PDA

View Full Version : For what it's worth 1/12/05

finsrclowns
01-12-2005, 10:45 PM
*There's two things that still tick me off about the Bills losing to Pitt and missing the playoffs- 1) I KNOW we would have looked better in losing to the Colts than Jake the Fake and the Broncos and 2) the Jests are still playing.

*From the just wondering depatment: Do Amigos talk about Bledsoe on blind dates? "Ah Susan let's get to know each other better. What's your favorite color? Blue? That reminds me, doesn't Bledsoe suck ass?"

*Randy Moss pretended to moon the crowd last week. But leaving the field the week before when the game wasn't over yet was mooning his team mates.

*Managing the salary cap is a tough business, especially when you have no reasonable alternatives to paying guys more than you'd like. In Williams and Moulds you have two still productive players on the downslope of their careers but their costs are headed the other direction.

*Darrell Jackson had better #'s this year than Moulds, but every time you look up he's dropping a key pass. Receivers that continually drop the ball are like a cancer eating away at the core of an offense. Hopefully Moulds solves his bout with the dropsies or he could be on his way to being the most overpaid receiver in the NFL.

*What TD does to address the LT position is the 2nd most fascinating issue to be decided this offseason, besides you know what.

*Yeah, I'm still down about the Pitt game, but a big thanks to the Bills (yes, Drew Bledsoe included) for making a run at the playoffs. It was fun while it lasted.

jdenning
01-12-2005, 10:54 PM
ok first of all Drew and playoff run dont belong in the same sentence i dont know how you can sit there and say he was apart of it, we were a running team and a defensive team, its pathetic drew couldnt do ne thing with a rb like mcgahee play action or ne thing he is terrible we better have a new QB next year, drew is the reason we didnt make the playoffs against pittsburgh he sat in the pocket like a deer in headlights when he took that sack for a fumble and just played like typical drew on must win games he will always be a terrible big game QB get rid of him TD................................. Losman, Brees, anyone!! Flutie.. someone!! rescue this team!!

BSXIII
01-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Finsrclowns,

In all seriousness, that was the best and funniest post I've read on this board. The :10: smiley does not do it justice. It made great points while adding humor at the same time. Great post!!!!

northernbillfan
01-13-2005, 03:52 AM
*From the just wondering depatment: Do Amigos talk about Bledsoe on blind dates? "Ah Susan let's get to know each other better. What's your favorite color? Blue? That reminds me, doesn't Bledsoe suck ass?"
:roflmao:

*Yeah, I'm still down about the Pitt game, but a big thanks to the Bills (yes, Drew Bledsoe included) for making a run at the playoffs. It was fun while it lasted.
:bf1:

Great thread!

finsrclowns
01-13-2005, 07:49 AM
ok first of all Drew and playoff run dont belong in the same sentence i dont know how you can sit there and say he was apart of it, we were a running team and a defensive team, its pathetic drew couldnt do ne thing with a rb like mcgahee play action or ne thing he is terrible we better have a new QB next year, drew is the reason we didnt make the playoffs against pittsburgh he sat in the pocket like a deer in headlights when he took that sack for a fumble and just played like typical drew on must win games he will always be a terrible big game QB get rid of him TD................................. Losman, Brees, anyone!! Flutie.. someone!! rescue this team!!

You have reached the Amigo's hot line. To join the Amigo's, press 1. To purchase an Amigo's "Drew Bledsoe Sucks Ass" T-shirt press 2. To purchase the Amigo's new book "1001 ways to turn a thread into Drew Bashing" press 3. To schedule a trip to the sanitarium the day Drew is named the starter for next season, press 4. If you just want to b!tch about the QB, press 0 and a customer service rep will listen to your rant. :dance:

