypoorfriendme
01-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Jason Gildon-cheap veteran pickup...hoped he'd be what he once was...he wasn't
Oliver Gibson-ditto
Keith McKenzie-ditto
Chidi Ahanatu-ditto
Marcus Jones-ditto
Dave Moore-not spectacular, but a good player...good enough that Tampa pounced as soon as we waived him in order to re-sign him to a smaller deal
Sam Gash-underutilized in Gilbride's offense
Rian Lindell-really can't defend this one :idunno:
Bobby Shaw-he was our best WR when Moulds went down for a few games...what is there to complain about here? :huh:
Charles Johnson-nothing spectacular...figured his familiarity with the offense and with Drew would make him a solid addition :idunno:
James Jett-brought into training camp to see if his speed would help the team but his hands have yet to improve...never made final roster

youre right...but you missed a few players donahoe really choked on.

moulds over wiley
takeo spikes
lawyer milloy
sam adams
london fletcher
troy vincent
damion shelton
willis mcgahee
terrence mcgee
lee evans
brian moorman
travis henry
peerless price

just to name a few. if you could do a better job than tom donahoe, i dont think youd be posting on this board

Mudflap1
01-11-2005, 02:21 AM
Yes, Donahoe signed some good guys, particularly on defense. The point is, we're not in the playoffs after four years, and the only person I see here who is consistently blamed is Drew Bledsoe (Tom Donahoe's marquee personnel move since he's been here).

Is Drew Bledsoe the only reason this team has not gone to the playoffs in the past four years? NO ONE ELSE is at fault? Get your heads outta the sand.

Donahoe isn't paid to be right some of the time (which he has been), he's paid to be right MOST of the time. That's what separate the great GM's from the also rans.

If he was right MOST of the time there would've been no Gregg Williams era, Drew Bledsoe would not be here, we would have more playmakers, a better offensive line, and this team would be in the playoffs.

Where did I say Oliver Gibson should be 'weighed heavily' against Tom Donahoe? I mentioned him along with other guys that were brought in (some being depth guys) but did squat to help the team.

You guys get very defensive and obnoxious and try to nit pick on some very miniscule points but seem to miss the big picture. And somehow J.P. Losman is being heralded as the next Jim Kelly, John Elway, and Joe Montana all rolled into one without proving one damn thing.

The point is -- FOUR YEARS, NO PLAYOFFS. What can the Bills do to remedy that?

Jon

mypoorfriendme
01-11-2005, 02:27 AM
i agree with you for the most part mud, but at the same time, hindsite is 20-20.
i was only 13 or so when williams was hired and so i wasnt exactly aware of everything about the buffalo bills.
however, i think its safe to assume many thought gregg williams would be a succesful coach and a good fit for the bills. hell, even right now hes attractive because washingtons defense is doing so well.
as far as bledsoe goes, who wouldnt make that trade? its not his fault he couldnt predict bledsoes so-called "downfall."
as far as playmakers go, evans mcgahee mcgee spikes clements...all elite playmakers
and finally, on the offensive line, you are right. our o-line blows and i cant understand how we failed to address it earlier in last years draft.

mypoorfriendme
01-11-2005, 02:31 AM
and i hope youre not inferring its all donahoes fault were not in playoffs. this is called a team and it is IMPOSSIBLE to put the playoff drought blame on any 5 people, much less one.

bledsoes fumble? lindells missed kick? dont forget spikes, williams, schobel, adams, fletcher, milloy, clements and everyone else allowed second, third, and fourth stringers a 9 minute drive to seel the game.

donahoes mistakes? id love to hear someone argue were not in the playoffs because of the lack of talent.

im going to say that again because it bears repeating...

id love to hear someone argue were not in the playoffs because of the lack of talent.

Mudflap1
01-11-2005, 02:33 AM
mypoorfriendofmine,

Yes, you're right, and I'm not saying you're not. Gregg Williams looked like a good head coaching candidate, and Drew Bledsoe looked like a good acquisition. However, they weren't, and someone is to blame. Sure, Williams and Bledsoe themselves should take a lot of heat, but the guy that made those decisions, even though hindsight IS indeed 20/20, should also be to blame.

Yes, people make mistakes, but if you want to separate who are the great GM's from the ones that aren't, well, you don't get paid to make excuses, and you don't get paid to make those kinds of mistakes. You are supposed to be sure of "the next sure thing" because that's what those guys get paid to do. I'm not saying I envy it, it's 100% fair, or he's a bad guy or anything, but those are the facts.

No, it's not all TD's fault, but he's got a big role as team president and GM.

Tom Donahoe simply needs to make some moves this offseason to get this team over the hump, and he needs to be right many more times than he's wrong. Mike Mularkey last year was a good move in the right direction, let's see it continue.

Jon

The_Philster
01-11-2005, 05:05 AM
Four years, no playoffs. If you think that's moronic, then I guess you can't be convinced...

Let's not forget his first major move in Buffalo: Choosing Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie...

