PDA

View Full Version : FYI on Directv programming...

JJamezz
08-01-2002, 12:58 PM
I had mentioned before that the Directv regional sports channel pack can be ordered without carrying a basic programming package. I did this last year but apparently it's no longer allowed.

And now I'm in a bad mood, since I was REALLY looking forward to catching the scrimmage and daily news on Empire, and that last preseason game against the Lions...

The lady says 'Well, I can get that done for you for $41.99 a month...' LOL.... This was after I told her I only wanted it for one channel!!!

:machgun: DIRECTV

At least BB.com is streaming the scrimmage - hopefully the picture quality will be like the uni unveiling - that really looked great.

Now everyone call Directv and tell them they SUCK!!!! LOL

Quizlet2002
08-01-2002, 01:40 PM
...how can you blame the company? They are the only one who is allowed to show the NFL package. Cable, Dish...etc can not. They are only taking advantage of a good situation. People do this everyday...

JJamezz
08-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Who said anything about Sunday Ticket?!?!

SabreEleven
08-01-2002, 02:00 PM
This is suppose to be the last year that DirectTV gets the Sunday ticket, I know this doesn't follow what JJamezz is saying, but I have Dishnetwork and I' m looking forward to finally get the Bills next year. Dishnetwork sucks for Sports. I just wanted to get this off my chest.

Quizlet2002
08-01-2002, 06:26 PM
Hey man---they also said that in '99---it was there last year---it wont be

e-mo4life
08-03-2002, 05:53 PM
damn i hate directv too....they finally have local channels available for buffalo....only prob is you need a "special" receiver! they suck!

Novacane
08-03-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Quizlet2002
Hey man---they also said that in '99---it was there last year---it wont be

Hope not! I don't want to have to buy a new dish

Dozerdog
08-03-2002, 09:49 PM
The NFL Ticket will never see the light of day on cable TV. The 18Billion dollar TV deal prohibits it.

BillC
08-03-2002, 10:51 PM
I got me one of those "Cards" that gets you all the nudie channels... hehehehe....

Oh wait! Hillary is pulling up in the driveway... better flip over to CSPAN

SabreEleven
08-04-2002, 06:31 AM
Wildy Willie has a point though. You could get one of the systems and purchase a device (I'm not saying card because It is more than just buying a card) that let's you recieve all of your satellite channels without paying or getting blocked if you have all of the Fox Sports Stationed.
Let's say you have a friend you owns....say....Dishnetwork...What would he or she need to receive about said options?
:dolfelon:

Panama
08-04-2002, 07:23 AM
All you need is a DTV access Card that has been programmed to open all the channels, a good hacker can do this is in a number of ways. The problem is that DTV sends out regular hits in stream with their daily programming that will shut unauthorized cards down so there is always a chance that what you purchase today will not work tommorow. Some good hackers have developed a shunt that sends these hits to a dummy card, allowing the hacked card to still function. It's become pretty unpredictable and you'll probably spend more money in illegal cards than just purchasing the programming and Sunday Ticket. I have had Sunday Ticket since inception and have never missed a Bills game in 10 years, it's worth the money, considering the alternative since I'd be stuck watching the sucking dolfelons down here in Florida. I also add sportspack every football season just to watch Empire.

SabreEleven
08-04-2002, 12:12 PM
But what if you have Dishnetwork and the Sunday Ticket isn't an option?

Dozerdog
08-04-2002, 12:21 PM
Echostar has been in negotiations regarding the purchase of Direct TV. This has been dragging out for a year now.

If and when this occurs, I'm guessing the Direct TV NFL package will be available to more non- direct tv dish owners.

I spent in one afternoon in a sports bar ( a few beers, wings, burgers, the noise, smoke, uncomfortable seats if you can find one....) what I do for a month of Direct TV. And I sit in my recliner in full comfort... while flipping over to any games with FFL implications!

Just give in and get the Direct TV package. For echostar owners, all i got to say is you should have done some homework before your purchase. Deals up front mask mistakes down the road.

Sabre Ally
08-04-2002, 05:02 PM
Of course, y'all could just do what I did and move to Buffalo. That solves all the Tee Vee problems. :D