Clear All
  • LouGrant
    The Zone Editor
    • Jul 2002

A Tale of Two Teams!

By Mark Weiler
    The Zone
    11/25/02

The first team began the season 1-4 and has since gone 5-1 to reassert themselves as a competitive team legitimately in the hunt for a playoff spot. The other started off 5-3 and has since lost 3 straight games and clearly demonstrated that it was on the merits of a soft schedule up front that they were 5-3 to begin with. The first team has come from 2 ½ games back to go up by a game. The first is is scoring in droves while the other struggling to put even a single touchdown on the boards. One is holding teams to around 13 points and the other considering themselves lucky if they can keep opponents from scoring under 30 while scoring 13 themselves. While 6-5 and 5-6 seem close, only a game apart, these two teams cannot be further apart regarding the directions that they have taken over the past 5 games nor in terms of how good each is. Perhaps it was a harbinger that the Jets beat us in week one even though they had not found their groove yet.

The Bills are done! You can stick the fork in now. There will be no playoffs for this team although I affirmingly pointed out as much after last week’s loss to Kansas City. I realize that mathematically the Bills remain alive, however, I will also expediently suggest that perhaps the goal of winning one more game would be a tad bit more reasonable. Two games may be too much to ask. In the unfortunate event that the Bills were to make it, we would be no doubt treated to one of the worst first-round ousters yet.
    ...MORE...
    Get into the Zone
Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