Jonkeep in mind that GW, Mike Sheppard, and Steve Kragthorpe had a major hand in that decision as well as Doug (I'll give it ...meaning the new offense...a shot, but if I don't like it, I'll do things my way) Flutie. If anyone believes it was all TD, I've got some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell them

YardRat
01-11-2005, 05:32 AM
Henry to Arizona for their #2.

Our #2, Arizona's #2, and our first-rounder in 2006 to Dallas to re-acquire the #20 pick in the draft.

Mudflap1
01-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Gregg Williams was involved with the Flutie/Johnson decision...

Ok, and who brought in that coaching staff again, hmmmmmmm???

Jon

dannyek71
01-11-2005, 11:22 AM
The point is, we're not in the playoffs after four years, and the only person I see here who is consistently blamed is Drew Bledsoe (Tom Donahoe's marquee personnel move since he's been here).

Your argument against TD is all over the place. First you pick on him for signing the likes of Oliver Gibson, then you blame him for the whole RJ Flutie thing. They are two totally different scenarios. Its like saying I hate G. W. Bush because of the war in Iraq, and because he coughed during one of his speeches, you are all over the place.

You are totally missing everyones point. Its not that TD has done a good job, but to pick on him about signing these "smaller" guys is moronic...

To pick on TD over these guys is expecting him to be utterly perfect, and name ONE gm in the last 50 years who has been perfect and has not made one small, poor choice about signing a low impact player to his team....

Mudflap1
01-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Butler and Polian made their fair share of mistakes, but they got the team good enough to get into the playoffs by making the right personnel moves and the right coach hirings.

Donahoe got fired from Pittsburgh 5 years ago. How many playoff trips and AFC Championship appearances has Pittsburgh made since them? What is their record this year compared to his lackluster last couple years in Pittsburgh?

If all he did was clunk on a few small-impact players, there would be no problem. It's what he HASN'T DONE, compiled with Drew, Gregg Williams, etc. that have been the really big mistakes.

It's going on five years here in Buffalo with Tom Donahoe. Where are the playoffs? Enough said. If you think that that is "all over the place" then you're the one that is moronic.

Jon

justasportsfan
01-11-2005, 11:49 AM
TD's biggest mistakes were GW and Drew. He tried to salvage one of his mistakes Drew ,by getting him all the help in order for him to succeed. Still wasn't enough. However on every other aspects of the team, TD has done a great job.

Ralphy shouldn't have opened his mouth by saying TD's job is secure after all , we haven't made playoffs yet in 4 years. IMO the bills are a qb away from being playoff contenders and a couple of solid OL players away from a sb.

If we don't make playoffs next year , TD should be fired.

Mudflap1
01-11-2005, 11:55 AM
I agree justasportsfan that the Bills are not far off...

Although, I think a pass-catching TE, kicker, and slot receiver need to be secured in addition, along with some better OL play, and yes, a quarterback, to take us to the top.

Hey, I'm rooting for Tom Donahoe, I hope he does all of these moves and gets the Bills in tip-top shape going into next year. By his FIFTH year, he should be able to do this, and FINALLY make this a playoff team.

Frankly, barring any catastrophic injuries to the team, if the Bills DON'T make the playoffs this year, his fifth, he should be shown the door...

Jon

Bulldog
01-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Butler and Polian made their fair share of mistakes, but they got the team good enough to get into the playoffs by making the right personnel moves and the right coach hirings.

Donahoe got fired from Pittsburgh 5 years ago. How many playoff trips and AFC Championship appearances has Pittsburgh made since them? What is their record this year compared to his lackluster last couple years in Pittsburgh?

If all he did was clunk on a few small-impact players, there would be no problem. It's what he HASN'T DONE, compiled with Drew, Gregg Williams, etc. that have been the really big mistakes.

It's going on five years here in Buffalo with Tom Donahoe. Where are the playoffs? Enough said. If you think that that is "all over the place" then you're the one that is moronic.

Jon

And Butler did a wonderful job of managing the salary cap. And being the stand up guy that he was, he bolted for San Diego when the ***** was about to hit the fan. I'm not saying TD is perfect, but he has done an OK job. His biggest mistake was hiring Gregg Williams. That move alone set the Bills back years in their rebuilding schedule. Its important to look at the whole body of work TD has done and not just concentrate on the negatives!

justasportsfan
01-11-2005, 12:02 PM
I agree justasportsfan that the Bills are not far off...

Although, I think a pass-catching TE, kicker, and slot receiver need to be secured in addition, along with some better OL play, and yes, a quarterback, to take us to the top.

Hey, I'm rooting for Tom Donahoe, I hope he does all of these moves and gets the Bills in tip-top shape going into next year. By his FIFTH year, he should be able to do this, and FINALLY make this a playoff team.

Frankly, barring any catastrophic injuries to the team, if the Bills DON'T make the playoffs this year, his fifth, he should be shown the door...

JonWe may have the catching TE's in Euhus and maybe even Campbell. Problem is, TE's have been none existent because they have to block for a statue. Same applies w/ our 3rd wr. It's easy to defend against Drew, he locks in to Moulds and then Evans and by the time he see's the 3rd wr, it's too late, he's sacked or he just dumps off to our rb.

