PDA

View Full Version : Check out Moss' response to the fine.

Michael82
01-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Randy Moss trudged out to his truck in the subzero cold, with a huge, black hooded sweat shirt covering almost his entire face. All that was showing was a carefree smile.

In his usual flippant manner, Moss showed no remorse for his latest misdeed.

Minnesota's controversial wide receiver was fined $10,000 Thursday by the NFL for pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd during a playoff win last weekend.

"Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand, to me?" said Moss, whose salary this season is $5.75 million. He then jokingly suggested he might perform a more vulgar celebration next time.

KARE-TV of Minneapolis recorded the exchange between Moss and reporters outside the Vikings' practice facility.

Reporter: "Write the check yet, Randy?"

Moss: "When you're rich you don't write checks."

Reporter: "If you don't write checks, how do you pay these guys?"

Moss: "Straight cash, homey."

Reporter: "Randy, are you upset about the fine?"

Moss: "No, cause it ain't [expletive]. Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand to me? Ain't [expletive] … Next time I might shake my [expletive]."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/news/story?id=1966180

Michael82
01-13-2005, 10:06 PM
anyone actually suprised by this? I know it's what he was thinking and any player is thinking when they get a little $5,000 fine, but still why say it? :shakeno:

I hope he doesn't get a touchdown, because if he did...I could just imagine him actually taking his pants off. :ill:

Although...then he'd get the real wrath of the NFL. :snicker:

DraftBoy
01-13-2005, 10:08 PM
His comments are over the line, although i find them extremely funny they are over the line

Michael82
01-13-2005, 10:13 PM
His comments are over the line, although i find them extremely funny they are over the line
They are funny, but definitely over the line. Doesn't it make you sick when you realize that he is right? $10,000 is NOTHING to him. It's like a buck to you or me. :sadwalk:

buffalofan19
01-13-2005, 10:13 PM
All he is saying is that he dosn't care what the NFL does. He's going to continue doing his thing. As long as it isn't too serious, the NFL can't hurt him too much at all.

Michael82
01-13-2005, 10:14 PM
All he is saying is that he dosn't care what the NFL does. He's going to continue doing his thing. As long as it isn't too serious, the NFL can't hurt him too much at all.
True, but if he does another celebration...I could see them slapping him with a $25,000 fine to him. He could pay that in cash also. :mad:

BSXIII
01-13-2005, 10:28 PM
I think Moss knows how to get attention by riling people up, but he knows not to ever go too far. In the long run, I think these actions are going to make him more money than he lost. He got fined by the NFL, but with all the attention he's getting, his marketability keeps going up. The additional money he’ll be able to make in endorsements will far exceed any fines he is paying out. All the attention he is getting from this is only going to encourage him to do similar things in the future.

Billz_fan
01-13-2005, 10:42 PM
They are funny, but definitely over the line. Doesn't it make you sick when you realize that he is right? $10,000 is NOTHING to him. It's like a buck to you or me. :sadwalk:

We did this, we are the ones who pay for tickets, The fans supply the money that create these incredible salarys. If there weren't fannys in the stands on Sundays and people buying $200 dollar a year Sunday Ticket packages (like me) and all the jerseys, hats and other stuff then what have you got?

Why should it make us sick ? Nobody should be surprised. Tom Cruise for one makes the same kind of money as do many other hollywood stars. We pay for that also. It's how we as society pay for our entertainment. If anyone told me 10 years ago I would be paying 200 bucks a year for football games I would have thought them crazy. Yet now I pay it gladly :D

So in the end it's not much different than a $100 dollar fine or less to you and me.

The thing that comes to my mind is,

The NFL must and does realize this, These fines are nothing more than a way to quiet down the people who cry out against such acts. It's a big dollar figure to you and me so they figure it makes us all go "wow"

It certainly dosn't hurt or alter the players life style or ability to make a living in any way.

Who is the sucker here ? we are :laughter:

I still saw nothing wrong with Randys celebration given the tradition set by Packer fans. Yet he gets a stronger fine than defensive players who are getting fined for blows to the head and fines set to protect players from serious injurys.

Priorities are skewed in the NFL :2cents:

Mr. Cynical
01-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Like I said in the other thread, the fines should be a percentage of a player's salary, like 2%.

For example...

If an average player makes $300,000, that comes out to $6K.
For Randy **** Moss who makes $5.75M, that comes out to $115K.

