X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

3 players that I would like to draft

Here are three players that I would like the Bills to Draft. Though I am not sure any will be available when we pick in the 2nd.

If we some how can get a 1st or 2nd for Travis, then maybe we can get one or two of them.

In no particular order....

OG Michigan David Bass
    TE UVA Heath Miller
    K OSU Mike Nugent

What do you guys think?
  • dannyek71
    Drink Responsibly
    • Dec 2004

No way we get anything more than a 4th or 5th for TH.....One guy id like to see is Mike Williams, i doubt he will still be around though
    [

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by dannyek71
      No way we get anything more than a 4th or 5th for TH.....One guy id like to see is Mike Williams, i doubt he will still be around though
      Mike Williams depending on his workout will be gone in the top 10. So he wont be a Bill. I just saw him this week and he looks pretty good. He will have a great workout there is no doubt in my mind!!!!!!!
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
        Here are three players that I would like the Bills to Draft. Though I am not sure any will be available when we pick in the 2nd.

If we some how can get a 1st or 2nd for Travis, then maybe we can get one or two of them.

In no particular order....

OG Michigan David Bass
        TE UVA Heath Miller
        K OSU Mike Nugent

What do you guys think?
        I like all 3 of those guys, Bass would be a great pickup, and could start asap!!!!
        GO Gators!!!!!!
        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

I agree, Mike Williams was a top 10 pick last year, as long as he checks out fine, no reason he won't be the same this year.

As for Henry, on foxsports.com it says that Henry would be a valuable pickup for someone willing to give a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. So there's a preliminary established professional opinion value of him.

Maybe packaged right, with other picks or something, they could even do a little better?

Jon

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

i'd like to see us draft nugent but not in the 2nd round.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• TedMock
              • Jul 2002

ESPN said that this year is supposedly deep in OL.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                • Apr 2003

everyone has to keep in mind henry brings a lot to the table other than the yards under his belt...

1.) youth
                2.) experience
                3.) toughness, mental and physical
                4.) leadership and poise (never *****ed this year)
                and 5.) very cap friendly

id be surprised if the bills didnt get a second rounder for him
                the dude abides

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                  • Apr 2003

and we dont need a TE, between cambell and euhus we have solid players...not likely both will be on the IR next year too. out TE situation this year was a fluke.
                  its time we get some actual talent on our offensive line.
                  the dude abides

Comment

• Charlieguide
                    Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
                    • Feb 2004

Agreed. OL and K are our biggest need positions. After that, depth at: WR, DE, LB, and CB are all important. An injury at any position except RB/QB could pose big problems.

I haven't looked at available FA's or other teams' needs yet, but my first impression is that there aren't enough kickers to go around. I think we should pick up Nugent in round 2. He'll be gone by the time we pick in the third, which is when most good kickers go.
                    The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Charlieguide
                      Agreed. OL and K are our biggest need positions. After that, depth at: WR, DE, LB, and CB are all important. An injury at any position except RB/QB could pose big problems.

I haven't looked at available FA's or other teams' needs yet, but my first impression is that there aren't enough kickers to go around. I think we should pick up Nugent in round 2. He'll be gone by the time we pick in the third, which is when most good kickers go.

Nugent in round 2 is a big reach, he is one of the top kickers in the nation but he also will be there in rd 3.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by buffalofan19
                        I've heard talk about a receiver Troy Williamson out of South Carolina, supposed to be a second round sleeper. Is he any good, and would it be worth it for the Bills to get him?

This is a kid I fell in love with over the course of the season and would have near the top of my draft board for the Bills. With Moulds lackluster year TD has to be somewhat worried about his WR situation especially with the lack of emergence of a true #3 WR. Williamson can do it all. Over the middle, deep, short, make people miss, break tackles, and make acrobatic catches. Granted Id put somebody like Bass ahead of him, but thats because OL is a much more serious need but should all the DE's and OG's be gone who are worthy of this pick, id rather see us steal Williamson here then reach for an OG.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Screw it and draft the "Nuge" in the 2nd. And with the 2nd rounder we get for Travis, get the best available OL.

Comment

• Bmax
                            • Aug 2003

My poor friend me ..when really do need a te....I hear that campbell and euhus both had reconstructive knee surgery.....And are more than likely not going to be ready until august...For insurance purposes ...we should explore drafting a te in rd 5-7...A better bet would be signing a free agent.. like cam cleeland from the rams .. putzier from the broncos or journeymen webster ny native brian kowlowski from the redskins...remember neufeld is a free agent and that leaves us with trafford as our only healthy te....and we cut him last season....i say go the fa route and bring better depth to the team and don't even bother resigning neufeld.....

Nugent is a 3rd round guy right now baas a 2nd .....

i love them both ...here are some other guys to consider

Mike Munoz-LT-Tenn-6-6-320-5th yr senior a few injuries to be concerned about.
                            Elton Miller- VA-6-5-330-run blocking monster-OG....
                            CJ Brooks -MD-6-5-320- powerful run blocker OG....

Comment

Working...
                            X