PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Martin on ESPN news right now

mybills
01-15-2005, 08:17 PM
He's trying his hardest not to blame the loss on Brien.

Blame him, Curtis, blame him! He cost me 2 pts. :mad:

Bill Brasky
01-16-2005, 05:28 AM
Why doesn't he blame it on that pathetic offense? I had the privledge of watching Chad Pennington lead his team to 0 points scored, unless you want to count a FG. I thought Curtis had a little more balls than that.

Michael82
01-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Why doesn't he blame it on that pathetic offense? I had the privledge of watching Chad Pennington lead his team to 0 points scored, unless you want to count a FG. I thought Curtis had a little more balls than that.
:bf1: Thank you! I know the kicker missed 2 field goals, but the offense deserves the blame. They were anemic. :ill:

The_Philster
01-16-2005, 07:49 AM
Why doesn't he blame it on that pathetic offense? I had the privledge of watching Chad Pennington lead his team to 0 points scored, unless you want to count a FG. I thought Curtis had a little more balls than that.Because it's too hard for the simple-minded to realize there's never just one player who screwed up in a loss

mybills
01-16-2005, 07:49 AM
I thought Curtis had a little more balls than that.

well he did say they left their blood on the field. :chuckle:

jamze132
01-16-2005, 09:54 AM
I am glad that the Jets are going home, no matter how they pulled it off.

Iehoshua
01-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Read in Levy's book how the Bills handled losing after Norwood's missed kick. Very enlightening and very amazing.

ScottLawrence
01-16-2005, 10:51 AM
There offense has been anemic all year, it would be a great thing if there OC Paul Hackett wasn't fired.

mybills
01-16-2005, 10:54 AM
funny thing about their O sucking..Pennington outplayed Rothlisburger!

CuseJetsFan83
01-16-2005, 03:24 PM
up until the 4th q. beginning the jets were leading in yardage, etc......

from then on the steelers took control

Bill Brasky
01-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Read in Levy's book how the Bills handled losing after Norwood's missed kick. Very enlightening and very amazing.

I know I read it last night. Awesome book! :up:

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Because it's too hard for the simple-minded to realize there's never just one player who screwed up in a loss

I wasn't aware that 10 other players lined up and kicked the ball? In the game I watched, Brien had TWO chances to win the game. First time he clanged it off the post, the second time he was so far left it wouldn't have made it from 10 yards.

Kickers get paid to make kicks. He missed two game winning attempts. Neither time was he rushed or was their a threat of a block. The guy plain CHOKED. Quit trying to pawn off blame on other players.

The_Philster
01-16-2005, 07:59 PM
I wasn't aware that 10 other players lined up and kicked the ball? In the game I watched, Brien had TWO chances to win the game. First time he clanged it off the post, the second time he was so far left it wouldn't have made it from 10 yards.

Kickers get paid to make kicks. He missed two game winning attempts. Neither time was he rushed or was their a threat of a block. The guy plain CHOKED. Quit trying to pawn off blame on other players.

so are you saying that the Jets never had any other opportunities in the game to make plays to win the game? No one is saying Brien didn't choke or flub the kick...but let's be honest here. The Steelers played poorly enough that they were practically giving that game away and the Jets as a team didn't capitalize.

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 08:09 PM
so are you saying that the Jets never had any other opportunities in the game to make plays to win the game? No one is saying Brien didn't choke or flub the kick...but let's be honest here. The Steelers played poorly enough that they were practically giving that game away and the Jets as a team didn't capitalize.

The Steelers played poorly enough where one of the two kicks being made would have won the game.

Last time I checked, field goals were a valid way to win a game. Winning by 3 points is the same as winning by 7 points isn't it???

The_Philster
01-16-2005, 08:14 PM
The Steelers played poorly enough where one of the two kicks being made would have won the game.

Last time I checked, field goals were a valid way to win a game. Winning by 3 points is the same as winning by 7 points isn't it???

