PDA

View Full Version : What is your conclusion about Sunday's Game?

Ebenezer
11-25-2002, 10:17 AM
There has been a lot of posting about the state of the Bills. Let's put all our conclusions in one thread (Especially since I was gone all weekend and don't want to respond to 40 threads). List your conclusions here. NO MORE THAN 3!

1. No defense. The talent is just not there. The scheme is just not there. No turnovers!

2. No TURNOVERS! This team just cannot create turnovers. Thus, this makes the field too long for the offense. How many times do you expect ANY offense in the NFL to go 65-85 yards every single drive.

3. The Bills will not make the playoffs (yeah, I know...pretty obvious)

Cntrygal
11-25-2002, 01:29 PM
"What is your conclusion about Sunday's Game? "

We lost.

WG
11-25-2002, 01:37 PM
Coaches that need to go pending or final 5 games: Gray, Gilbride, Smith, and possibly even GW. I say bring Marvin Lewis in if he would want the HC job anyway. Don't think that will happen however.

Players that need to go: Robinson, JR.

Players that can stay, but only as 2nd/3rd stringers: Watson, Office, Irons, Edwards, Ahanotu.

Our team needs to focus on getting a D in here, making Henry the focal point of our offense, and relinquishing Drew to a support role in support or our rushing game. I truly believe that Drew's TDs would increase under such a system. His yardage totals would suffer, but he would put up more TDs. BTW, Gilbride is not the right OC for accomplishing all that.

Cntrygal
11-25-2002, 01:55 PM
TD's are more important than yardage.

Gilbride:sukrpnch:Cntry

Ebenezer
11-25-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Coaches that need to go pending or final 5 games: Gray, Gilbride, Smith, and possibly even GW. I say bring Marvin Lewis in if he would want the HC job anyway. Don't think that will happen however.

Players that need to go: Robinson, JR.

Players that can stay, but only as 2nd/3rd stringers: Watson, Office, Irons, Edwards, Ahanotu.

Our team needs to focus on getting a D in here, making Henry the focal point of our offense, and relinquishing Drew to a support role in support or our rushing game. I truly believe that Drew's TDs would increase under such a system. His yardage totals would suffer, but he would put up more TDs. BTW, Gilbride is not the right OC for accomplishing all that.

Lewis did not want to be here the first time around.
Office and Irons can go...too many walk on free agents ruins a team.

ArcticWildMan
11-25-2002, 02:06 PM
For the last time....Lewis cannot be brought in as a DC. He has to be given a promotion, no lateral moves like that are allowed while he is under contract by another team. Besides, the guy totally sandbagged his interview last time and dissed the WNY area as being substandard. Not the kind of guy I want running the team.

WG
11-25-2002, 02:22 PM
I meant as an HC. OK on the rest. Someone else then. Whom do you recommend?

Who's available?

I doubt that Williams will go after this season. Wilson seems to be high on him unless that's some sort of smokescreen.

11-25-2002, 02:25 PM
errors. They either are thinking too much or not enough. Maybe they are trying too hard. Gosh Watson sure is a marked man. I'd hate to be him.:tomato:

Ebenezer
11-25-2002, 02:30 PM
List of available former coaches would include:

Jimmy Johnson
Bill Parcels
Joe Gibbs
Marv Levy

Do you really think any of these guys would be coming out of retirement to coach these guys?

ArcticWildMan
11-25-2002, 02:31 PM
I really don't have a clue who should replace Gray as DC.

As far as replacing GW, that most likely will not happen. Williams has a scape goat (Gray and possibly Gilbride) to blame the losses on.

I think the #1 thing we need to do is concentrate on a new defensive scheme (3-4 or 4-3, take your pick) and bring in some FA talent to support it. We need a speed rusher and some more mobile LB's and we should be a lot better off.

Akhippo
11-25-2002, 02:42 PM
Williams and Gray have to go. The team just doesnt seem heading in any direction. Thats what the head coach is for. Gilbride made an attempt to run the ball. I just think watching the Jets run down their throats made at offense a little antsy, like they were going to have to win it in a more fast paced style. I would like to have Ted Cottrell in here. At least we know his defense works. They need a fiery coach, like Gruden or Cower, I would like to have H Edwards. Williams is all excuse.

Typ0
11-25-2002, 02:50 PM
Shouldn't this thread be:

"what is your concussion after Sunday's game"

I really think we need to clamp down on these spelling and grammer error.