The King
01-13-2005, 07:51 AM
You have reached the Amigo's hot line. To join the Amigo's, press 1. To purchase an Amigo's "Drew Bledsoe Sucks Ass" T-shirt press 2. To purchase the Amigo's new book "1001 ways to turn a thread into Drew Bashing" press 3. To schedule a trip to the sanitarium the day Drew is named the starter for next season, press 4. If you just want to b!tch about the QB, press 0 and a customer service rep will listen to your rant. :dance:

AMAZING!!!!

jdenning
01-13-2005, 07:53 AM
0000000000000000000000000000000, Bledoe Sucks 2005 will be a waste of time were going to be an underachieving team we have a super bowl defense that deserves better

finsrclowns
01-13-2005, 08:42 AM
0000000000000000000000000000000, Bledoe Sucks 2005 will be a waste of time were going to be an underachieving team we have a super bowl defense that deserves better

I know a lot of people feel like you do. My suggestion? Relax, you've got Master Card. In a way it's a good thing because it's much easier to win when expectations are not too high. Personally I can't wait. Let the countdown begin. I've got my direct TV with Sunday ticket and I may try to get to a game like this year. And as of February 7th the Bills are tied for 1st place in the AFCE. :dance:

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 08:56 AM

What's wrong about wanting the bills to make playoffs? That's all we want and Drew isn't the qb to take us there. We have 3 years to prove that.The last 2 years were not entirely his fault but this year, he was the weakest link on this team. NO.1 ST, No.2 D, no. 7 running....no. 26 passing.

What's wrong w/ fixing WHAT IS BROKEN?

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 08:59 AM
And as of February 7th the Bills are tied for 1st place in the AFCE. :dance:but no playoff appearance and no SB. You're happy about that?

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 09:08 AM

I am sure that if Bledsoe wasnt' in there we would have made that run with Mathews or rookie JP. :rolleyes:

helmetguy
01-13-2005, 09:12 AM
I am sure that if Bledsoe wasnt' in there we would have made that run with Mathews or rookie JP. :rolleyes:
Of Course!

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 09:15 AM
I am sure that if Bledsoe wasnt' in there we would have made that run with Mathews or rookie JP. :rolleyes:and I'm sure that if Drew wasn't in there, we would have a chance to beat stronger teams that Drew sucked in. All we needed was a caretaker and we'd be in the playoffs.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 09:19 AM
and I'm sure that if Drew wasn't in there, we would have a chance to beat stronger teams that Drew sucked in. All we needed was a caretaker and we'd be in the playoffs.

So you think that Mathews or JP would have been better?

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Again I know Drew isn't the answer long term and most likely will never win us a superbowl but lets not get crazy here.

finsrclowns
01-13-2005, 09:23 AM
but no playoff appearance and no SB. You're happy about that?

Playoffs? Good chance but there are a lot of good teams in the AFC so it's not a lock by any means. Super Bowl? That's a long shot for every NFL city except maybe NE and I think Brady will be getting a big payday next year which could change their situation. We're a few players away from being elite with or without a change in QB. It's going to be a challenge for TD to keep improving the team with the salary cap but my feeling is we will be in the mix. And for the record....yes, I'm very happy about that. :dance:

northernbillfan
01-13-2005, 09:34 AM
... To schedule a trip to the sanitarium the day Drew is named the starter for next season, press 4.
Frikking hilarious!!!

DraftBoy
01-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Again I know Drew isn't the answer long term and most likely will never win us a superbowl but lets not get crazy here.

Now I am no Amigo, and im definetly not a DLC, but this statement right here is what alot of fans have a problem with. If you know that a QB will not get you the ultimate goal then why waste your time playing him? To me that make no sense, now that is not a knock on Bledsoe or anybody just a knock on that type of mentality. Personally im all for open competition in TC as I think about 70% of the board is.

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 09:38 AM
I am sure that if Bledsoe wasnt' in there we would have made that run with Mathews or rookie JP. :rolleyes:Are you implying Drew was the reason for the run? :rofl:

If JP wasn't injured, I say yes.

Check out Drews nos.

