PDA

View Full Version : The No Huddle

northernbillfan
01-11-2005, 10:23 AM
When the Bills used the no huddle in Seattle they had great success with it as they moved the ball very effectively down field. It was the beginning of a run that ended in the Pittsburgh game.

They had abandoned the hurry up all too soon, IMO. Why did they give up with it so quickly? It seemed that the team caught the Hawks off guard and scored easily and quickly.

I think the team would have had better success all season had they stayed with the hurry up, or, pardon the expression, the K-gun. Even with Drew as the QB it would have been far more productive.

Billz_fan
01-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Did you guys/girls see the comments Kelly made ? I was gonna post it after the Pitt game but things were hot enough already around here :laughter:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050108/SPORTS0102/501080336&SearchID=73195741937859

northernbillfan
01-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Yeah I remember that article...

"I was disappointed for Drew (Bledsoe) because I thought the Bills would take some chances. I don't know why they didn't throw the ball downfield more or why they didn't mix in some no-huddle. I think Drew would do well with the no-huddle. He's a bright guy. He could run it."