X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • honey
    • Aug 2002

McCombs Wants Fox's Buck Off Vikings-Eagles Telecast

Eden Prairie. Minn. (AP) Fox Sports turned down Vikings owner Red McCombs' request to remove play-by-play announcer Joe Buck from Sunday's game at Philadelphia over his criticism of Randy Moss.

After Moss caught a touchdown pass in last weekend's win at Green Bay, the wide receiver celebrated by pretending to pull down his pants and moon Packers fans. Buck immediately called it a "disgusting act."

more
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

I despise Joe Buck. Not because of the Moss incident. I hated him before that.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
      I despise Joe Buck. Not because of the Moss incident. I hated him before that.
      Typical douchebag benefiting from his father's success. Welcome to America...

Comment

• DaBills
        • Sep 2004

He's a shamma-lamma-'DING-DONG!'

“The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Maybe if Moss would act his age instead of a POS, Buck (or anybody) wouldn't feel the need to make those comments
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Instead of pulling Buck from the broadcast Moss should just Moon him
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
              • Aug 2004

Buck
              http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                Maybe if Moss would act his age instead of a POS, Buck (or anybody) wouldn't feel the need to make those comments
                I agree. I had no idea what that was about until they said it later. Imagine what the little kids in the audience thought, whether they knew why or not?
                He did act like a two year old when he did that, and I don't blame Buck for voicing his (opinion).
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Buck has no problem grandstanding with "Leon" in the Bud commercials. Personally, I find that offensive.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

if i were Fox,i would give mccombs a firm "NO!!!!"
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

It's amazing how this all boils down to an action vs an opinion.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Bulldog
                        Top Dog
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        Its called entertainment. Its pretty simple, if you don't like it, turn the game off. I had no problem with it and I think stuff like that just adds to the rivalries. Much like when Bryan Cox came out and flipped the bird at all the Bills fans when he was introduced.
                        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by Bulldog
                          Its called entertainment. Its pretty simple, if you don't like it, turn the game off. I had no problem with it and I think stuff like that just adds to the rivalries. Much like when Bryan Cox came out and flipped the bird at all the Bills fans when he was introduced.

I agree 100%. This is not tennis.
                          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
                            Funny...I was well entertained when Thurman, Andre, Beebe, Lofton, McKellar, Metzelaars and the like were scoring TDs without acting like idiots.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

I think it's horrible. The whole country is going to hell because Randy Moss pretended to show his bum.

Oh the humanity.
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X