PASSING
CP/AT YDS TD INT
D. Bledsoe 15/24 185 3 1 Rams .......... Rams suck . ave nos.
D. Bledsoe 25/37 275 1 3 Seahawks ...... 3 int's?
D. Bledsoe 19/30 277 4 0 Miami Great game. It's good thing theirstarters were out.
D. Bledsoe 12/27 100 1 1 Browns ....... WTF?
D. Bledsoe 15/30 183 1 0 Bengals ....... Bengals have a decent D but ave. nos.
D. Bledsoe 21/32 172 1 0 San Fran ........ Worst in the NFL.

As you can see other than Miami Drew was average at best. One can even argue we were winning despite of him. Some of us got blasted for criticzing him during the run because we said he needs to play better against stronger teams. Well WE WEREN"T WRONG AGAINST PItts, were we?

Should I even bring up his stas against the better teams?

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Playoffs? Good chance but there are a lot of good teams in the AFC so it's not a lock by any means. :YES, Playoffs. We were 1 game away from it. If our passing O was ranked 15, we would've been in.

We're a few players away from being elite with or without a change in QB. Like I said, most playoff teams don't have the D and ST we have but they have a way better passing game than we do which is why they are in the playoffs and we're not

We are also an above average qb away from making it deep in the playoffs. Obviously our QB is not good enough for us to make it in.

And for the record....yes, I'm very happy about that. :dance: That's the difference between you and I. I want a sb win and all you want is a winning season. Anyone who's happy w/ just a winning season is no different from a Bengals and Cards fan. Maybe sweeping the fins is good enough for you? :D.

finsrclowns
01-13-2005, 09:47 AM
What's wrong about wanting the bills to make playoffs? That's all we want and Drew isn't the qb to take us there. We have 3 years to prove that.The last 2 years were not entirely his fault but this year, he was the weakest link on this team. NO.1 ST, No.2 D, no. 7 running....no. 26 passing.

What's wrong w/ fixing WHAT IS BROKEN?

Look there's NOTHING wrong with wanting that. We all do. And there's nothing wrong with thinking we need to change QB's. My main issue with the amigo's is: 1) they are an amazingly boring group to read 2) they are WAY too focused on the play of one guy 3) the level of animosity for a Bill player often strikes me as being over the top and a bit odd. But that's just me! :blush:

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Look there's NOTHING wrong with wanting that. We all do. And there's nothing wrong with thinking we need to change QB's. My main issue with the amigo's is: 1) they are an amazingly boring group to read 2) they are WAY too focused on the play of one guy 3) the level of animosity for a Bill player often strikes me as being over the top and a bit odd. But that's just me! :blush:You started this thread. You set up a Drew sucks thread the minute you made your 1st post. :D.

finsrclowns
01-13-2005, 10:00 AM
You started this thread. You set up a Drew sucks thread the minute you made your 1st post. :D.

:roflmao:

Forward_Lateral
01-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Are you implying Drew was the reason for the run? :rofl:

If JP wasn't injured, I say yes.

Check out Drews nos.

PASSING
CP/AT YDS TD INT
D. Bledsoe 15/24 185 3 1 Rams .......... Rams suck . ave nos.
D. Bledsoe 25/37 275 1 3 Seahawks ...... 3 int's?
D. Bledsoe 19/30 277 4 0 Miami Great game. It's good thing theirstarters were out.
D. Bledsoe 12/27 100 1 1 Browns ....... WTF?
D. Bledsoe 15/30 183 1 0 Bengals ....... Bengals have a decent D but ave. nos.
D. Bledsoe 21/32 172 1 0 San Fran ........ Worst in the NFL.

As you can see other than Miami Drew was average at best. One can even argue we were winning despite of him. Some of us got blasted for criticzing him during the run because we said he needs to play better against stronger teams. Well WE WEREN"T WRONG AGAINST PItts, were we?

Should I even bring up his stas against the better teams?

