• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

This is what the BILLS should do with Eric Moulds new contract

When the BILLS restructure Eric Moulds new contract they should set aside enough money to re-sign Pat Williams or Jennings or maybe both.
  • buffalofan19
    God's gift to the Zone
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
    When the BILLS restructure Eric Moulds new contract they should set aside enough money to re-sign Pat Williams or Jennings or maybe both.
    Only if Moulds is willing to take a big enough pay-cut (which I doubt).
    Penguins at Sabres Highlight Video 10/10/05
    Sabres at Lightning Highlight Video 10/13/05
    Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 10/20/05
    Rangers at Sabres Highlight Video 10/22/05
    Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 10/29/05
    Maple Leafs at Sabres Highlight Video 11/11/05
    Devils at Sabres Highlight Video 11/15/05
    Sabres at Bruins Highlight Video 11/19/05
    Sabres at Islanders Highlight Video 11/23/05
    Canadiens at Sabres Highlight Video 11/25/05

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

There probably won't be enough money from the restructuring to re-sign both, but I'm sure the money they free up will go directly towards that.

Jon

Comment

• clumping platelets

Depends on how the Bills want to structure his new deal. He will not accept a pay cut and doesn't deserve to be asked to take one. He will likely sign a 3 yr extension which would tie him to the Bills through 2009 (starting in 2005, signing bonuses can only be amortized for 5 yrs). He won't see the end of the deal, but the key will be up front $$$. He's scheduled to actually make $5.5 million salary, $1 million reporting bonus, and $100,000 workout bonus. (His cap number is higher because of previously paid signing bonus amortization). That's $6.6 million he'll pay this season. As long as the Bills work out a deal that gives him at least $6.6 million (likely more) in his pocket in 2005 season, it will get done. I expect a new deal will save around $2.5 million on both the 2005 & 2006 caps

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Screw Jennings!
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

I think its a win win situation if they can get Moulds to restructure. He will put the team first which will go over well with the fans, and we can bring his cap figure down a bit. So both him and the Bills win in this situation although as of right now I see Moulds putting himself first.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• eyedog
              • Jul 2002

What if they cut Moulds outright, how much money would they save, how much of a cap hit would they take, would they have enough to sign Jennings and/or Williams ?
              Is this doable ? You out there Clump ?

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by eyedog
                What if they cut Moulds outright, how much money would they save, how much of a cap hit would they take, would they have enough to sign Jennings and/or Williams ?
                Is this doable ? You out there Clump ?

It's doable, but doubtful that it happens. Moulds is still an integral part of the offense.

Release him before June 1st saves $4.6 million on 2005 and over $9 million on 2006 cap

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

If you want him out you trade him you dont cut Eric Moulds.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Why would they want him out?
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• eyedog
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                      It's doable, but doubtful that it happens. Moulds is still an integral part of the offense.

Release him before June 1st saves $4.6 million on 2005 and over $9 million on 2006 cap
                      So if they cut him outright, would they be able to sign both Jennings and Williams ?

If you answer "yes" to this question then I want him gone because I would rather have the other two over Moulds.

If it would only be a one for one deal than I would keep moulds.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Williams and Moulds aren't always injured like Jennings.

Comment

• eyedog
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                          Williams and Moulds aren't always injured like Jennings.
                          No kidding. And neither play left tackle either.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by eyedog
                            So if they cut him outright, would they be able to sign both Jennings and Williams ?

If you answer "yes" to this question then I want him gone because I would rather have the other two over Moulds.

If it would only be a one for one deal than I would keep moulds.

Bills can find a way to re-sign both Jennings & Williams. The way will include re-working Moulds' contract. It would be a mistake to cut Moulds

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by MBBedard
                              If you want him out you trade him you dont cut Eric Moulds.

Trade at any time of the season has the same cap ramifications as releasing him prior to June 1st. Saves $4.6 million on 2005 cap

Comment

Working...
                              X