If Drew stays and we get some stud OLinemen, that would release our TE's from blocking responsibilites. If Drew was at least decent moving in the pocket, that may have been enough to let our TE's make more plays than they have.

Mudflap1
01-11-2005, 12:03 PM
I agree he has done an OK job. I said that. I said he's been right SOME of the time. Milloy, Spikes, Adams, Fletcher, Evans, McGahee, etc. are all good moves. But all the NON-MOVES that haven't been made (OL, TE, 3rd receiver, pass-rushing DE, kicker, QB, etc.) are haunting this team, along with Drew and Gregg Williams.

Who's a better GM, Tom Donahoe or Bill Polian?

Yes, Butler screwed up the cap, but frankly, at least he gave the fans some excitement and took this team to the playoffs multiple occasions. I'm sure at the time everyone was a lot happier and more excited about the Bills then than they are now. Tom Donahoe's claim to fame was he was going to rebuild the team and the cap so the Bills were good year-to-year in the long run. No playoffs in four years? So far, the long run (and yes, in this year's NFL the long run is 3-4 years and longer) hasn't shown to be too epic for the Bills.

Once again, I hope he DOES make the moves this offseason and gets this team deep into the playoffs. He hasn't yet though.

Jon

Mudflap1
01-11-2005, 12:07 PM
I agree, I liked Euhus this year, and the TE's had to block a lot this past season, but if you listen to what Tom Donahoe said himself, the fact Campbell and Euhus had bad injuries makes it uncertain as to how well they'll recover. They really should pick up another guy who can be a threat.

The real key is the offensive line. If their line was great, it opens up all the options everywhere else. All of a sudden good running backs become great, more receivers can go out for patterns, the QB has time to throw, and the defense is better because they are off the field more and are fresh.

If he upgrades the line first (which is what he should have done first to begin with four years ago), then the rest will fall into place. But I'd like to see a few other role players/playmakers at the skill positions.

Jon

The_Philster
01-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Ralphy shouldn't have opened his mouth by saying TD's job is secure after all , we haven't made playoffs yet in 4 years. IMO the bills are a qb away from being playoff contenders and a couple of solid OL players away from a sb.

If we don't make playoffs next year , TD should be fired.

He wouldn't get fired..his contract is up after the 2005 season

Mudflap1
01-11-2005, 03:28 PM
There you go, contract year for TD, let's see some playoffs!!!

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
01-11-2005, 03:35 PM
I'll go first.

Jon

They would NEVER do that trade. Basically at this point Bledsoe, and Reed's trade value is worthless, and Henry's has dropped due to injury and a strong RB draft.

THATHURMANATOR
01-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Plus Why would they give us Johnson(former first rounder that has had at least some production) for Reed(2nd rounder and total bust.)??

Mudflap1
01-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Reed's a throw-in, pretty useless.

On foxsports.com they are saying a team might get good value out of Henry for a 2nd rounder, so that is a preliminary professional-opinion value of him. If you package him with Drew, an average (debatable on here of course, but his numbers have been average over the recent future) starting quarterback, those are two things that Arizona would DESPERATELY be needing to upgrade their anemic offense.

So basically Henry for a 2nd rounder, then Drew and maybe a pick or some other cannon fodder for a guy like Johnson, a 3rd receiver (not a starter) to work the slot for the Bills.

Will it happen? No, it doesn't seem to be Donahoe's style.

Henry for a straight 2nd or 3rd, or Henry and a pick for an early second or something is more like his style.

Just trying to have a little fun here.

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
01-11-2005, 03:44 PM
The point is that no one is going to want Drew. I say they would be more apt to do the trade without Drew than with him. His salary is too high.

Mudflap1
01-11-2005, 03:46 PM
$6.5 mill against the cap next year isn't good news for Drew. He's going to have to take a pay cut minimally here...

But if his price was lower, I really believe there are a FEW teams whose QB situation is so freaking bad that they'd take an average QB over the jokers they have on their roster.

Jon

The_Philster
01-11-2005, 04:12 PM
There you go, contract year for TD, let's see some playoffs!!!

Jon

yeah..cause having a lame duck GM worked so well for us the last time :rolleyes:

Mudflap1
01-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Sometimes I don't get this board...

A few posts ago, Butler sucked, strapped us in salary-cap hell, and screwed us for years (but, viola! the Bills went to the playoffs on multiple occasions).

Tom Donahoe has "done a good job" but hasn't gotten us in the playoffs.

Now I suggest that because it's his fifth year coming up, there have been no playoffs yet, and his contract is up that MAYBE he might make the right moves and this team will make the playoffs first and foremost because it's about friggin' time? In addition, you don't think he might be SLIGHTLY motivated that the fact is his contract is up, and he won't likely be re-signed if they don't make the playoffs??

And where comparing TD to Butler before was taboo because Butler sucked and TD is so stellar, now suggesting that TD might work harder with his ass on the line draws a comparison back to the aforementioned Butler about comparing how that didn't work last time...

I don't get it.

Jon