PDA

View Full Version : Trade Henry for Vanderjagt?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-11-2005, 11:28 PM
:idea: why not trade Travis Henry to Indy for Vanderjagt we need a K and they need a RB because James is gone after this yr. anyways as a FA and Travis Henry has come out and said that he doesn't want to be back-up here. :feedback:

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2005, 11:30 PM
That's assuming they let James walk.

buffalofan19
01-11-2005, 11:34 PM
That's assuming they let James walk.
That's a good point. But with the big @$$ contracts they've given Manning and Harrison, they just might have to. Edge is going to ask for at least the same type of money as those two got if not more.

Section 130 Row 26
01-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Vanderjat has said he wants to return to the CFL in 2005, read it on ESPN in their story on what he said about the Pats game this week.

Plus he's a dome kicker...we need someone who's used to the elements...I'll take Mike Nugent or Johnathan Nichols as rookie starters over a climate controlled, "liqured up" kicker any day...
JG

buffalofan19
01-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Vanderjat has said he wants to return to the CFL in 2005, read it on ESPN in their story on what he said about the Pats game this week.

Plus he's a dome kicker...we need someone who's used to the elements...I'll take Mike Nugent or Johnathan Nichols as rookie starters over a climate controlled, "liqured up" kicker any day...
JG
Please... he's from Canada! Trust me, he knows how to deal with the elements.

NapalmDeath
01-12-2005, 02:54 AM
VanderJat is weak on kickoffs.

I would rather draft Nugent

YardRat
01-12-2005, 05:28 AM
I'd rather get a pick for Henry and try to package something to get back in the first round for an o-lineman.

Draft a kicker on day two, or bring in a FA.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2005, 09:22 AM
First off Vanderjat is an idiot. Secondly he is like a 32 year old kicker. Why trade our 26 year old stud running back for a kicker(who if we wanted could draft one in maybe the 5th)?

CuseBilzFan
01-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Now this sounds like a good trade. Vanderjagt isn't afraid to tell people what the deal is. Make this trade possible. We need a good kicker.

DaBills
01-12-2005, 10:12 AM
No way the Colts let Edgerrin go. He's too integral to that offense. I don't know if they can afford the franchise tag on him, but they'll find a way to keep him. And if they do that, Henry would not be happy sitting behind James, since he already has a problem doing that with Willis.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2005, 10:19 AM
No way the Colts let Edgerrin go. He's too integral to that offense. I don't know if they can afford the franchise tag on him, but they'll find a way to keep him. And if they do that, Henry would not be happy sitting behind James, since he already has a problem doing that with Willis.

Good point.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2005, 10:19 AM
The Kicker From Ohio State is phenominal. We could probably have him in the 5th.

dannyek71
01-12-2005, 10:52 AM
This trade would NEVER happen...fun to dream though

Bill Brasky
01-12-2005, 10:54 AM
HAHA, ya'll don't want Randy Moss, but you want Vanderjackoff? He's a headcase and he's only a kicker. At least Moss makes big plays.

Michael82
01-12-2005, 10:59 AM
The Kicker From Ohio State is phenominal. We could probably have him in the 5th.
No we couldn't. He's going to get drafted before the end of the 3rd round, IMO.

don137
01-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Indy would never go for it...Henry is not a great receiver and you need to be in Indy. Plus Henry is a free agent after next year and they probably won't have the money to re-sign him...

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2005, 11:45 AM
No we couldn't. He's going to get drafted before the end of the 3rd round, IMO.

Possibly but why trade Henry for an older version?

Iehoshua
01-12-2005, 11:46 AM
The Colts have already said they're franchising James...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1949512

Not saying they couldn't potentially trade Edge if he puts up a huge fuss...

I just don't see how, in this age of crap kickers, you'd let a guy like Vanderjagt go, no matter how much he smack talks. I mean, this whole issue with him now is just being covered cuz there's not much else to discuss. Way overblown...

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Indy would never go for it...Henry is not a great receiver and you need to be in Indy. Plus Henry is a free agent after next year and they probably won't have the money to re-sign him...

Plus They have Edge and Dominic Rhodes.

buffalofan19
01-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Please... he's from Canada! Trust me, he knows how to deal with the elements.
OK, who negged me for this comment? Did I say something offensive? If so, I'm sorry. My point was that it's not like Vanderjagt has never has kicked in the cold and wind.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Plus They have Edge and Dominic Rhodes.

Well, all three of Indy's RBs are UFA's.....Edge, Mungro and Rhodes.

I think they will resign the two cheaper ones and let Edge go to Miami.

As someone else said Henry's receiving skills do not fit with Indy's offensive scheme.

I'll take Vandy if they cut him though, no doubt.

ticatfan
01-12-2005, 04:00 PM
OK, who negged me for this comment? Did I say something offensive? If so, I'm sorry. My point was that it's not like Vanderjagt has never has kicked in the cold and wind.We have only 2 dome stadiums up here, in toronto and B.C The 2 warmest places in canada.lol And playing in canada in oct and nov can be very brutal. If mike could not handle kicking in th elements he never would have gotten a chance in the NFL. As I said before ,his 1st comments woke manning up and look at the records he broke now.Manning and the colts should thank mike. But I think he does want to come back to the CFL.

G. Host
01-12-2005, 06:34 PM
First off Vanderjat is an idiot. Secondly he is like a 32 year old kicker. Why trade our 26 year old stud running back for a kicker(who if we wanted could draft one in maybe the 5th)?

Good kickers are not a dime-a-dozen; RBs who can not stay healthy,
can not block well and are dissatisfied are.

finsrclowns
01-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Good kickers are not a dime-a-dozen; RBs who can not stay healthy,
can not block well and are dissatisfied are.

IMO the Colts signing of Grammatica to kick off could be the first step in greasing the skids for Vandy's release after the season, especially if they lose on Sunday after he popped off again. Remember VJ makes over 2m a season. Spending that kind of dough on a kicker is a luxury. You do it if it's the last piece in a championship team, which we are not there yet. There are other priorities on the Bills before you allocate 2m+ for a kicker, especially one that can't kick off deep. I'd rather trade Henry for an early third rounder and use the pick on Nugent. That guy has a powerful leg, and his cap # would be less than a third of VJ's. That money could mean the difference between keeping Pat Williams and not.

jdenning
01-12-2005, 10:56 PM
JAMES = Franchise Tag.. hes not leaving hes there for good

buffalofan19
01-12-2005, 11:14 PM
JAMES = Franchise Tag.. hes not leaving hes there for good
That doesn't mean he's staying though. Look what the Bills did with Price. He may still leave Indy.