PDA

View Full Version : Former Bills D coaches

justasportsfan
11-25-2002, 11:34 AM
Ted Cotrell took over the Jets D the same time Gray took over the bills. They may not have the best D but ours is worse and they swept us this year.

Wade, although has been proven to be a lousy HC was and still is a good defensive coordinator. Should the same thing be said about GW? The Falcons' D has done better than the bills D and Wade is in his first year as D-coord for the Falcons.

We had youth and injuries for excuses last year and no matter how you twist things arround, our rookies from last year have a year under their belt , we've hired FA's and we are probably the least injured team this year, so there are no excusest his time arround.

We've praised TD's moves in hiring players. Not all we're that great but supposedly better than what we had last year. It's getting to a point where we can now judge his decisions in hiring personnel.

Some people said that the bills are a draft away from the SB. I say we're a draft and a few coaches away from it. I've given up on Gray. Seems like this D has no heart or will to win. Most of all it has no confidence whatsoever.

Ebenezer
11-25-2002, 11:39 AM
no arguement here...not all coordinators are cut out to be coaches.

ublinkwescore
11-25-2002, 11:49 AM
There's no doubt in my mind that we've got the players right now to make the playoffs, I think the defensive scheme has got to go. I hope our offense's recent demise is the result of the D making them always have to play catchup. If we lose our next game, we should start implementing a new scheme right away - there's no way we're gonna make the playoffs unless we win the rest of our games - that's not gonna happen no matter how much we want to believe it.

The Falcons are going to be this year's Cinderella story superbowl winners - you heard it here first.

justasportsfan
11-25-2002, 11:59 AM
What's weird about it is that Td has always had an eye for talent. Why is it he can pick good rookies and none of the FA's he got has made huge impact on this team? a lot has been said about how he told Fletcher how he wanted him. We have good CB's, except for Watson who Gw seems to think will get better. De ja vu, anyone remember Rob? They can cover but when there is no QB pressure.....forget about it'. It really is all aboutg the coaching when you think about it.

Gray is another Sheppard IMO.

ArcticWildMan
11-25-2002, 12:03 PM
Interesting prediction about Atlanta. Wouldn't surprise me in the least either. They are peaking just about at the right time while everybody else in the NFC is faltering a little.

Ebenezer
11-25-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
There's no doubt in my mind that we've got the players right now to make the playoffs

i completely disagree....there is very little talent on this defense.

Everybody always screams about how good Pat Williams is. The guy was a good player when surrounded by Ted Washington, Phil Hansen et al. Who else? Chidi has played well but Shoelbel has had just a couple of good games and the rest of the line is a bunch of junk! Problems on the line result in overmatched LBs and CBs that can hold coverage for 8 seconds. This line sucks and the defense is NOT good enough to make the playoffs.

ArcticWildMan
11-25-2002, 12:45 PM
I don't think we are a playoff caliber Defense either. We need a speed rushing DE, and a lot more speed on our LB corps before we can be a serious contender.

Oh yeah...a new CB to replace Watson might help as well ;)

Patrick76777
11-25-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore

The Falcons are going to be this year's Cinderella story superbowl winners - you heard it here first.

http://www.billsfanzone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1870&highlight=Patrick76777

Check my post at the bottom. Browns over Falcons. Made back in September. The Browns pick is shaky, but I'm living off the Falcons pick.