The only stat that matters: 6 Wins. I love how the "amigos" forget that our Special Teams gave Drew and the offense half a field to work with a lot of times. Don't forget Willis ran for 100 yards in 7 games too. That's not good enough though, we need Drew throw for 5 TDs and 300 plus yards every game for you guys to be happy. If I'm not mistaken, the offense, which was led by Drew, scored an average of over 30 points in those games mentioned above. The games were completely out of hand by the 3rd quarter, would you rather have the Bills throw the ball more when they are up a ton of points just so Drew can pad his stats?

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 10:30 AM
The only stat that matters: 6 Wins. I love how the "amigos" forget that our Special Teams gave Drew and the offense half a field to work with a lot of times. Don't forget Willis ran for 100 yards in 7 games too. I am not ignoring the 6 wins. Just like it's not all Drew's fault, he's not solely responsible for those wins like you yourself said by bringing up the ST and Willis, etc. which is my point.

You also might want to check out the other threads where I stated that D and ST gave Drew great field position . Not denying that. Do not ignore however they did so against better teams too and yet he blew it.

That's not good enough though, we need Drew throw for 5 TDs and 300 plus yards every game for you guys to be happy. If I'm not mistaken, the offense, which was led by Drew, scored an average of over 30 points in those games mentioned above. No. Drew does not have to score 5 td's, he just didn't have to suck in those other games that we lost and we would have one 1 game which was enough for us to get in.

The games were completely out of hand by the 3rd quarter, would you rather have the Bills throw the ball more when they are up a ton of points just so Drew can pad his stats? Like I said if he played caretaker, that would have been enough. Games were out of hand w/ the help of the D and ST too. Drew wasn't solely responsible for that.

In the end, ST no. 1, D no. 2 run no. 7 and the weakest link....our passing game. Even w/ a qb rating of 100 a passing game could be ranked 26th if our QB was not making mistakes but simply being a caretaker. This wasn't the case. We were ranked 26th because our qb was ranked at the bottom.

Dilfer was fired after winning a sb w/ Drew like nos. in our win streak . Difference is, Dilfer had those nos. against winning teams too and as a result, a sb win.

TedMock
01-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Are you implying Drew was the reason for the run? One can even argue we were winning despite of him.

This is what kills me. First of all, I'm absolutely ready for a QB change, if that's what needs to be done to get us over the edge. I couldn't care less who starts next season, primarily because I truly believe we'll go through periods of bad decision making no matter what. We know what Drew is, we don't fully know what Losman is, but we do know that he just came off a rookie campaign where he was injured most of the time, we also know that he's still immature, and by all accounts, a "raw" talent. Hopefully he grows up, sooner than later. I'm by no means opposed to getting him in there, but I'm not excited about either guy. However, as bad as Bledsoe looked at times, he played average or above average in most games. He had 4 games that I would consider bad. The others were at least average. Am I happy with that? Absolutely not, but I can't legitimately say that we won despite having an average QB. If we won despite 2 or more INT's every week, then the statement would hold weight. A lot of teams win with good defense and average QB play. Bring in JP, I'm all for it. I think if we bulk up the o-line and not ask him to do a lot, we'll be okay. Hopefully he progresses, and we can put as little pressure as possible on him until he's fully ready for it. Until then, build this team around Willis, and implement JP's strengths into that scheme. NOT the other way around.

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 10:38 AM
This is what kills me. First of all, I'm absolutely ready for a QB change, if that's what needs to be done to get us over the edge. I couldn't care less who starts next season, primarily because I truly believe we'll go through periods of bad decision making no matter what. We know what Drew is, we don't fully know what Losman is, but we do know that he just came off a rookie campaign where he was injured most of the time, we also know that he's still immature, and by all accounts, a "raw" talent. Hopefully he grows up, sooner than later. I'm by no means opposed to getting him in there, but I'm not excited about either guy. However, as bad as Bledsoe looked at times, he played average or above average in most games. He had 4 games that I would consider bad. The others were at least average. Am I happy with that? Absolutely not, but I can't legitimately say that we won despite having an average QB. If we won despite 2 or more INT's every week, then the statement would hold weight. A lot of teams win with good defense and average QB play. Bring in JP, I'm all for it. I think if we bulk up the o-line and not ask him to do a lot, we'll be okay. Hopefully he progresses, and we can put as little pressure as possible on him until he's fully ready for it. Until then, build this team around Willis, and implement JP's strengths into that scheme. NOT the other way around. I agree, it's a tough situation. We know we aren't going anywhere w/ Drew unless we have an all probowl OL.

