• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Curtis Martin on ESPN news right now

He's trying his hardest not to blame the loss on Brien.

Blame him, Curtis, blame him! He cost me 2 pts.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Why doesn't he blame it on that pathetic offense? I had the privledge of watching Chad Pennington lead his team to 0 points scored, unless you want to count a FG. I thought Curtis had a little more balls than that.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
      Why doesn't he blame it on that pathetic offense? I had the privledge of watching Chad Pennington lead his team to 0 points scored, unless you want to count a FG. I thought Curtis had a little more balls than that.
      Thank you! I know the kicker missed 2 field goals, but the offense deserves the blame. They were anemic.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Because it's too hard for the simple-minded to realize there's never just one player who screwed up in a loss
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

I thought Curtis had a little more balls than that.
          well he did say they left their blood on the field.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

I am glad that the Jets are going home, no matter how they pulled it off.

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

Read in Levy's book how the Bills handled losing after Norwood's missed kick. Very enlightening and very amazing.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                • Jan 2004

There offense has been anemic all year, it would be a great thing if there OC Paul Hackett wasn't fired.
                You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

funny thing about their O sucking..Pennington outplayed Rothlisburger!

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                    Closet Bills Fan
                    • Nov 2004

up until the 4th q. beginning the jets were leading in yardage, etc......

from then on the steelers took control

j-e-t-s
                    jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                      Read in Levy's book how the Bills handled losing after Norwood's missed kick. Very enlightening and very amazing.
                      I know I read it last night. Awesome book!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        Because it's too hard for the simple-minded to realize there's never just one player who screwed up in a loss
                        I wasn't aware that 10 other players lined up and kicked the ball? In the game I watched, Brien had TWO chances to win the game. First time he clanged it off the post, the second time he was so far left it wouldn't have made it from 10 yards.

Kickers get paid to make kicks. He missed two game winning attempts. Neither time was he rushed or was their a threat of a block. The guy plain CHOKED. Quit trying to pawn off blame on other players.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                          I wasn't aware that 10 other players lined up and kicked the ball? In the game I watched, Brien had TWO chances to win the game. First time he clanged it off the post, the second time he was so far left it wouldn't have made it from 10 yards.

Kickers get paid to make kicks. He missed two game winning attempts. Neither time was he rushed or was their a threat of a block. The guy plain CHOKED. Quit trying to pawn off blame on other players.
                          so are you saying that the Jets never had any other opportunities in the game to make plays to win the game? No one is saying Brien didn't choke or flub the kick...but let's be honest here. The Steelers played poorly enough that they were practically giving that game away and the Jets as a team didn't capitalize.
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            so are you saying that the Jets never had any other opportunities in the game to make plays to win the game? No one is saying Brien didn't choke or flub the kick...but let's be honest here. The Steelers played poorly enough that they were practically giving that game away and the Jets as a team didn't capitalize.
                            The Steelers played poorly enough where one of the two kicks being made would have won the game.

Last time I checked, field goals were a valid way to win a game. Winning by 3 points is the same as winning by 7 points isn't it???

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                              The Steelers played poorly enough where one of the two kicks being made would have won the game.

Last time I checked, field goals were a valid way to win a game. Winning by 3 points is the same as winning by 7 points isn't it???
                              You completely ignored everything I said
                              ...you can't pin losses on any one player...it's the ultimate team game where other players have the ability to make up for screwups by the ones who aren't playing well. Sure it works best when everyone does their part but this is hardly a perfect world...why didn't the Jets score a TD instead of settle for an attempted FG? Answer: they screwed up as well

Comment

Working...
                              X