X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbone2005orbust
    • Jan 2005

Should Brett Favre retire?

After watching Brett Favre's horrible performance on Sunday against the Vikings, the question is should Favre retire or return for another season. Ya he is only 35 years old and he might have another 2-4 years left in him but is it time to stop for him. His family problems have just slowed him down the last couple of years. Maybe he should just concentrate on his family and not trying to do a balancing act between family and football. It is hard to watch such a great athlete like Favre have such a great season but then close it off with a 1 TD,4 INT game. Even going back to the Jax game they lost. That wasn't the usual Brett the NFL world is used to seeing. Anyway just wanted to kno what the general opinion was out there.
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

If Drew Bledsoe should not retire than no way should Favre retire. Unless he wants to of course. He's not the Farve of old but he's still way better than what we have
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• DaBills
      • Sep 2004

I don't think he should. I don't think he will either.
      “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

Total washup.

He, like Bledsoe have their good days behind them.

Thats right folks; Bledsoe was once a good player.
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• tampabay25690
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
          Total washup.

He, like Bledsoe have their good days behind them.

Thats right folks; Bledsoe was once a good player.

Favre washed up huh................................

Thats funny thats a hell of a QB out there........He had a bad game and now you think he should retire huh......Watch some football and know about it then write a comment about it...........He has way to much passion and is still a great QB in the league now!!!!!!!!!!
          GO Gators!!!!!!
          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

He might but I hope he doesn't. He deserves another SB ring. And even at this stage of his career, he is still better than 95% of all the current QBs playing. He's got a monkey on his back right now but if anyone can shed it, it's him.

Comment

• carybillsfan
              • Aug 2003

You never know what you'll get with favre these days, much like Bledsoe, McNair(when healthy)...they have become too inconsistent for any team to rely on them to win big games. Unfortunately Favre is like a god in GB, rightfully so, but if he doesn't retire they have to stick with him, at least here in theory we could just get rid of Bledsoe without any hard feelings...I'm we already hate the guy anyway.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Yeah he is washed for sure!

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
                2004 346 540 4088 64.1 7.57 79 30 17 12.0 92.4

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Name 5 QB's better than Favre.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    Yeah he is washed for sure!

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
                    2004 346 540 4088 64.1 7.57 79 30 17 12.0 92.4

He just needs a better supporting cast.

Although it won't happen I would love for him to come here and mentor JP since he's one of the best who can throw acurately on the run. Jp has been compared to him too.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Maybe Favre will retire and could somehow "give" Drew to them!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• DaBills
                        • Sep 2004

Name 5 QB's better than Favre.
                        Manning. Brady. Rothlesberger. Culpepper. McNabb. And a question mark on Vick, but I'll include him. Right now, I'd take any one of those guys over Favre.

But I'd still take Favre over Drew.

;-p

Comment

• tbone2005orbust
                          • Jan 2005

my thoughts exactly

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBills
                            Manning. Brady. Rothlesberger. Culpepper. McNabb. And a question mark on Vick, but I'll include him. Right now, I'd take any one of those guys over Favre.

But I'd still take Favre over Drew.

;-p
                            Put Favre on that Steelers team and call me back. No way on Vick. Either way that being said you named only 6 at most better than favre. Last time I checked there are 32 teams in the league. Hardly someone that needs to retire because he is producing.

Comment

• DaBills
                              • Sep 2004

Put Favre on that Steelers team and call me back. No way on Vick.

Lol. Yeah, but we're not putting QBs on any other team. Way to twist your question. I could say give us Brady and we'll be in the SB. I could say that about Manning too. Hell, give me Joe Montanna while we're on Fantasy Island. What's the point there - (he asked scratching his head).

But ok, to go along with your twisted logic, put Favre on the Steelers last week and I bet he still throws those INTs. Only diff is Pitt's defense probably doesn't let Minnesota rack up the points and Favre escapes with some points and a few INTs. But imo, he's no better a QB because all of a sudden he's given a Pitt D that bails him out.

Sounds like a familar defense when arguing about The Tin Man.

Either way that being said you named only 6 at most better than favre. Last time I checked there are 32 teams in the league.
                              Changing the question as you go along. Ok. I get it. Last time I checked you asked for five QBs better than Favre, or am I missing something. I gave you six with a question mark on Vick, but you want more? Did you really mean give you 15 Qbs better than Favre? Maybe even 20? Take some time and call me back on that.

Right now, without Vick, the bottom line is that those five are still playing while Favre sits home and watches on TV. And I'll take any one of those five.

And I already said Favre should still play.

Comment

Working...
                              X