Jp is an unknown. If the ST, running game and D continues to play like it did this year, all JP has to do is play caretaker while getting experience.

Absolutely not, but I can't legitimately say that we won despite having an average QB. He was average against weak teams and horrible against better teams for the most part.

Jax for example, Drew didn't play badly but he wasn't great either. The D for the most part held jax but in the end they folded . How much are we paying Drew to play like he did against Jax is another question. He is paid to play better than that.

Michael82
01-13-2005, 10:49 AM
*There's two things that still tick me off about the Bills losing to Pitt and missing the playoffs- 1) I KNOW we would have looked better in losing to the Colts than Jake the Fake and the Broncos and 2) the Jests are still playing.

*Randy Moss pretended to moon the crowd last week. But leaving the field the week before when the game wasn't over yet was mooning his team mates.

*Managing the salary cap is a tough business, especially when you have no reasonable alternatives to paying guys more than you'd like. In Williams and Moulds you have two still productive players on the downslope of their careers but their costs are headed the other direction.

*Darrell Jackson had better #'s this year than Moulds, but every time you look up he's dropping a key pass. Receivers that continually drop the ball are like a cancer eating away at the core of an offense. Hopefully Moulds solves his bout with the dropsies or he could be on his way to being the most overpaid receiver in the NFL.

*What TD does to address the LT position is the 2nd most fascinating issue to be decided this offseason, besides you know what.

Great post, man! :bf1:

Michael82
01-13-2005, 10:49 AM
:roflmao: That is ****ing hilarious!

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Let's compare our Bills w/ a team that's comparable but in the playoffs.

Our D is n0.1 Jets is 7

ST bills 1 .Jet's who knows?

Rushing ,Martin is no. 1 but Willis is 7. Could've been better had Willis started earlier.

Passing O Jets 22 Bills 25

It's close now let's the where the huge difference is ....

QB, Chad is 11 and Drew is 25. Bling!!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Now I am no Amigo, and im definetly not a DLC, but this statement right here is what alot of fans have a problem with. If you know that a QB will not get you the ultimate goal then why waste your time playing him? To me that make no sense, now that is not a knock on Bledsoe or anybody just a knock on that type of mentality. Personally im all for open competition in TC as I think about 70% of the board is.

What do you have a problem with? I am commenting on the fact that I don't think there is much chance we would have gone on that winning streak with Matthews or JP. Do you disagree? Do you think that That a crap journeyman(Mathews) or a Rookie who missed most of the year(JP) would have stepped up and won the New England game, or any other big game for that matter? I want better for my team and I am hoping with a good offseason JP can be ready for next year. There was no one else to put in last year so arguing about this is a waste. I have no control over who the Bills play or sign so I have to go with what we are given.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 11:17 AM
Look there's NOTHING wrong with wanting that. We all do. And there's nothing wrong with thinking we need to change QB's. My main issue with the amigo's is: 1) they are an amazingly boring group to read 2) they are WAY too focused on the play of one guy 3) the level of animosity for a Bill player often strikes me as being over the top and a bit odd. But that's just me! :blush:

Bingo.

trapezeus
01-13-2005, 11:38 AM
What's the phone number for this hotline. I want a tshirt.:funny:

helmetguy
01-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Just so I have this straight...the Bills went 9-7 on the season, but Bledsoe was 0-16?

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Apperently helmut.