I would PAY to see his **** face when he has to pay that one. This really goes to show you what a **** punk this guy is. If he wasn't able to catch a leather ball, he'd be in prison for some crime by now. Guaranteed.

Billz_fan
01-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Like I said in the other thread, the fines should be a percentage of a player's salary, like 2%.

For example...

I would PAY to see his **** face when he has to pay that one. This really goes to show you what a **** punk this guy is. If he wasn't able to catch a leather ball, he'd be in prison for some crime by now. Guaranteed.

I don't disagree that the fines should be changed. I also do not disagree Randy would probably be in jail for something else :laughter:

I do not agree with the outcome in this instance though.

Michael82
01-13-2005, 10:56 PM
We did this, we are the ones who pay for tickets, The fans supply the money that create these incredible salarys. If there weren't fannys in the stands on Sundays and people buying $200 dollar a year Sunday Ticket packages (like me) and all the jerseys, hats and other stuff then what have you got?

Why should it make us sick ? Nobody should be surprised. Tom Cruise for one makes the same kind of money as do many other hollywood stars. We pay for that also. It's how we as society pay for our entertainment. If anyone told me 10 years ago I would be paying 200 bucks a year for football games I would have thought them crazy. Yet now I pay it gladly :D

So in the end it's not much different than a $100 dollar fine or less to you and me.

The thing that comes to my mind is,

The NFL must and does realize this, These fines are nothing more than a way to quiet down the people who cry out against such acts. It's a big dollar figure to you and me so they figure it makes us all go "wow"

It certainly dosn't hurt or alter the players life style or ability to make a living in any way.

Who is the sucker here ? we are :laughter:

I still saw nothing wrong with Randys celebration given the tradition set by Packer fans. Yet he gets a stronger fine than defensive players who are getting fined for blows to the head and fines set to protect players from serious injurys.

Priorities are skewed in the NFL :2cents:
Without getting AWM to yell at me....That was a good post man. :up:

You are right. We do it to ourselves. I help pay these rich guys their salaries by buying everything that's in my room with the Bills logo, and when I buy the McGahee jersey that i'm wearing right now, and the season tickets that I get now. We are the suckers. We actually feel they should get fined, but a fine is NOTHING to the players. All it is, is some bling bling for their car, or maybe a week worth of expensive meals. We are definitely the suckers. :doh:

As far as your last post, you are so right. How the hell does he get fined $2,500 more than Barton got for hitting Brees in the head with his elbow? I think I know why...because everyone was talking about the Moss thing. The media is the reason why Moss got the bigger fine. And it's sad.

Billz_fan
01-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Without getting AWM to yell at me....That was a good post man. :up:

You are right. We do it to ourselves. I help pay these rich guys their salaries by buying everything that's in my room with the Bills logo, and when I buy the McGahee jersey that i'm wearing right now, and the season tickets that I get now. We are the suckers. We actually feel they should get fined, but a fine is NOTHING to the players. All it is, is some bling bling for their car, or maybe a week worth of expensive meals. We are definitely the suckers. :doh:

As far as your last post, you are so right. How the hell does he get fined $2,500 more than Barton got for hitting Brees in the head with his elbow? I think I know why...because everyone was talking about the Moss thing. The media is the reason why Moss got the bigger fine. And it's sad.

I think we have found a common ground :laughter:

Michael82
01-13-2005, 11:04 PM

For example...

That's actually a good idea. Make the players actually feel the fine in their checkbook. Not just be able to take some cash out of their pockets. :up:

Mr. Cynical
01-13-2005, 11:13 PM
That's actually a good idea. Make the players actually feel the fine in their checkbook. Not just be able to take some cash out of their pockets. :up:
Thanks. The thinking here is that it should be relative. If you are a jerk, you should be fined. However, the current "flat tax" (so to speak) benefits the super rich. You need to use percentages to make if fair and effective across the board. You don't see many minimum salaried vets doing crap like that cause $10K to them is alot of cash.

(The irony of me making this statement is as thick as molasses, since I favor Republican platform on taxation. Oh well...hehe)

Michael82
01-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Thanks. The thinking here is that it should be relative. If you are a jerk, you should be fined. However, the current "flat tax" (so to speak) benefits the super rich. You need to use percentages to make if fair and effective across the board. You don't see many minimum salaried vets doing crap like that cause $10K to them is alot of cash.

