PDA

View Full Version : Will this be the season Mike Williams moves to LT?

casdhf
01-12-2005, 09:09 PM
He played All-Pro football the last half of the season, do we see Big Mike move to LT? Jennings will cost a pretty penny, I think he's best suited for RT anyways....if we can even afford to keep him.

If Mike Williams stays at RT for 2005, he will be playing in Hawaii. Can he do it at LT? :scratch:

Tatonka
01-12-2005, 10:41 PM
according to TD, he will be staying right where he is at rt.

The_Philster
01-13-2005, 04:57 AM
It'd be nuts to break up the Villarial-Williams combo on the right side. I think McNally and Mularkey are smarter than that.

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2005, 06:37 AM
There was talk early in the season of moving him to G. :eek:

finsrclowns
01-13-2005, 07:59 AM
according to TD, he will be staying right where he is at rt.

When did he say that? Did he also happen to mention who's going to play LT after Jennings bolts? IMO we don't have a replacement on the roster.

eyedog
01-13-2005, 08:06 AM
When did he say that? Did he also happen to mention who's going to play LT after Jennings bolts? IMO we don't have a replacement on the roster.

All the more reason to get Jennings signed, even if they have to overpay a little.
I want no part of Mike on the left side. He is showing improvement on the right side but is far from Pro Bowl status. A move now is just gonna **** with his fragile head. Keep him where he's at and hope McNally can keep him in the right direction.

finsrclowns
01-13-2005, 08:32 AM
All the more reason to get Jennings signed, even if they have to overpay a little.
I want no part of Mike on the left side. He is showing improvement on the right side but is far from Pro Bowl status. A move now is just gonna **** with his fragile head. Keep him where he's at and hope McNally can keep him in the right direction.

It takes 2 to tango. TD made an offer to Jennings at the same time he made one to Schobel and PW. Jennings never even counter offered which tells you he's looking for a lot more than TD wants to pay. I like Jennings. But it depends what he's looking for. At this point it only takes one team desperate for a LT to make the market for him crazy. I doubt very much he comes back because I doubt TD is willing to pay what it will take. So what's Plan B?

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 08:40 AM
It still is very early. It is possible that we could get a new center and move Teague to tackle where he belongs.

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Teague is too small to play T.

eyedog
01-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Thats the problem, what is plan B ? If they bring in a free agent left tackle they are gonna have to put out some cash for him also. Teague will be below average at tackle or center, Mike has enough problems on the right side, I liked the rookie McFarland but he's not ready.
I really have no idea what TD is thinking for left tackle in 2005.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 08:48 AM

Is he?

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Thats the problem, what is plan B ? If they bring in a free agent left tackle they are gonna have to put out some cash for him also. Teague will be below average at tackle or center, Mike has enough problems on the right side, I liked the rookie McFarland but he's not ready.
I really have no idea what TD is thinking for left tackle in 2005.
Me neither. :huh:

I don't like overpaying for Jennings. He's not that good.

eyedog
01-13-2005, 08:59 AM
I don't like overpaying for him either, especially with his injury history but what are the alteratives. They're gonna have to pay to bring any free agent in so they might as well keep Jennings. Unless they bring in some second line fill in. I'm sure they will look to draft a tackle also but you can't throw that guy into left tackle.

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2005, 09:06 AM
My guess would be that they already have their eyes on a second tier guy like Villareal was last year.

dannyek71
01-13-2005, 09:33 AM

Thats why he played LT for a number of years on the Broncos 2 superbowl wins......

The LT is probably the best lineman on the OL, and he played LT for one of the best lines i have seen in a long while.......

finsrclowns
01-13-2005, 09:34 AM
I don't like overpaying for him either, especially with his injury history but what are the alteratives. They're gonna have to pay to bring any free agent in so they might as well keep Jennings. Unless they bring in some second line fill in. I'm sure they will look to draft a tackle also but you can't throw that guy into left tackle.

The Patriots drafted Matt Light with the 48th pick and he started right away. But it is unusual.

The_Philster
01-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Thats why he played LT for a number of years on the Broncos 2 superbowl wins......

The LT is probably the best lineman on the OL, and he played LT for one of the best lines i have seen in a long while.......

No doubt...we need to get our O-lineman to trim down to close to Teague's size and our O-line will be one of the best.

Marvelous
01-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Jennings is young and imo lineman that show promise early most likely progress into elite. Jennings is the real deal. We have beef with his health but that's it. He is worth big money and we are thin on the o-line. So whats not to like about keeping him? Pay him imo he's proved to be worth a nice contract. We need a LG bad and Teague is mediocre at best @ C. Losing JJ only creates another hole.
Just my 10 cents..

Michael82
01-13-2005, 10:18 PM
What is wrong with Marcus Price for LT? He's done a solid job when he has came in for Jennings before.

Ingtar33
01-14-2005, 07:11 PM

Teague was not their starting LT durring their superbowl runs. He wasn't even a starting lineman on their team until his last season with Denver.