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Just so I have this straight...the Bills went 9-7 on the season, but Bledsoe was 0-16?nope , Drew and the bills went 9-7 but could've been better if Drew wasn't below average:up:

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 11:52 AM
nope , Drew and the bills went 9-7 but could've been better if Drew wasn't below average:up:

Possibly but who should we have put in?

Michael82
01-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Shane Matthews or we should have signed Mark Brunell or Kurt Warner. :lol:

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2005, 11:57 AM
I love it when they bust the numbers out, thurm.

helmetguy
01-13-2005, 11:58 AM
Thurm, you silly man. Haven't you figured it out? JP was supposed to be the starter, orthopedic boot and all, Shane Matthews as the backup, and Travis Henry as the emergency QB. We'd have been 15-1. Bledsoe got us 0 wins and seven losses, os he had to be 0-16. What's so hard to figure out?

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Possibly but who should we have put in? At this point in time, it won't matter . Going w/ Mathews then would've been stupid too. It's over and done. I only talk about the season because I want Drew gone.

TigerJ
01-13-2005, 12:06 PM
One thing I've learned about football fans while posting on fan forums over the last several years: Nobody feels neutral about any QB. We either hate 'em, or we love 'em. They are, of course the most critical player on the field simply because they handle the ball on every play. Yet I suspect that the attentions we give them exceeds even the level of their importance to the team. I am proud to be a member of neither the amigos or the DLC. I think both sides have been guilty of excesses in the opinions they express about DB.

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 12:13 PM
One thing I've learned about football fans while posting on fan forums over the last several years: Nobody feels neutral about any QB. We either hate 'em, or we love 'em. They are, of course the most critical player on the field simply because they handle the ball on every play. Yet I suspect that the attentions we give them exceeds even the level of their importance to the team. I am proud to be a member of neither the amigos or the DLC. I think both sides have been guilty of excesses in the opinions they express about DB.Not as far as I'm concerend. I neither hated nor loved drew at the start of the year. I was optimistic that he could at least lead us to the playoffs. But enough is enough. After 3 years ,he's another Rob Johnson on the field as far as I'm concerened.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Not as far as I'm concerend. I neither hated nor loved drew at the start of the year. I was optimistic that he could at least lead us to the playoffs. But enough is enough. After 3 years ,he's another Rob Johnson on the field as far as I'm concerened.

See we agree on this point. What I have been arguing about with you is the fact that it is a waste of time to worry about bringing up all these stats about how bad Drew is and what not. The fact remains that this past season once it had started he was our best option. Mathews is a backup at best and JP was a rookie(that missed a great deal of practice time). All this Drew blew, So and so is better is a waste of all our time. Amigos, DLC, Legion, Ostrich club lets just focus on the fact that hopefully next year JP will be ready, and there will be an open comp. I don't really think that Drew should be cut because it is a waste of money and time IMO. If it happens that Drew wins the qb battle outright I will be ok with that because I know that if he Struggles Mularky will be more apt to pull the plug because JP will have more experience.

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 02:08 PM
See we agree on this point. What I have been arguing about with you is the fact that it is a waste of time to worry about bringing up all these stats about how bad Drew is and what not. The fact remains that this past season once it had started he was our best option. Mathews is a backup at best and JP was a rookie(that missed a great deal of practice time). All this Drew blew, So and so is better is a waste of all our time. Amigos, DLC, Legion, Ostrich club lets just focus on the fact that hopefully next year JP will be ready, and there will be an open comp. I don't really think that Drew should be cut because it is a waste of money and time IMO. If it happens that Drew wins the qb battle outright I will be ok with that because I know that if he Struggles Mularky will be more apt to pull the plug because JP will have more experience. :peace:

Philagape
01-13-2005, 03:40 PM
I don't think anyone who criticizes Drew thinks JP or Matthews could have done better. We were screwed at QB regardless. That's not the point ... the point is the FUTURE, and the FUTURE is NOT Drew. He has proven that over and over and over, and critics point to his performance to demonstrate that.