(The irony of me making this statement is as thick as molasses, since I favor Republican platform on taxation. Oh well...hehe)
One more thing...if it's something like the clothesline on Robert Ferguson or the hit on Drew Brees...that should be a higher percentage than the other stuff.

Tatonka
01-13-2005, 11:40 PM
I think randy is hillarious..

i would take him on the bills.

i have always liked him though because he has been my fantasy team keeper for 3 years and i have won 2 championships with him over that time.. that is 1500$.. and i also won 400$ in the billszone big money league with him season before last.. so the guy is helping me out.. i forgive his assinine actions. :D

BSXIII
01-13-2005, 11:41 PM
The league loves the extra attention they get from these incidents. They also love having the hero vs. villain storylines. A lot of the casual fans are more interested in the stories than they are the game itself. The league would not have anywhere near the interest level it does if everyone acted the same, and there were no “characters”. The NFL only fines these guys to go through the motions and make it look like they care about the integrity of the game. If they wanted to deter players from doing things in the future, they would base the fines on a payroll percentage. However, they want the attention and storylines, and that is why they won’t do anything to deter players from acting like this in the future. They hand out a fine that the public feels is significant, but is nothing to the players.

buffalofan19
01-13-2005, 11:45 PM
http://flash.slugg.net/moss.htm

This is funny in regards to Moss. This may have been posted before.

Mr. Cynical
01-13-2005, 11:47 PM
One more thing...if it's something like the clothesline on Robert Ferguson or the hit on Drew Brees...that should be a higher percentage than the other stuff.
Agreed. All fines should be percentage-based, and the worse the offense, the higher the percentage.

DaBills
01-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Ain't [expletive] … Next time I might shake my [expletive]."

You can't coach that.

:crazy:

Michael82
01-14-2005, 12:26 AM
You can't coach that.

:crazy:
:rofl: So true.

Dr. Lecter
01-14-2005, 07:19 AM
What a slug. The guy has no respect for the league, the fans (and their families), his teammates, or anybody but Randy Moss. His attitude is disgusting.

Unless he changes, and changes quickly, he will be remembered as a talented player who was a lockerroom cancer and caused more distractions due to his immaturity than great plays he was responsible for.

mybills
01-14-2005, 07:35 AM
They're gonna lose this week-end and we won't have to listen to him any more. :D

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-14-2005, 07:58 AM
NEWSFLASH: a huge part of the NFL fanbase is part of the same generation as the younger half of the NFL players, and a large percentage of that generation is not offended by something as insignificant as a little fake mooning. Many of us think it adds excitement to the game. It's fun.

We weren't offended by seeing Janet's breast (we are hoping to see more this year), we don't care what Paul Tagliabue thinks....we would have done the same thing if in Moss's shoes if we had been creative enough to think of it.

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2005, 08:58 AM
I love it. Way to go Randy. F all those uptight lameasses.

helmetguy
01-14-2005, 09:14 AM
The additional money he’ll be able to make in endorsements will far exceed any fines he is paying out.

What's he going to endorse? Huggies Pullups?

jamze132
01-14-2005, 09:16 AM
I think Moss is the most classless player in the league. He's worse than Brian Cox. At least Cox was provoked. Moss is a discrace to everyone involved in football. All of his little antics should get him suspended without pay.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-14-2005, 09:20 AM
After hearing that the Green Bay fans all moon the team bus after the game, I thought it was a pretty funny stunt.

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2005, 09:29 AM
I think Moss is the most classless player in the league. He's worse than Brian Cox. At least Cox was provoked. Moss is a discrace to everyone involved in football. All of his little antics should get him suspended without pay.

You have to be kidding right? Suspension?

mybills
01-14-2005, 12:08 PM
ESPN had the list of fines he had this year. One of them was $25k for touching an official. :eek:

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-14-2005, 12:37 PM
What did he get suspended for? That was funny. I guess I was more disturbed by all the Lavitra commercials to be upset about that.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2005, 12:59 PM
If I were Tagliabue I'd say oh yeah? It ain't nothing? Let's up it to 500 grand shall we? How about a cool million? Start begging when it starts hurt you fa**ot ass. :rolleyes:

eyedog
01-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Moss just keeps making himself look like an a-hole. Fine by me, I don't care and he obviously doesn't.
What I don't like is Dungy butting in everytime trying to cover for him, and he's not even Dungy's player. You see Dungy hasn't fiqured it out yet. The media keeps running to him after one of Moss' outbursts because they now he will comment. What he should be doing is " No comment, doesn't concern my team. Next question."
Moss acting like an idiot and Dungy condoning it reflects on the whole league. Not good. Pretty soon they could become the NBA.

