PDA

View Full Version : If I was Kevin Gilbride...

TacklingDummy
11-25-2002, 12:38 PM
My game plan for the rest of the year would be how to teach Drew Bledose to get rid of the ball quick.

Look at Rich Gannon and what Brady did to us. They get rid of the ball fast.

Drew holds on to the ball to long looking for the long pass. Give the ball to the receivers and let them try to break big runs.

I would also run the ball alittle more. I don't have a problem with the way Herny is being used. Because its our defenses problem that Henry is being taken out of the game. You give up 30 points a game and the running game is what suffers.

ArcticWildMan
11-25-2002, 12:41 PM
I saw last night that even Indy has adapted the quick pass to the flats that NE used so effectively against us. If the defense lines up the way you want, it's almost a surefire way to get 5 or more yards. I'd like to see us at least try it.

WG
11-25-2002, 01:09 PM
I thought Drew was "plug-n-play?" The yardage, the records, the experience, his knowing the AFCE.

This whole thing is starting to sound like shades of Rob Johnson...

:D

Ebenezer
11-25-2002, 01:10 PM
It's a trend all over the league...dink and dunk, quick slants and move the chains. They are like long handoffs, they work and get at least 5 yards per play.

Funny. Some people on this board were *****ing about that style of play just a few weeks ago.

WG
11-25-2002, 01:16 PM
Yeah, it is ironic. Drew's strength is the long ball however. If we're gonna have an O that utilizes primarily a shorter passing game, then I'm not sure the move to acquire him was all that wise if in fact that's where this team goes.

Earthquake Enyart
11-25-2002, 01:23 PM
It's funny, isn't it? On D, we have the vaunted "system" that no one can play, yet on O we have no real clue of what "system" we want to run, and have much more talent.

Dozerdog
11-25-2002, 01:25 PM
Is that you, BDuff? LOL :lol:

Earthquake Enyart
11-25-2002, 01:30 PM
Hey, if it's good enough for the Daily Goon, it's good enough for the Zone. :snicker:

Dozerdog
11-25-2002, 01:31 PM
:rofl:

Rude American
11-25-2002, 01:41 PM
call shoter routes. why aren't we running more slants, etc.? I blame nobody but Gilbride for our offensive mediocrity.

Akhippo
11-25-2002, 02:52 PM
How can anybody say Drew cant doesnt throw the short stuff. In the beginning it looked like the T Henry show. Run with Henry. Throw short to Henry. Also when we did throw short, curl routes and outs, the DB was there. I think its the type of routes. Like its professed in here, I cant watch every postion on every play, but crossing routes dont seem to be used as frequently. Like the Raiders and Patriots run.

Rude American
11-25-2002, 03:37 PM
fine. then different routes.

colin
11-25-2002, 04:14 PM
Our O has on the fly reads and option routs, not short routs. If we mix in some shorter routs it will be enough. There is no point building a dink and dunk O when we could be more effective striking fear into the D. Play Action passes would really help too. Henry and our line can get the D choked up, they may play a cover two but they break as soon as they see the ball go to Henry to make the play, if we catch them doing that we can go deep easy. Just a couple of small adjustments and Gilbride running in the Red Zone would put us back on top.