The_Philster
01-13-2005, 03:46 PM
I love it when they bust the numbers out, thurm.

yeah...almost reminds you of when you-know-who was posting ad nauseum :laughter:

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't think anyone who criticizes Drew thinks JP or Matthews could have done better. We were screwed at QB regardless. That's not the point ... the point is the FUTURE, and the FUTURE is NOT Drew. He has proven that over and over and over, and critics point to his performance to demonstrate that.

Then why continue to bring it up and argue about it?

The_Philster
01-13-2005, 04:08 PM

it's called obsession, Thurm

DraftBoy
01-13-2005, 04:28 PM
What do you have a problem with? I am commenting on the fact that I don't think there is much chance we would have gone on that winning streak with Matthews or JP. Do you disagree? Do you think that That a crap journeyman(Mathews) or a Rookie who missed most of the year(JP) would have stepped up and won the New England game, or any other big game for that matter? I want better for my team and I am hoping with a good offseason JP can be ready for next year. There was no one else to put in last year so arguing about this is a waste. I have no control over who the Bills play or sign so I have to go with what we are given.

Could you have taken my post anymore out of context? I was not arguing that our winning streak could of happened has JP or Matthews been in there. Do I think it could of, no and yes. I think we would of won some games we lost but I also think we would of lost some of the games we won. So lets call it a draw. My problem was with the comment that you said that you know Drew will most likely never win us a super bowl. If thats the metality you choose to take then why bother playing anybody who we dont like as a person. lets just play the best personalities we can find bc apparently it doesnt matter what the result is. If thats not how your comments were intended than that is fine too, but the statement just didnt sit well with me, bc to me it said that you were actually ok with playing a QB you were pretty sure couldnt win you a super bowl.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Again why keep arguing? I am not in favor of Bledsoe in 05. Either way who the F cares what you or I think. I have nothing to do with the process. I am just a fan. My whole point was that last year Drew was our best option. Hands down. Was that good enough? NO. Will we improve on that this year? Only if JP lights it up IMO. I doubt we bring in any other big named QBs.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 04:38 PM
I think we are pretty much on the same page now DB. We are just arguing about details now it seems.

Philagape
01-13-2005, 04:58 PM

It will be brought up until another QB is named the starter.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Why? What good does that do? Especially since pretty much everyone agrees.

The_Philster
01-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Why? What good does that do? Especially since pretty much everyone agrees.

Because some people aren't happy unless they can argue about something

Mr. Cynical
01-13-2005, 05:10 PM
I don't think anyone who criticizes Drew thinks JP or Matthews could have done better. We were screwed at QB regardless. That's not the point ... the point is the FUTURE, and the FUTURE is NOT Drew. He has proven that over and over and over, and critics point to his performance to demonstrate that. :bf1:

Agreed, although had JP not been injured, I would have started getting him in there after the Baltimore debaucle. Maybe we wouldn't have made the playoffs (as we didn't with Drew), but we'd now have a more experienced JP heading into next year, i.e., the future.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 05:11 PM
It is well said, but it is a known fact, and it is getting a little old to hear it every second.

Philagape
01-13-2005, 05:56 PM
The point of a message board is a free exchange of ideas, and as last week's poll indicated, we're not all agreed on this issue.

DraftBoy
01-13-2005, 06:16 PM
I think we are pretty much on the same page now DB. We are just arguing about details now it seems.

I agree, I think i misunderstood what you said. I still cant wait for TC to start!

finsrclowns
01-13-2005, 08:09 PM
YES, Playoffs. We were 1 game away from it. If our passing O was ranked 15, we would've been in.

Unfair criticism. That's not the style offense we were running. It was a power running/short passing offense. The model was the Steelers. The difference? Their running game was much better and they pass block better so they have a higher % of middle to long passes. Even at that their passing offense was ranked 28th.

Like I said, most playoff teams don't have the D and ST we have but they have a way better passing game than we do which is why they are in the playoffs and we're not

We are also an above average qb away from making it deep in the playoffs. Obviously our QB is not good enough for us to make it in.

