• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

How long does Brien have?

How many days do you think it will take before Brien is released?

I say given the New York media's pressure, he will be gone on Tuesday.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

I think he stays, unless the Jets can find someone else that is better. There isn't much out there this offseason.

Comment

• clumping platelets

They are making a noose in NY

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Brien will still be kicking or should I say attempting field goals for the Jets next year. Everyone knows how hard it is to kick field goals at Heinz Field. I think the longest ever is like 47.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Why the Jets did not try to get closer, I'll never know. Bad, gutless coaching.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mehser
            Why the Jets did not try to get closer, I'll never know. Bad, gutless coaching.
            Who cares, they are going home. Isn't that the important thing?

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

Remember the Bills-Vikings game in '02? Remember how we had the chance at the comeback win, the missed extra points? Remember who was kicking for the Vikes at the time? Remember who was fired after the game?

Yep, Doug Brien. Ever since then I've thought he was a crappy kicker. He's proven me right over and over...

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                Remember the Bills-Vikings game in '02? Remember how we had the chance at the comeback win, the missed extra points? Remember who was kicking for the Vikes at the time? Remember who was fired after the game?

Yep, Doug Brien. Ever since then I've thought he was a crappy kicker. He's proven me right over and over...

He still had a great year last year and a good one this year.
                You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Did anybody see Wilkens 55 yd yesterday? That was damn good! 2nd longest I think they said. Too bad it didn't help!
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                    Did anybody see Wilkens 55 yd yesterday? That was damn good! 2nd longest I think they said. Too bad it didn't help!
                    2nd longest in playoff history...20 ZBs to the first poster can name me the details on the longest
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Christie had a 59-yarder in one of the Dallas Super Bowls. (I think the 1st)

I'm trying to remember more. Was it the end of the 1st half?
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mehser
                        Christie had a 59-yarder in one of the Dallas Super Bowls. (I think the 1st)

I'm trying to remember more. Was it the end of the 1st half?
                        nope
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• GreenMachine
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          I think he stays, unless the Jets can find someone else that is better. There isn't much out there this offseason.
                          Vinatieri, Feeley, and Tynes are all UFA.

Comment

• STAMPY
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Sep 2003

TYNES STINKS!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                              How many days do you think it will take before Brien is released?

I say given the New York media's pressure, he will be gone on Tuesday.
                              Any coach or organization that makes personell issues based on knee-jerk emotions after a loss deserves the first pick of the draft year after yrear after year.

If Brien is under contract and th cap figure isn't large (he's a kicker so it can't be that much) then you draft and /or see who's out there in FAcy. If you get a comperable vet then you release him- or hold a competition in camp.

If you cut the guy now all you do is raise the price on whomever you bring in. A vet kicker's agent could squeeze more out of the Jets since they won't have anyone to fall back on.

Comment

Working...
                              X