PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Jerry Gray?

OpIv37
01-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Is he staying or taking the SU job?

TedMock
01-12-2005, 09:05 AM
The SU job was already given to Greg Robinson, co-DC at Texas. I did read that the 49ers may be interested in Gray, but he's not tops on the list.

OpIv37
01-12-2005, 09:11 AM
yeah- they probably just want the league to think they're considering minority candidates. An NFL head coaching job is a great gigue, but I doubt Gray is all that eager to get his hands on that train wreck in SF.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-12-2005, 11:15 AM
yeah- they probably just want the league to think they're considering minority candidates. An NFL head coaching job is a great gigue, but I doubt Gray is all that eager to get his hands on that train wreck in SF.

I see what you are saying, but I can't imagine ANY assistant coach in the NFL passing up a chance to be the head coach of the Niners. Yes they are in turmoil right now....but HC jobs are not easy to get....and things are bound to get better in SF in the next few years....If the Niners were to offer the job to Gray, I can't imagine him not taking it, no matter how poor the chances for success.

juice
01-12-2005, 11:22 AM
I see what you are saying, but I can't imagine ANY assistant coach in the NFL passing up a chance to be the head coach of the Niners. Yes they are in turmoil right now....but HC jobs are not easy to get....and things are bound to get better in SF in the next few years....If the Niners were to offer the job to Gray, I can't imagine him not taking it, no matter how poor the chances for success.The Niners Front Office is as much of a wreck as the play of the team.. Without good ownership any head coach is gonna fail in SF.

capitolneal
01-12-2005, 11:26 AM
I see what you are saying, but I can't imagine ANY assistant coach in the NFL passing up a chance to be the head coach of the Niners. Yes they are in turmoil right now....but HC jobs are not easy to get....and things are bound to get better in SF in the next few years....If the Niners were to offer the job to Gray, I can't imagine him not taking it, no matter how poor the chances for success.
Agreed... If that was a place u could come in and win right away erickson would still be there no Assistant would pass that job