PDA

View Full Version : Don't you find something wrong with this?

Bill Brasky
01-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Jets LB Eric Barton was fined $7500 for hitting Drew Brees in the head which could have seriously injured him. Vikings WR Randy Moss was fined $10,000 for mooning people.

WTF :whatthe: :huh:

Mr. Miyagi
01-13-2005, 04:05 PM
I wonder what the fine would've been if Barton hit Brees in the head with his ass.

northernbillfan
01-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Moss showed a lack of respect for the team and Green Bay in general.

Also it was his wiping of his ass on the goal posts that went way over the line.

Bill Brasky
01-13-2005, 04:08 PM

Also it was his wiping of his ass on the goal posts that went way over the line.

I think trying to injure someone in the head IS WAY OVER the line of Randy Moss wiping his ass on a goalpost.

northernbillfan
01-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Looking at the tape of that hit and you can see that wasn't any intent to injure. Besides if they took Brees out of the game, the mighty midget would rally the troops and win one.

DraftBoy
01-13-2005, 04:31 PM

but its ok for GB fans to moon every visiting teams bus after their games? GB got what they deserved an ass whipping and a proper good bye.

DraftBoy
01-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Jets LB Eric Barton was fined $7500 for hitting Drew Brees in the head which could have seriously injured him. Vikings WR Randy Moss was fined $10,000 for mooning people.

WTF :whatthe: :huh:

Completely agree, Barton fully well knew what he was doing when he brought his forearm to Brees head and it was intentional. 7500 is a joke fine. Also no suspension is even worse.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 04:37 PM
but its ok for GB fans to moon every visiting teams bus after their games? GB got what they deserved an ass whipping and a proper good bye.

Exactly. I think people just need a reason to get upset about stuff.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Completely agree, Barton fully well knew what he was doing when he brought his forearm to Brees head and it was intentional. 7500 is a joke fine. Also no suspension is even worse.

Agreed also.

Bill Brasky
01-13-2005, 04:40 PM

"We whooped they azz..." - Randy Moss

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Good article

Read it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/050113

Michael82
01-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Randy Moss was fined $10,000 Thursday by the NFL for pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd during Minnesota's playoff win last weekend.

Peter Hadhazy, the league's director of game operations, penalized Moss for unsportsmanlike conduct in a letter that the NFL released.

"Your actions were based on poor judgment, did not reflect well on you or the Vikings, and were insulting to many," Hadhazy wrote.

"They have resulted in widespread criticism and needlessly detracted from Minnesota's dramatic playoff victory. Fans should look to you and your teammates to see how to compete and win in football. But when you lose your focus on playing and engage in sideshows as you did on Sunday, you forfeit much of this," he wrote.

Moss also briefly bumped the goalpost with his back end before hugging teammates in the end zone following his fourth-quarter touchdown catch that clinched the Vikings' 31-17 victory.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcTFhbmEwBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0bQ--?slug=ap-vikings-mossfined&prov=ap&type=lgns

Bill Brasky
01-13-2005, 05:04 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=63804

Michael82
01-13-2005, 05:06 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=63804
:doh:

Michael82
01-13-2005, 05:11 PM

Thank you. That's just what i have saying. If he did the fake moon only, it would have been fine. But he rubbed his ass on the goal post that said Packers. That was classless and "disgusting".

Billz_fan
01-13-2005, 05:21 PM

agreed :up:

DaBills
01-13-2005, 05:47 PM
My bad. Didn't realize this topic was started until I read the thread. Started one kinda close, but compared it to Plummer only getting 5K fine for giving the finger. I think Plummer should get the 10K and fans should have rated Moss's celebration on a 1-10 cheese scale.

I think the hit on Brees was more serious and should have been fined accordingly. But look at Derrick Brooks early in the year on Monday night. He lowered his helmut on Gannon during a running play and fractured the dude's neck! I don't even believe anything was ever called on that one either.