X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmb1099
    • Sep 2004

Dirty Football Tactics

Just finished reading an article on fox about the field not being covered properly before the game. This would cause the condition of the field to at the very least be wet and slippery, possibly frozen if they don't use the heating system. When Billicheck was asked about it he said it wasn't his job to pull the weeds or something like that and offered a faint smile. This has to be the most cheesy thing I have heard of all year. He's supposed to be one of the great football minds of our time, this type of thing has nothing to do with coaching. The NFL shouls force the organization to be consistent with its policies and procedures regarding field maint. If they get away with this garbage it will be a sad day for football.
    www.msn.foxsports.com/story/3320958
  • helmetguy
    Touch the helmet for luck
    • Sep 2002

Seems like something like this came up during the '70's between Pittsburgh and Oakland. It was before the "Immaculate Reception" game. Seems Pittsburgh did cover the field, except that two large tears in the tarp mysteriously opened up...right about where the Raider WRs ran their routes. That part of the field was frozen and very slick. The center of the field was perfect for running the ball, as was Pittsburgh's wont.
    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Dirty Football tactics....Denver Broncos OL?
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Larry
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by jmb1099
        Just finished reading an article on fox about the field not being covered properly before the game. This would cause the condition of the field to at the very least be wet and slippery, possibly frozen if they don't use the heating system. When Billicheck was asked about it he said it wasn't his job to pull the weeds or something like that and offered a faint smile. This has to be the most cheesy thing I have heard of all year. He's supposed to be one of the great football minds of our time, this type of thing has nothing to do with coaching. The NFL shouls force the organization to be consistent with its policies and procedures regarding field maint. If they get away with this garbage it will be a sad day for football.
        www.msn.foxsports.com/story/3320958
        Negged.

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Larry
          Negged.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

They're only required to start clearing the field 24 hours before kickoff according to what I heard on NFL Network radio (or whatever it was called) on WGR550 just a half hour ago
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• jmb1099
              • Sep 2004

Pats must be getting pretty desperate. I used to hate the Pats but respect their game, but this move removes the respect element as well.

Comment

• DaBills
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                They're only required to start clearing the field 24 hours before kickoff according to what I heard on NFL Network radio (or whatever it was called) on WGR550 just a half hour ago

Yeah. Dan Patrick was all over this earlier today on ESPN Radio too. They said 24 hours and the 'potential for rain' qualifies a field for covering. Does fog and mist qualify? lol.

They also had a reporter on who writes for a Boston paper who was on the field today and the day before. He said it's in bad shape. He laughed about BB saying he's 'not responsible for the field,' since BB controls EVERYTHING in NE, including 'when a toilet flushes.'

Covering the field would seem to help both sides, not just the Colts. Why wouldn't he want his offense to have a decent field to play on.

I hope NE loses. Bigtime.
                “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

yeah.. damn the patriots for using homefield advantage.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• jmb1099
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    yeah.. damn the patriots for using homefield advantage.

Homefield advantage is local support and knowledge of the field. Billy tampering with stadium policies regarding field conditions is pushing it. It shouldn't happen, but it especially shouldn't happen during a playoff game. But maybe you're right...maybe they should call in the fire department and really wet the field...after all homefield advantage right? Why not dig some holes while they're at it?

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

We had fog here, too. It got rid of the 4" of snow we had.
                      btw, jmb1099.. on that last post!
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Pride
                        • Jul 2002

Ummm.... you all seem to be forgetting that this is what Homefield advantage is all about! If the colts wanted to play on turf throughout the playoffs.. they should have won homefield.

If buffalo was in, and we had a blizzard... and were playing the dolphins.... wouldnt we be saying "hey, dont clean off the field, lets see them play in that!" Hell yes we would!

Double Standards!

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Pride
                          Ummm.... you all seem to be forgetting that this is what Homefield advantage is all about! If the colts wanted to play on turf throughout the playoffs.. they should have won homefield.

If buffalo was in, and we had a blizzard... and were playing the dolphins.... wouldnt we be saying "hey, dont clean off the field, lets see them play in that!" Hell yes we would!

Double Standards!
                          I agree completely. Too many times I have prayed for a blizzard before a home game.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Pride

Double Standards!
                            Amen.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I can't wait to see Brady slip up on a patch of ice on that field and get his ass sacked.

Comment

Working...
                              X