• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

FYI on Directv programming...

I had mentioned before that the Directv regional sports channel pack can be ordered without carrying a basic programming package. I did this last year but apparently it's no longer allowed.

And now I'm in a bad mood, since I was REALLY looking forward to catching the scrimmage and daily news on Empire, and that last preseason game against the Lions...

The lady says 'Well, I can get that done for you for $41.99 a month...' LOL.... This was after I told her I only wanted it for one channel!!!

:machgun: DIRECTV

At least BB.com is streaming the scrimmage - hopefully the picture quality will be like the uni unveiling - that really looked great.

Now everyone call Directv and tell them they SUCK!!!! LOL
  • Quizlet2002
    Veteran Zoner
    • Aug 2002

Dont blame them...

...how can you blame the company? They are the only one who is allowed to show the NFL package. Cable, Dish...etc can not. They are only taking advantage of a good situation. People do this everyday...

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Who said anything about Sunday Ticket?!?!

Comment

• Sabre11
        • Aug 2002

This is suppose to be the last year that DirectTV gets the Sunday ticket, I know this doesn't follow what JJamezz is saying, but I have Dishnetwork and I' m looking forward to finally get the Bills next year. Dishnetwork sucks for Sports. I just wanted to get this off my chest.

Comment

• Quizlet2002
          Veteran Zoner
          • Aug 2002

?

Hey man---they also said that in '99---it was there last year---it wont be

Comment

• e-mo4life
            • Jul 2002

damn i hate directv too....they finally have local channels available for buffalo....only prob is you need a "special" receiver! they suck!
            Bleedin red white and DREW baby

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
              • Jul 2002

Re: ?

Originally posted by Quizlet2002
              Hey man---they also said that in '99---it was there last year---it wont be

Hope not! I don't want to have to buy a new dish

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

The NFL Ticket will never see the light of day on cable TV. The 18Billion dollar TV deal prohibits it.

Comment

• BillC
                  The man in charge - Don't U forget it!
                  • Jul 2002

I got me one of those "Cards" that gets you all the nudie channels... hehehehe....

Oh wait! Hillary is pulling up in the driveway... better flip over to CSPAN

Comment

• Sabre11
                    • Aug 2002

Wildy Willie has a point though. You could get one of the systems and purchase a device (I'm not saying card because It is more than just buying a card) that let's you recieve all of your satellite channels without paying or getting blocked if you have all of the Fox Sports Stationed.
                    Let's say you have a friend you owns....say....Dishnetwork...What would he or she need to receive about said options?
                    :dolfelon:

Comment

• Panama
                      • Jul 2002

All you need is a DTV access Card that has been programmed to open all the channels, a good hacker can do this is in a number of ways. The problem is that DTV sends out regular hits in stream with their daily programming that will shut unauthorized cards down so there is always a chance that what you purchase today will not work tommorow. Some good hackers have developed a shunt that sends these hits to a dummy card, allowing the hacked card to still function. It's become pretty unpredictable and you'll probably spend more money in illegal cards than just purchasing the programming and Sunday Ticket. I have had Sunday Ticket since inception and have never missed a Bills game in 10 years, it's worth the money, considering the alternative since I'd be stuck watching the sucking dolfelons down here in Florida. I also add sportspack every football season just to watch Empire.

Comment

• Sabre11
                        • Aug 2002

But what if you have Dishnetwork and the Sunday Ticket isn't an option?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Echostar has been in negotiations regarding the purchase of Direct TV. This has been dragging out for a year now.

If and when this occurs, I'm guessing the Direct TV NFL package will be available to more non- direct tv dish owners.

I spent in one afternoon in a sports bar ( a few beers, wings, burgers, the noise, smoke, uncomfortable seats if you can find one....) what I do for a month of Direct TV. And I sit in my recliner in full comfort... while flipping over to any games with FFL implications!

Just give in and get the Direct TV package. For echostar owners, all i got to say is you should have done some homework before your purchase. Deals up front mask mistakes down the road.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                            • Jul 2002

Of course, y'all could just do what I did and move to Buffalo. That solves all the Tee Vee problems.

Comment

Working...
                            X