PDA

View Full Version : Henry a Fish??!!

The_Philster
01-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Coach Nick Saban isn't wasting any time in his efforts to address a key hole in the Miami Dolphins roster -- a starting running back.

Saban has put out feelers about both a return of Ricky Williams and a trade for Travis Henry, the Miami Herald reported Saturday....more (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1967680)

The King
01-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Coach Nick Saban isn't wasting any time in his efforts to address a key hole in the Miami Dolphins roster -- a starting running back.

Saban has put out feelers about both a return of Ricky Williams and a trade for Travis Henry, the Miami Herald reported Saturday....more (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1967680)

Thats fine he would be useless running at Sam and Pat

FTG
01-15-2005, 11:14 AM
If they give us thier high second rounder I have no problem with it

ScottLawrence
01-15-2005, 11:16 AM
If they give us thier high second rounder I have no problem with it

They don't have a second round pick.

Traded it for Feeley.

TigerJ
01-15-2005, 11:18 AM
He's no longer a difference maker, if he ever was one. If he can go there and start, more power to him. The Bills defense is capable of shutting down better RBs than Henry, so I don't have a problem with it. I'm not sure if Buffalo can get a second for him. If they can, fine, if not I'd take Miami's high third.

Michael82
01-15-2005, 11:44 AM
I'd give them Henry for their #1 draft pick, or their 3rd this year and 1st next year.

SABURZFAN
01-15-2005, 11:48 AM
this rumor may be going for a while.let's hope that somebody else,like the Cards,have interest in him as well.

HAMMER
I'd give them Henry for their #1 draft pick, or their 3rd this year and 1st next year.

In the past Miami's front office would have been dumb enough to do this, but Saban is not that dumb.

FTG

I doubt they'd give us thier #1 for Willis.

The King
01-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Ill take a #3 and McMichael the wife hitter, or Chambers, Id take a 4th as long as it was a package.

Hell Trade Henry for McMichael Straight up.

SABURZFAN
01-15-2005, 11:57 AM
I doubt they'd give us thier #1 for Willis.

i wouldn't expect anything less than a 1st for willis.in fact,a 1st and another draft pick is what i'd be expecting.

The_Philster
01-15-2005, 11:58 AM
this rumor may be going for a while.let's hope that somebody else,like the Cards,have interest in him as well.

agreed...letting one of our players go to the Fish sickens me :ill:

Michael82
01-15-2005, 12:02 PM
Ill take a #3 and McMichael the wife hitter, or Chambers, Id take a 4th as long as it was a package.

Hell Trade Henry for McMichael Straight up.
Hmmm, interesting. McMichael could be the kind of TE that we have been missing. That is very intriguing.

FTG
01-15-2005, 12:04 PM
i wouldn't expect anything less than a 1st for willis.in fact,a 1st and another draft pick is what i'd be expecting.

Me either. I would'nt trade him for thier #1. I would'nt trade him period! I'm just saying it would take a lot more than Henry to get the #3 pick in the draft.

FTG
01-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Hmmm, interesting. McMichael could be the kind of TE that we have been missing. That is very intriguing.

If you would not take Moss on our team you should not want that jackass either. He's as big a dick as Moss with nowhere near the talent.

Michael82
01-15-2005, 12:14 PM
If you would not take Moss on our team you should not want that jackass either. He's as big a dick as Moss with nowhere near the talent.
I didn't know he was that bad. I haven't heard much other than his ability to beat his wife. :ill:

Michael82
01-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Me either. I would'nt trade him for thier #1. I would'nt trade him period! I'm just saying it would take a lot more than Henry to get the #3 pick in the draft.
That's true. I forgot they were so high. :snicker:

Section 130 Row 26
01-15-2005, 12:31 PM
McMichael is the tight end this offense desperatly needs...He can stretch the field and take some attention from the running game, and prove to be a awesome red zone threat for whoever plays QB....He would help us immensly and I'd trade Henry to the Fish for McMichael straight up also.

I don't care what he's done to his wife. He can play football, and he can help us. End of story....Let Henry go to Miami and even try to beat us. For as pumped as he will be to face us, so will Spikes, Fletcher and the rest of the guys...I wouldn't worry about it.