Valerie
01-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Actually, what he said doesn't bother me in the least. Who cares. We all know that they're rich, so he's just saying what all of us already know. What they should do with all the fines these players rack up is donate them to some charity. Does anyone know what happens to the money the NFL collects for fines?

Michael82
01-14-2005, 02:26 PM
If I were Tagliabue I'd say oh yeah? It ain't nothing? Let's up it to 500 grand shall we? How about a cool million? Start begging when it starts hurt you fa**ot ass. :rolleyes:
That would be hilarious. He definitely wouldn't make these comments if he was fined a cool million $. :snicker:

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Moss just keeps making himself look like an a-hole. Fine by me, I don't care and he obviously doesn't.
What I don't like is Dungy butting in everytime trying to cover for him, and he's not even Dungy's player. You see Dungy hasn't fiqured it out yet. The media keeps running to him after one of Moss' outbursts because they now he will comment. What he should be doing is " No comment, doesn't concern my team. Next question."
Moss acting like an idiot and Dungy condoning it reflects on the whole league. Not good. Pretty soon they could become the NBA.

Why would this bother anyone. Who cares.

The_Philster
01-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Moss acting like an idiot and Dungy condoning it reflects on the whole league. Not good. Pretty soon they could become the NBA.That's exactly what I'm afraid of..the NBA has gone downhill with the hoodlums and losers as opposed to starts like Jordan, Bird, Erving, Magic, Kareem, etc...I miss those days :sadwalk:

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2005, 03:44 PM
That's exactly what I'm afraid of..the NBA has gone downhill with the hoodlums and losers as opposed to starts like Jordan, Bird, Erving, Magic, Kareem, etc...I miss those days :sadwalk:
It's okay. There's always hoc....oh nevermind.

lordofgun
01-14-2005, 04:54 PM
The man is a ******. He's lucky he's tall and fast.

Crisis
01-14-2005, 07:20 PM

For example...

I disagree.

I blame Bledsoe more than Moss for this whole incident.

DaBills
01-14-2005, 07:34 PM
I disagree.

:shocked:

Drew GOOD! Moss BAD!

Michael82
01-14-2005, 09:15 PM
I disagree.

:rofl:

jmb1099
01-15-2005, 09:44 AM
Moss is a great receiver, maybe the best in the game today. However there is no way that he should be allowed to continue to behave like such a jerk. There are many issues to consider here:
1) Watching a football game with your children used to be, for the most part, safe. Now I know he said he's not anyone's roll model and blah blah blah, but that is garbage. He's on national television, playing a sport that many kids start playing at a very young age, he has a responsibility to model sportsmanship. Doesn't matter if the fans heckle people, that's part of being a visiting team in any sport, athletes are paid to play and should leave their personal issues and insecurities at home.
2) Stadium saftey: The NFL does not need 50 or 100 angry fans running on the field trying to beat up Randy Moss. This is not as far fetched as you may think. So far we have been very lucky, this happens regularly in other sports around the world (ie soccer) We just saw an ugly incident in the NBA and with the lack of respect that athletes have for the fans, it won't be long before something serious happens.
As far as fining him is concerned I think the percentage program that was mentioned by Cynical makes sense. And if the situation becomes extreme enough I think a suspension would be justified. He's paid to play football, anything more than that should be done on his free time.

Canadian'eh!
01-15-2005, 03:00 PM
Randy Moss trudged out to his truck in the subzero cold, with a huge, black hooded sweat shirt covering almost his entire face. All that was showing was a carefree smile.

In his usual flippant manner, Moss showed no remorse for his latest misdeed.

Minnesota's controversial wide receiver was fined $10,000 Thursday by the NFL for pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd during a playoff win last weekend.

"Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand, to me?" said Moss, whose salary this season is $5.75 million. He then jokingly suggested he might perform a more vulgar celebration next time.

KARE-TV of Minneapolis recorded the exchange between Moss and reporters outside the Vikings' practice facility.

Reporter: "Write the check yet, Randy?"

Moss: "When you're rich you don't write checks."

Reporter: "If you don't write checks, how do you pay these guys?"

Moss: "Straight cash, homey."

Reporter: "Randy, are you upset about the fine?"

