PDA

View Full Version : No snow for Colts/NE game

mybills
01-13-2005, 05:35 AM
Temps will be about 32º, dropping to mid 20's by half time. The game time was pushed up to 4:45.
Also, it's expected to pour out on Friday and they won't cover the field at all this week. I don't know why the media made a big deal out of that, since Gillette is supposed to have a good drainage system. :crazy:

don137
01-13-2005, 06:23 AM
Even with a good drainage system I'm sure it still will make the ground a little softer thus helper slow down the Indy receiver so they are not quicker off the line so they are easier to bump and also will be more difficult for the Indy receivers to get separation.
It would surprise me if the ground crew watered the field on Saturday.

Earthquake Enyart
01-13-2005, 07:27 AM
The ground will be saturated, then freeze solid. It'll be an ice rink out there.

mybills
01-13-2005, 07:32 AM
That's the thing. It will drain. I think they made a big deal out of it like they were grasping at straws. They were hoping for snow because NE does good in snow games. Colts have a dome to practice in, and only have road games to experience snow. They sound nervous to me. :idunno:

eyedog
01-13-2005, 08:01 AM
How hard is it to cover the field ? It's not being covered for one reason. If it would have benefited the Pats to have the field covered it would be. It's not going to matter anyway because the Colts are gonna lay one on the Pats.

mybills
01-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Billichik said he's not the grounds keeper and that he's not worried about it. That's further proof that the media blew it up. If it doesn't matter for them, it won't matter to the Colts. :up:

eyedog
01-13-2005, 08:17 AM
Oh it matters. Don't think for a second that Belichik can't get that field covered if he wanted. He wants that field as bad as possible.

mybills
01-13-2005, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I'll bet they're STILL hoping for snow. :snicker:

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-13-2005, 08:54 AM
C'mon Colts!!!!

TedMock
01-13-2005, 03:36 PM
That was totally done on purpose, and it was brilliant. I hate the Pats, but it's their right to have a true home field advantage. They're not breaking any rules, and they're giving themselves an edge, by essentially doing nothing. I think it's smart. It may not work, but hey, at least they tried. Plus, the Colts have to at least be thinking "those *****s!" Oh well. Go Colts!!

ajsdx
01-13-2005, 09:11 PM
NFL rules say that if there is ANY chance of precipitation, the field must be covered the entire day and night before the game, which is what NE will have to do. However, since it's going to pour on Friday, the ground will probably be very muddy or icy.