JG

FTG
01-15-2005, 12:37 PM
I don't care what he's done to his wife. He can play football

:down:

G. Host
01-15-2005, 12:49 PM
He's no longer a difference maker, if he ever was one. If he can go there and start, more power to him. The Bills defense is capable of shutting down better RBs than Henry, so I don't have a problem with it. I'm not sure if Buffalo can get a second for him. If they can, fine, if not I'd take Miami's high third.

Defense is inconsistant. They got burned by Pittsburgh's 4th string RB and other RBs. But I'd take a third and conditional pick in following year. Then after Bill are far ahead in Miami game let Henry run for lots of extra yards to increase our draft pick.

Henry a life-long Bills fan while we have a back who will go back to Miami in three years. How ironic!

DaBills
01-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Forget the TE. We'll take Jason Taylor.

;-p

FTG
01-15-2005, 12:54 PM
Henry a life-long Miami fan while we have a back who will go back to Miami in three years. How ironic!

Willis is not going back to Miami in 3 years

BillsFanInMass
01-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Henry is a life long Bills fan who grew up in Miami. Look it up.

Michael82
01-15-2005, 01:05 PM
That's why I hate to see him lose his job and then leave. :(

G. Host
01-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Willis is not going back to Miami in 3 years
That is your opinion and only an opinion. Mine is otherwise and likewise is only an opinion. Willis is from Miami, has a lot of friends in Miami and his agent has a lot of clients in Miami. I see no reason unless Miami gets a feature back for him not to seek a job with Fins.

Yes I know which is why I made the ironic comment but I made a typo.

That's why I hate to see him lose his job and then leave. :(
Yes and I wonder if he had spent more time in Buffalo rather than with personal trainer whether he would have had less injuries.

elltrain22
01-15-2005, 01:13 PM
TH is a good dude, and I hope we don't ship him to Miami, b/c then I'd have to hate him....

BillsFever21
01-15-2005, 02:33 PM
:homer:

You have to be joking. You actually believe that Henry is worth a Top 5 draft pick?

FTG
01-15-2005, 02:44 PM
That is your opinion and only an opinion. Mine is otherwise and likewise is only an opinion. Willis is from Miami, has a lot of friends in Miami and his agent has a lot of clients in Miami. I see no reason unless Miami gets a feature back for him not to seek a job with Fins.

Franchise tag. The Bills are not going to let a back that special walk.

Mr. Cynical
01-15-2005, 02:48 PM
At the end of the day, I want TH to go wherever we can get the most value. I'm not really concerned where he ends up to be honest. I mean, yeah I would rather he NOT go to a division rival, but if we get the best offer from the Fish, it would be silly not to make the deal.

I really think we can get a #2 for him when all is said and done. Just a gut feel...

Mahdi
01-15-2005, 03:34 PM
How bout we send Travis and our 2nd and 5th for their 1st. Then we would have a lot of options; Keep the high pick, or trade down , since we should be focusing on O-linemen anyway. or just take Braylon Edwards, Imagine him Moulds and Evans :rockout:

Bills 4 life
01-15-2005, 05:04 PM
WILLIS IF HEALTHY WOULD HAVE BEEN A TOP 5 PICK..LOOK WHAT SD GOT FOR ELI MANNING..MADDDD PICKS!

The_Philster
01-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Dude...turn off the caps lock :shakeno: We can "hear" you just fine

DraftBoy
01-15-2005, 06:08 PM
If Miami wants to fork over a 2nd for Travis, ill pack his bags for him with a big smile on my face. Its become quite evident that Henry has no place on this team and TD is just playing mind games with other gms and the press to lay low and make a deal. Im not concerned about behind willis because Shaud Williams showed me alot last year when needed. I loved Henry while he was here but we got better at the posistion and now he's going somewhere he will be the #1 for a while most likely. So good luck to him but not too much. Please TD get us a MIA 2nd for Henry and exploint that pompous ass that is Nick Saban!

BillsFever21
01-15-2005, 08:22 PM
If Miami gave us their 2nd round pick for Henry I'll drive him to the airport myself.