You completely ignored everything I said
...you can't pin losses on any one player...it's the ultimate team game where other players have the ability to make up for screwups by the ones who aren't playing well. Sure it works best when everyone does their part but this is hardly a perfect world...why didn't the Jets score a TD instead of settle for an attempted FG? Answer: they screwed up as well

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 08:21 PM
You completely ignored everything I said
...you can't pin losses on any one player...it's the ultimate team game where other players have the ability to make up for screwups by the ones who aren't playing well. Sure it works best when everyone does their part but this is hardly a perfect world...why didn't the Jets score a TD instead of settle for an attempted FG? Answer: they screwed up as well

Kickers do one job and one job only...they kick the damn ball. Brien failed miserably. TWICE!!!

Quit saying it's the offense's fault. They put the ball close enough for him to make the kicks...TWICE!!! He choked and blaming it on anybody else is just being foolish.

WHy else does the league even have such a thing as FG's? By your reasoning, they shouldn't even count.

DraftBoy
01-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Kickers do one job and one job only...they kick the damn ball. Brien failed miserably. TWICE!!!

Quit saying it's the offense's fault. They put the ball close enough for him to make the kicks...TWICE!!! He choked and blaming it on anybody else is just being foolish.

WHy else does the league even have such a thing as FG's? By your reasoning, they shouldn't even count.

That is 100% correct, you cannot go back and say well IF the offense had done this or that better than maybe just maybe. This is not a league of coulda shoulda woulda. Its a very simple thing you play the cards you are dealt whether your the K, P, QB, or WR. If you dont do your job and cost the team a game the loss is your fault bc you were put in the posistion to win the game and you blew it. Its that simple you cannot go back 2nd guessing your teammates efforts no matter what they were. Unless your a selfish player that is.

The_Philster
01-16-2005, 08:37 PM
who said he didn't? :huh:

actually, by my reasoning, everything counts....not just the kicker. Why do I bother? :shakeno: Maybe I'd be happier living in a world where only one player counts in a game :coocoo: Pardon me for thinking that the Jets had other opportunities to win the game...the rest of the team was perfect, I guess

helmetguy
01-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Herm Edwards, Paul Hackett and Chad Pennington should ALL be shot for the way they managed those two drives to the failed FGs.

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 08:50 PM
If you aren't going to hold kickers responsible for the job they do, why pay them all the money? Just hire some smuck off the street to kick FG's. After all, if he misses a FG, it's not his fault, right? The offense should have scored a TD instead.

The_Philster
01-16-2005, 08:53 PM
If you aren't going to hold kickers responsible for the job they do, why pay them all the money? Just hire some smuck off the street to kick FG's. After all, if he misses a FG, it's not his fault, right? The offense should have scored a TD instead.

who's not holding him responsible, though? He missed the kick..didn't do his job
But I'm just saying the rest of the team could've won in spite of him ...all they had to do was capitalize on a few Steelers mistakes

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 08:58 PM
who's not holding him responsible, though? He missed the kick..didn't do his job
But I'm just saying the rest of the team could've won in spite of him ...all they had to do was capitalize on a few Steelers mistakes

When the kicker is kicking with less than 2 minutes on the clock, it's all on him.

When the kicker is kicking in OT, it's all on him.

Whatever happened before is spilled milk. If he makes the kick (either one), his team wins. If he misses, they go home (as they did).

G. Host
01-16-2005, 09:01 PM
There is a difference between blowing a kick and blowing a game. For example Nate Clements should not have been fired because he made an attempt on 4th down to go for interception, possibly to pad his bonuses, rather than knocking ball down even though that play cost us game and playoffs. If others had made plays then he would not be in that position. Blaming one person for a loss like Norwood in Superbowl is very narrow minded. Teams not players win or lose games.

TigerJ
01-16-2005, 09:30 PM
well he did say they left their blood on the field. :chuckle:

Maybe that's why they were so anemic.

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Blaming one person for a loss like Norwood in Superbowl is very narrow minded. Teams not players win or lose games.

Would we have won the SB if Norwood had made that kick??????????????????

Nuff said.

The_Philster
01-17-2005, 04:51 AM
Would we have won the SB if Norwood had made that kick??????????????????

Nuff said.

47 yards was out of his range...anyone who knows anything about the Bills and Norwood can tell you that. The poor tackling in that game was to blame for that loss more than anything