• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

There's a big difference IMHO!

It's one thing to be a fan making up clever little names for players you don't like. Bledsoe/Blindsoe/Brady/Lady..etc..

But when a player does it?
    I won't say his name, but a Patriot player called the Colts kicker..Mike Vanderjerk.

Seems more classless coming from a player, don't you think?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Why wont you say his name? Its Harrison. And I think Vanderjadt antogonized him.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

It is classless but Vanderjagt is a jerk...My favorite is Parcells calling Terry Glenn a she

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

The worst I have seen is that humpty crap.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Brady Lady IS pretty funny!
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

The whole thing's blown way out of proportion. First of all, Vanderjagt's comments were not that bad. The Patriots ARE ripe for the picking- they lost to the 4-12 Dolphins, have a ridiculous amount of injuries, and their OC is completely distracted.

Second, Harrison would have been much better of to dismiss him by saying "He's the KICKER. Who cares what he said?". I agree w/ mybills- it's immature to go on national TV and make a joke like Vanderjerk. It's one thing for fans to do it on a message board, but giving interviews is part of their job and they should treat it more seriously.

Finally, even though his comments had some merit, "Vanderjerk" is stupid for providing bulletin board material. Remember Cleveland and Takeo Spikes? There's probably a million better examples, but that's the one that comes immediately to mind.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• finsrclowns
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by mybills
              Brady Lady IS pretty funny!
              I prefer "Marcia" for Brady myself.
              finsrclowns

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Remember Cleveland and Takeo Spikes? There's probably a million better examples, but that's the one that comes immediately to mind.
                Nope
                It was all

Comment

Working...
                X