View Full Version : Winfield's lower leg injury will be evaluated today

LouGrant
11-25-2002, 09:14 AM
BILLS NOTEBOOK
Winfield's lower leg injury will be evaluated today
By ALLEN WILSON
News Sports Reporter
11/25/2002

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Cornerback Antoine Winfield had the Buffalo Bills holding their breath as he limped off the field after the final play of the third quarter Sunday.
Winfield suffered a lower leg injury during the Bills' 31-13 loss to the New York Jets.

"I was covering Wayne Chrebet and I just twisted it," Winfield said. "It feels better now, but I couldn't put a lot of weight on the leg so there was no sense in going back out there. But it felt a little better after the game. I'll be ready by next Sunday."

Coach Gregg Williams won't go that far, at least until Winfield is re-evaluated today.

"He seems to be OK," Williams said. "We'll do further tests on it. It's some kind of contusion or lower leg strain."

When Winfield hopped to the sidelines, many Bills fans probably were thinking about the knee injury that kept him out of three games after he had surgery to repair torn cartilage.

However, the thought never entered Winfield's mind.

"I had some pain, but I didn't think it was too serious," he said. "I'll just go home, get some treatment and be ready to go next week."

,,,MORE... (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20021125/1012820.asp)