PDA

View Full Version : Moss gets $10,000 fine

DaBills
01-13-2005, 05:29 PM
The rule says players can be disciplined for "obscene gestures or other actions construed as being in poor taste." First offense is only $5,000. Only other thing he was cited for was squirting a ref in 1999. That one was worth $25,000.

Jake the Snake gives the finger to the home crowd, and only gets $5,000? Imagine the Pill giving the finger to LOG! I dislike some of his other actions, but in this case, I think Moss was just having fun. Especially after you hear how opposing teams get mooned by GB fans.

If are singling out an individual for something they say harms the whole team, the game and the fans, maybe they should penalize the whole team. (I mean for stuff like Cox giving the finger, or Moss walking off, not a TD dance.)

This may not be practical, but why not try a little peer pressure and fine every player and coach on the whole team $1,000 every time someone pulls a stupid stunt.

helmetguy
01-13-2005, 05:34 PM
$10,000 isn't **** to Mess, just another example of "too many people telling me what to do." He'll take this as a dare and come up with something a little more "creative" the next time.

DraftBoy
01-13-2005, 06:21 PM
$10,000 isn't **** to Mess, just another example of "too many people telling me what to do." He'll take this as a dare and come up with something a little more "creative" the next time.

$10,000 for a TD celebration yet an intentional forearm to the head gets only $7500? Way too much, or else the 7500 is way too small.

Bling
01-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Good enough for me.

Bling
01-13-2005, 06:27 PM
$10,000 for a TD celebration yet an intentional forearm to the head gets only $7500? Way too much, or else the 7500 is way too small.

Forearm is a bit more of quick instincts. Lynch was set in, and didn't have time to think. Moss was a different case, and insulted the people that pay him....

DraftBoy
01-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Forearm is a bit more of quick instincts. Lynch was set in, and didn't have time to think. Moss was a different case, and insulted the people that pay him....

I was referring to Barton hit on Brees where he brought his forearm to his head after he had him going down not Lynch's hit

Michael82
01-13-2005, 06:37 PM
I was referring to Barton hit on Brees where he brought his forearm to his head after he had him going down not Lynch's hit
There's no way that was intentional. It was going to be the last play of the game and he's knows that the game will NEVER end with a penalty. If he didn't do that, they never would have gone to overtime and the Chargers wouldn't have had a chance to win.

Mr. Cynical
01-13-2005, 06:49 PM
He makes more than that in 10 min of sleep. I always think these fines are BS.

1st offense: warning
2nd offense: 2% of their yearly salary
3rd offense: 1 game suspension w/o pay

That will end it.

DraftBoy
01-13-2005, 06:54 PM
There's no way that was intentional. It was going to be the last play of the game and he's knows that the game will NEVER end with a penalty. If he didn't do that, they never would have gone to overtime and the Chargers wouldn't have had a chance to win.

Did you see the play Brees was headed down to the turf then the forearm came there was no reason to throw it thus intentional.

tampabay25690
01-13-2005, 07:15 PM
So maybe the fans in Green Bay should be fined aslo when they moon buses right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Philster
01-13-2005, 09:18 PM

That will end it.

Nice idea :clap:

DaBills
01-13-2005, 10:18 PM
So maybe the fans in Green Bay should be fined aslo when they moon buses right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The league will always come down harder on players than fans because players should know better and are held to higher standards.

Mr. Cynical
01-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Nice idea :clap::faint:

Thanks. :;

Michael82
01-13-2005, 11:13 PM

That will end it.
Great idea. It may not end it, but it will definitely slow it down. :clap:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-14-2005, 07:40 AM
Appropriate amount because it looks "big" to non millionaires (most fans), but to Moss it is just another nice little tax deduction. 10k to him is like $100 to most of us....not pocket change but doesn't really hurt ya..

Historian
01-14-2005, 07:47 AM
He should have been fined 100,000 for his hair...

tampabay25690
01-14-2005, 08:46 AM
I just thought the whole thing was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

Voltron
01-14-2005, 09:09 AM
On one hand I thought it was funny especialy after hearing about the GB fans mooning the Bus. I also thought Joe Buck was reading WAY to much into it. BTW I HATE JOE BUCK!

On the other hand I am guessing that those fans are:
#1 drunk
#2 don't represent the NFL
#3 pay for a ticket and can do what they want once they leave the stadium

Randy should have been more professional but hey ... why should he start now? :huh:

He has always been an ass and I don't think any fine will change that. Like most football players who are the best at what they do (and he is better than TO ) he has an attitude and that is to be expected of a pro athlete because when you have the attitude that you are the best you will play that way.