Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 11:09 AM
Leaders of the pack

Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 11:10 AM
Bottom Feeders and Hacks

Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 11:25 AM
Wow, the poor cable guys really got screwed this week in the Ryan Miller deal. Both Sabre goaltenders were robbed of valuable starts, and stupid Yahoo didn't even activate Ryan Miller until AFTER his second apperance! The Cable guys barely made their 2 starts but got swept in the goaltending matchup anyway. And that's tough to doi with the crappy goalies of the East Bay Sharks.

The EBS got balanced scoring , no on eover 3 points. Satan and Slava Koslov led the Cable guys with 4 points each.

Did you see the fights in the Sabres/Bruins game? Cable guys loved that, as they doubled up the Sharks in PIM's

:chair:

MissBuffalo
11-25-2002, 11:35 AM
I finally won!!!! I'm on my way up!!!!

Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Sabre Ally's 5 goalie rotation salvaged what could have been an ugly week. Ed Belfour's back to back shutouts, followed up with efforts from her trio of backups (Legacy-Det, Hackett-Mon, Vokoun-Nash, Burke on IR) helped her go 4 for 5 in the goaltending area. Good thing, because her scoring sucks. The Rochester Sabres got lights outr performances from Eric Cole-Car (4G/3A), Ollie Jokkinen-FLA((3G/3A),Dick Tarnstrom-Pit(1G/6A), Glenn Murray-Bos (3G/1A) and a cast of thousands.....

Ally:baghead: :clap: Roch Sabres

Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 11:46 AM
Yuck Ties are for Father's day. And if they aren't 4 1/2 inches wide and made from highly flamable polyethelyne fibers and can be spotted from space, then they aren't worth mentioning. I should know, I won the fashion award from GQ (Goaltender's Quarterly).

Speaking of which, this was the best goalie duel of the week. Turco and Brodeur vs Roy. To Bad Roy didn't get more rubber thrown at him, with only 2 appearances . The Zamboni Kings owned the scoring led by Perrault-Mon (3G/1A) and squeeked out a 1 penalty minute edge. Blame Canada Needs scorers, and both these teams need a goon to up their penalty minutes. Zambonis could use another starting Goialie as well, but they are very scarce.

Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 11:54 AM
The league leading *****es continue their roll, albeit they met up with stiff opposition vs the struggling bbors squad. In what was probably the weakest goalie matchup of the week, bbors ' Guiguere-Anh, and Turek-Cal were not as bad as the usually stellar Thibault-Chi and the underrated Marc Denis-Cls.

The difference maker was 4ths Patrice Brisebois-Mon, (1G/3A) The flashy youngster Pascal Dupris-Min(1G/3A), and the veteran Alexi Yashin (1G/4A).

Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 12:05 PM
Another 5-5 tie. Ties are like kissing your sister. It would be one thing if your sister looked like Shania Twain. But this is LoG and Dozer we are talking about. I think the sister is looking more like Mark Twain in drag. (Allthough I hear it is acceptable in places like Saskatchewan)

This matchup had everything. The Kind Sharks edged the DDogs in a wild scoring shootout, with Naslund-Van, Sellane, Pallfy-LA, and Mark Parrish-NYI all netting 3 goals apiece.

The DDogs got 10 points from BDuff's love slave Mario Lemieux (2G/8A), 4 goals from Marian Gaborik-Min, and 2G/2A from Martin Straka. Both sides also got steady goaltending as well. The +/- edge went to the wire, as the Sharks managed to edge the DDogs by a 30 FREAKIN GOAL DIFFERENTIAL! DDOGS COULDN'T WIN THAT CATEGORY FROM A TEAM MADE UP ENTIRELY OF 20 TIM CONNOLYS!

Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 12:13 PM
The Atomic Junkyard Dogs have found the secret to success. Draft well, throw the boys on to the frozen pond, and take a nap until the season is over. The AJD's took the goaltending in this one, while BENCHING Dwayne Roloson, whom is 8-3-2 this year , 1 shutout, and has not dressed for this team.

Leading the Atomics was Jan Hirdina-Pit woth 4 goals. Vince Damphousse managed 4 assists for the PBB's.

Earthquake Enyart
11-25-2002, 12:16 PM
Vince Damphousse is my best player. How sad is that?

Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 12:24 PM
The Typ0 slashers are not that far away from moving from one of the suckiest teams to just being average/sucky. :)

He dominated the scoring ledger over Professor Clump, but got edged by the slightest of margins in the Goaltending categories. Cechmanek-Phi & Boucher-Pho edged the steady Goalie duo of Braithwaite -Stl & Kolzig-Was.

Leading the Typos were Gonchar & Jagr(1G/3A each ) and the suprising Marian Hossa-Ott (3G/1A)

Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 12:49 PM
These two evenly matched teams battled right down to the wire.
Old Man Brett Hull(2G/2A) and Michael Nylander (3G/3A) led the Puckheads. Saku Koivu ((3G/2A) and Brendan Morrisson-Van(1G/3A) led the Rochester Wildcats.

The Puckheads need to get serious here. 10 PIM? I think the Pink Uni's and Pink locker room have really taken the piss and vinegar out of this club. Now I will say this, she does have the most talented group of walking wounded out there. :injured: Jason Allison (Torn ACL-12 weeks or more) G-Brent Johnson-StL( Ankle sprain-out indefinatly) Jozef Stumple (DTD-Hand) all were unavailable.