Moss: "No, cause it ain't [expletive]. Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand to me? Ain't [expletive] … Next time I might shake my [expletive]."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/news/story?id=1966180

Good for Randy... hilarious.

It seems that most people want players to be PR dolls. only answer "yes" and "no" and to have nothing real to say. then they throw out how they are rich and have to act a certain way.

i say bulll... i like Randy because he isn't full of s**t. If I had his money and talent I'd do whatever I want and say whatever I want too. And if the league, media or fans had a problem, too damn bad.

I want players that get you talking about them, make the game interesting. get the tightwads panties all bunched up...

not tot he point where it's deteremental to the team.... but a case like this has no real effect on the team if you ask me... when someone gets in trouble at work it doesn't effect how i work... why is this different?

Go Randy.

Canadian'eh!
01-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Jesus....

and another thing... everyone keeps bringing up the "Children" in these cases...

There is so much violence on TV it's incredible. Dead people and shootings... etc. Even the news wants a tragedy to exploit... No Problem. Then there's video games... even worse.

but Randy moss PRETENDS to moon peopleand it "OH MY GOD SOMONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN."

I only see one alternative... Lock all the children away in their rooms with no TV, movies or games of any kind. we need to protect the children from fake moonings... excessive dancing and the worst thing of all..... NUDITY.... 1 Boob (other than the one you spend the first year of life drinking from of course) and they WILL be scarred for life.

You Yanks are getting so friggin uptight it's frightning... maybe you all need to become Ahmish or something.

here's an idea... raise your own damn kids.

explain sex and nudity to them.... even at a young age it's easy... yo start off by explaining whythey shouldn't be baked in public and such.

Randy Moss... "Son, what he did was not very polite... you shouldn't act like that ok.."

WHOA... imagine that... not using TV as a scapegoat to absolve yourself from your childs problems...

jmb1099
01-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Jesus....

and another thing... everyone keeps bringing up the "Children" in these cases...

There is so much violence on TV it's incredible. Dead people and shootings... etc. Even the news wants a tragedy to exploit... No Problem. Then there's video games... even worse.

but Randy moss PRETENDS to moon peopleand it "OH MY GOD SOMONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN."

I only see one alternative... Lock all the children away in their rooms with no TV, movies or games of any kind. we need to protect the children from fake moonings... excessive dancing and the worst thing of all..... NUDITY.... 1 Boob (other than the one you spend the first year of life drinking from of course) and they WILL be scarred for life.

You Yanks are getting so friggin uptight it's frightning... maybe you all need to become Ahmish or something.

here's an idea... raise your own damn kids.

explain sex and nudity to them.... even at a young age it's easy... yo start off by explaining whythey shouldn't be baked in public and such.

Randy Moss... "Son, what he did was not very polite... you shouldn't act like that ok.."

WHOA... imagine that... not using TV as a scapegoat to absolve yourself from your childs problems... Hey watch your own football and we'll raise our own kids.

Canadian'eh!
01-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey watch your own football and we'll raise our own kids.

This was my point exactly... stop asking society to raise your kids and do it yourself.

jmb1099
01-15-2005, 08:05 PM
This was my point exactly... stop asking society to raise your kids and do it yourself. I'm pretty sure you missed the point, but I wasn't expecting you to get it anyway.
He is paid to play football and that is all he should do on the field. If he wants to be funny he should have considered a carrer in stand up.

The_Philster
01-16-2005, 09:58 AM
No one would dispute that Randy Moss is one of the NFL’s most prolific and exciting players. How valuable is he, though, when he can’t seem to just play football?

For the Minnesota Vikings to do anything more in the playoffs, particularly today at Philadelphia, Moss needs to excel. And behave.

The Vikings haven’t had as significant a victory as last Sunday’s win at Green Bay since Moss joined them in 1998. Sure, they made two NFC championship games, in 1998 and 2000, but they did so through byes for taking their division then by winning a home game...more (http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/82244540?-2598)

Billz_fan
01-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Should we hide the kids for the 30 or more penis enhancment drug commercials that come on during NFL games. I mean my god Levitra and Cialis are on at every commercial break :laughter:

Canadian'eh!
01-16-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm pretty sure you missed the point, but I wasn't expecting you to get it anyway.
He is paid to play football and that is all he should do on the field. If he wants to be funny he should have considered a carrer in stand up.

that was the point of you previous post???? wow. i guess i did miss the point... i'd have to be clairvoyant to make this connection.