Brad528
01-15-2005, 10:04 PM

Hell Trade Henry for McMichael Straight up.That is the funniest most unrealistic thing i have ever read. Miami would never trade one of thier best players for Henry who is gonna leave the Bills no matter what. Miami wouldnt trade Randy for Willis and Henry let alone Henry

Brad528
01-15-2005, 10:09 PM
And by the way Randy McMichael never did anything wrong. So how can anyone be so dumb to compare him to Moss. The guy got in trouble because his wife started trying to whoop his ass and he just grabbed her to make her stop. He is the one who even called the police cause she was going crazy. Then when they got there the cops did what they usually do and arrested the man. He got in trouble one time and has never had any other issues. He does nothing but play hard every game and never says any bull **** to the media.

justasportsfan
01-16-2005, 07:50 AM
I doubt they will give Taylor to us, but I'll take McMichael. He does tend to b!tch though when he doesn't get the ball.

I would rather trade Henry somewhere out of out dividion. He will make the fins better not matter waht anyone says. Don't you agree MArino1983. I see you lurking here.

Billz_fan
01-16-2005, 08:24 AM
I for one would not feel very good about Travis lining up against the Bills 2x a year with a wheel barrow full of motivation.

Michael82
01-16-2005, 08:25 AM
If Miami gave us their 2nd round pick for Henry I'll drive him to the airport myself.
Only problem is that they don't have a 2nd rounder. :sadwalk:

Michael82
01-16-2005, 08:26 AM
At the end of the day, I want TH to go wherever we can get the most value. I'm not really concerned where he ends up to be honest. I mean, yeah I would rather he NOT go to a division rival, but if we get the best offer from the Fish, it would be silly not to make the deal.

I really think we can get a #2 for him when all is said and done. Just a gut feel...
I feel we will get a 2nd rounder for him too. TD needs to act fast if he wants to get a lot for him, before Alexander and Edge become FAs.

Historian
01-16-2005, 08:51 AM
agreed...letting one of our players go to the Fish sickens me :ill:

True, but they seem to have a real appetite for our table scraps.

See:

Joe Auer
Billy Joe
Joe Cribbs
Thurman Thomas
Sammie Morris

justasportsfan
01-16-2005, 08:53 AM
True, but they seem to have a real appetite for our table scraps.

See:

Joe Auer
Billy Joe
Joe Cribbs
Thurman Thomas
Sammie Morris
Jamie Nails
Marcus Spriggs.
Charlie Rogers

Sammy Morris.

Mr. Miyagi
01-16-2005, 10:16 AM
If the Dolphins really traded for Henry, how pissed do you think Sammy Morris would be?

"Ah *****! Back to the bench again!"

:snicker:

DraftBoy
01-16-2005, 12:10 PM
If the Dolphins really traded for Henry, how pissed do you think Sammy Morris would be?

"Ah *****! Back to the bench again!"

:snicker:

Why would he be pissed he wasnt gonna be the starter till Ricky retired right before camp and he didnt do crap consistently to remain the starter. He was brought in for his ST, nothing more nothing less.

DaBills
01-16-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm beginning to think the rule of thumb 'don't trade or give up a player within the same division' has lost its teeth. NE gave us Drew and Milloy. Subsequently, we had one blow out game that I would chalk up to Milloy knowing their schemes his first week here. Other than that? We've done **** against them.

A. Smith I thought for sure would be a better back in NE than he was here. He's where now, Dallas I think?

Sam Cowart really tore it up with the jets, huh! Morris in Miami. Even the guys we thought would dominate that left out of the division, Peerless and Marcellus Wiley haven't played up to expectations.

I'm not worried about Henry going to the fins. We have enough trouble stopping Curtis Martin and Dillon.

justasportsfan
01-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Henry will be good but we know he doesn't have breakout speed. I'd rather we face him than James or Alexander.

Mr.Reality
01-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Maybe. I wouldn't be so quick to write off Henry at this point. He's still got some trade value. I don't know how much. There seems to be a lot of RBs going around, and coming out these days.

STAMPY
01-16-2005, 04:29 PM
T HENRY will lead nfl in rushing next year knowing our luck on another team