That's the difference between you and I. I want a sb win and all you want is a winning season. Anyone who's happy w/ just a winning season is no different from a Bengals and Cards fan. Maybe sweeping the fins is good enough for you? :D.

Don't put words in my mouth my friend. We all WANT a SB win, but only one team can win it. It could be us and God knows I want it to be. What I said was I feel good about having a shot to win it all. That's all any fan can ask. A lot of things have to come together to win a SB. IMO an upgrade to our o-line will translate to an upgrade in Bledsoe's #'s, or JP's if we go that way. This year 78% of our pass attempts were under 10 yards, highest in the league. That was done for a reason- to limit sacks and increase efficiency. We went to that system after the 3rd game and won 9 out of 13 with it. I think we're on the right track.

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Again why keep arguing? .A DLC memeber started the thread. I only responded.

justasportsfan
01-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Unfair criticism. That's not the style offense we were running. It was a power running/short passing offense. The model was the Steelers. The difference? Their running game was much better and they pass block better so they have a higher % of middle to long passes. Even at that their passing offense was ranked 28th..You left out, the Rookie Ben is way better qb than Drew.

the ravens had a running game when they won the sb and nothing else on O but yet they won because Dilfer was a great caretaker. Drew couldn't even be a decent caretaker.

Don't put words in my mouth my friend. We all WANT a SB win, but only one team can win it. It could be us and God knows I want it to be. What I said was I feel good about having a shot to win it all. That's all any fan can ask. A lot of things have to come together to win a SB. IMO an upgrade to our o-line will translate to an upgrade in Bledsoe's #'s, or JP's if we go that way. This year 78% of our pass attempts were under 10 yards, highest in the league. That was done for a reason- to limit sacks and increase efficiency. We went to that system after the 3rd game and won 9 out of 13 with it. I think we're on the right track.
Well I would still be pissed on Feb. 7 because we went nowhere this year. Maybe it's easy for you to put the past behind when we could've gone somewhere.

Will you be happy again on Feb. 7 2006 if we miss playoffs in the next season?

finsrclowns
01-13-2005, 10:18 PM
You left out, the Rookie Ben is way better qb than Drew.

the ravens had a running game when they won the sb and nothing else on O but yet they won because Dilfer was a great caretaker. Drew couldn't even be a decent caretaker.

Well I would still be pissed on Feb. 7 because we went nowhere this year. Maybe it's easy for you to put the past behind when we could've gone somewhere.

Will you be happy again on Feb. 7 2006 if we miss playoffs in the next season?

Big Ben is the real deal I gotta agree with you. But IMO Drew is better than Dilfer, which is why I'm nowhere near as negative and angry as you are right now. It's hard for me to feel too bad because I know this year the Bills were not as good as the Colts, Steelers or Patriots. I wanted to get in, but winning 3 on the road to those teams would have been a tall order. Next year we'll be better, you'll see. I Bill-ieve. :dance:

justasportsfan
01-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Next year we'll be better, you'll see. I Bill-ieve. :dance:I said the same thing last year. Although we did get better. Maybe I shouldn't have expected us to get in. I'll expect the same from the qb position when playing strong teams next year if you know who is still the qb.

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Guess it didn't work!

finsrclowns
01-16-2005, 11:40 AM
I said the same thing last year. Although we did get better. Maybe I shouldn't have expected us to get in. I'll expect the same from the qb position when playing strong teams next year if you know who is still the qb.

Perhaps you can take some heart from the Pitt/Jets game yesterday which showed you don't need great QB play to win in the playoffs. Did Pitt win because of good play from Roethlisberger? More like in spite of him. Did the Jets almost win because of Pennington? Unless you consider generating 3 points on offense the key to victory, the answer would be no. People that get carried away with QB stats in the playoffs are missing the point- quite often QB #'s will be way off because you're playing good teams with good D's. The name of the game is make enough plays as a TEAM to get the job done.