And let's not forget Stevie Y. He's on IR and as Yahoo reported- Two-hour osteotomy performed - Out 3-6 months. What the hell is that? Is that where an OB-GYN tie his tubes or something?....I just don't know...... Hey- I guess you could always pick up Chris Pronger. He's out for 3-4 months as well.....:injured:

I would seriously think about biting the bullet on this one and drop one or two of the IR guys to pick up some tough guys who can contribute. The top tough guys avaikable are Kevin Sawyer of Anaheim, Matt Johnson of Minnesota, and PJ Stock of the Bruins.

Kip Miller and Eric Belanger are the top available assist guys (allthough Miller was just removed from the Jagr line), And Patrick Stephan-Atl, Rem Murray-NYR, and Mike Grier-Was are the best available all around forwards. Time to drop a dime and get ahold of their agents. :phone: :help:

Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 12:51 PM
Uncle Don wants to remind everyone to set their rosters in advance if you plan on travelling for the holidays. No sense getting mashed like grandma's potatoes because you didn't pay attention.

Have a safe and happy holiday, you punks!!

clumping platelets
11-25-2002, 12:59 PM
Woo hoo!!

clump :spanku: Typ0

northernbillfan
11-25-2002, 04:03 PM
It would not have been a tie, had I been able to set my team up for Saturday. Computer problems kept me from doing just that.
:angry:

Look out this week....

BironsGirl43
11-25-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Don Cherry
These two evenly matched teams battled right down to the wire.
Old Man Brett Hull(2G/2A) and Michael Nylander (3G/3A) led the Puckheads. Saku Koivu ((3G/2A) and Brendan Morrisson-Van(1G/3A) led the Rochester Wildcats.

The Puckheads need to get serious here. 10 PIM? I think the Pink Uni's and Pink locker room have really taken the piss and vinegar out of this club. Now I will say this, she does have the most talented group of walking wounded out there. :injured: Jason Allison (Torn ACL-12 weeks or more) G-Brent Johnson-StL( Ankle sprain-out indefinatly) Jozef Stumple (DTD-Hand) all were unavailable.

And let's not forget Stevie Y. He's on IR and as Yahoo reported- Two-hour osteotomy performed - Out 3-6 months. What the hell is that? Is that where an OB-GYN tie his tubes or something?....I just don't know...... Hey- I guess you could always pick up Chris Pronger. He's out for 3-4 months as well.....:injured:

I would seriously think about biting the bullet on this one and drop one or two of the IR guys to pick up some tough guys who can contribute. The top tough guys avaikable are Kevin Sawyer of Anaheim, Matt Johnson of Minnesota, and PJ Stock of the Bruins.

Kip Miller and Eric Belanger are the top available assist guys (allthough Miller was just removed from the Jagr line), And Patrick Stephan-Atl, Rem Murray-NYR, and Mike Grier-Was are the best available all around forwards. Time to drop a dime and get ahold of their agents. :phone: :help:

LOL pink unis!! hehehee.. no are PIM really that important?!?!

I know.. my injured guys are awesome.. but once I drop them.. I'll lose them and when they get back I won't have anything to show for it...

Anyways.. my team sucked this week... lol..

Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 06:13 PM
Every category is equal. You could have the Great Gretzky score 10 goals in a week for your squad, but it is only 1 category out of 13 . One good Rob Ray meltdown could earn you 17 PIM's. That is 1 category less your opponent could carry.

+/- is another one. Look at Teppo Numinnen on your team. He's murdering your +/-. Even if he had 2 goals and 7 assists, (he's only got 1G/2A now), you would be better off getting rid of him for a solid +/- guy. It's another stat that you can take from your opponent.

Look at Kevin Sawyer, LW Anaheim. He's got the same scoring stats as Tapeworm Newmann or whatever his name is but he's ranked 175th in the league.

Why? Tapeworm is a -8 and has 10 PIMs (giving him a rank of 624). Sawyer is a 0 and has 88 PIMs. That's 1 or 2 more wins per week, and the difference between you being 5th or 2nd or 3rd. You are not going to be playing the Cable Guys every week.

Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 06:28 PM
As far as hanging on to the injured. There are a lot of great players on IR that have not been claimed , like Chris pronger.

Roster spots are to valuable to fill with "future prospects" . Drop them, and pick them up again in another month.

BironsGirl43
11-25-2002, 07:39 PM
Ok I will do that!!! But I'm keeping the guys that will be healthy soon like Stumpel and Johnson..

Don Cherry
11-25-2002, 08:21 PM
Good move!

Sabre Ally
11-25-2002, 10:09 PM
As long as a guy is on IR and not just DtD, you can put him in your IR spot and he DOES NOT count against your total roster. So, you can hang on to one guy that's on IR and it won't hurt your production.

Fat Tony
11-25-2002, 10:19 PM
She's got 3 guys on IR

Sabre Ally
11-25-2002, 10:21 PM
I know. I was just saying she could keep one in the IR spot and drop the others, she doesn't have to get rid of them all.

MissBuffalo
11-26-2002, 01:38 PM
you can put more than one player on IR in this league??

Sabre Ally
11-26-2002, 09:04 PM
No. Just one. That was stupid of me, if I had to do it over again I would have allowed at least three.

BironsGirl43
11-26-2002, 09:26 PM
Hey DON.. check out my team now.. what else should I do?