PDA

View Full Version : How long does Brien have?

Mr. Cynical
01-16-2005, 01:15 AM
How many days do you think it will take before Brien is released?

I say given the New York media's pressure, he will be gone on Tuesday.

Michael82
01-16-2005, 08:17 AM
I think he stays, unless the Jets can find someone else that is better. There isn't much out there this offseason. :sadwalk:

clumping platelets
01-16-2005, 08:52 AM
They are making a noose in NY

jamze132
01-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Brien will still be kicking or should I say attempting field goals for the Jets next year. Everyone knows how hard it is to kick field goals at Heinz Field. I think the longest ever is like 47.

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Why the Jets did not try to get closer, I'll never know. Bad, gutless coaching.

jamze132
01-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Why the Jets did not try to get closer, I'll never know. Bad, gutless coaching.
Who cares, they are going home. Isn't that the important thing?

Iehoshua
01-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Remember the Bills-Vikings game in '02? Remember how we had the chance at the comeback win, the missed extra points? Remember who was kicking for the Vikes at the time? Remember who was fired after the game?

Yep, Doug Brien. Ever since then I've thought he was a crappy kicker. He's proven me right over and over...

ScottLawrence
01-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Remember the Bills-Vikings game in '02? Remember how we had the chance at the comeback win, the missed extra points? Remember who was kicking for the Vikes at the time? Remember who was fired after the game?

Yep, Doug Brien. Ever since then I've thought he was a crappy kicker. He's proven me right over and over...

He still had a great year last year and a good one this year.

mybills
01-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Did anybody see Wilkens 55 yd yesterday? That was damn good! 2nd longest I think they said. Too bad it didn't help! :snicker:

The_Philster
01-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Did anybody see Wilkens 55 yd yesterday? That was damn good! 2nd longest I think they said. Too bad it didn't help! :snicker:

2nd longest in playoff history...20 ZBs to the first poster can name me the details on the longest

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Christie had a 59-yarder in one of the Dallas Super Bowls. (I think the 1st)

I'm trying to remember more. Was it the end of the 1st half?

The_Philster
01-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Christie had a 59-yarder in one of the Dallas Super Bowls. (I think the 1st)

I'm trying to remember more. Was it the end of the 1st half?

nope :gag:

GreenMachine
01-16-2005, 02:22 PM
I think he stays, unless the Jets can find someone else that is better. There isn't much out there this offseason. :sadwalk:Vinatieri, Feeley, and Tynes are all UFA.

STAMPY
01-16-2005, 02:27 PM
TYNES STINKS!

Dozerdog
01-17-2005, 07:38 PM

Any coach or organization that makes personell issues based on knee-jerk emotions after a loss deserves the first pick of the draft year after yrear after year.

If Brien is under contract and th cap figure isn't large (he's a kicker so it can't be that much) then you draft and /or see who's out there in FAcy. If you get a comperable vet then you release him- or hold a competition in camp.

If you cut the guy now all you do is raise the price on whomever you bring in. A vet kicker's agent could squeeze more out of the Jets since they won't have anyone to fall back on.

ajsdx
01-17-2005, 08:58 PM
2nd longest in playoff history...20 ZBs to the first poster can name me the details on the longest

Our very own Steve Christie, just a few minutes into Super Bowl XXVIII against the Cowboys, hits a 54 yarder for the second score of the game, tying it at 3.

The_Philster
01-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Our very own Steve Christie, just a few minutes into Super Bowl XXVIII against the Cowboys, hits a 54 yarder for the second score of the game, tying it at 3.

ding, ding, ding, ding...we have a winner

ajsdx
01-17-2005, 09:01 PM
It makes me sad to recall these moments... sniff sniff

ajsdx
01-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Does anyone else recall feeling naseously giddy (and nervous as hell) at the half of that game?

ajsdx
01-17-2005, 09:04 PM
thanks for the donation though.

imbondz
01-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Does anyone else recall feeling naseously giddy (and nervous as hell) at the half of that game?
if you must ask. I was pretty much hugging everyone saying that this was the one. We were all high fiving each other and so excited... until about 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

Mr. Cynical
01-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah that one should have been ours (in addition to XXV). We held Troy in check and were in the lead at half 13-6. Without TT's fumble and resulting TD by Washington (55 secs into the 3rd), I think we win that game. Even though the score was only 13-13 at that point, a buddy of mine at the game and said it was like Dallas was up 50-0 the way the crowd and the momentum shifted.

Just thinking about boils my blood. :madcurse:

Dammit I want an SB win to vindicate those effin losses.

Drive 4 Five
01-17-2005, 09:43 PM

Don't be surprised if that poor bastard is the basis for an upcoming episode of CSI New York.

ajsdx
01-18-2005, 12:03 AM
I distinctly remember the commentators and analysts saying during the half that the bills should stick to the offensive game plan since it was working up to that point. I also remember my dad cursing at the tv, saying that was the worst analysis he had ever heard; the bills' only chance was to get creative since the boys were a better team than us, and sure to make adjustments. but sure enough, the bills came out flat, sticking to the original game plan, and they got stomped.

The_Philster
01-18-2005, 04:58 AM

giddy, yes...I was gonna win a bet with one of my buddies from Basic had we won...but I never made the same bet so I didn't have to pay up when we lost

Ickybaluky
01-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Vinatieri, Feeley, and Tynes are all UFA.

Vinatieri will be franchised, as he was after '01, if his contract isn't finalized by the start of FA. They are reportedly close on a new deal for him, having agreed on length and close on money. He is going nowhere.

As for Brien, the latest out of New York is that he stays.

Link (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/18/sports/football/18brien.html?oref=login)

The article requires registration, so I'll post this part:

"Doug Brien, who missed two field-goal attempts late in the fourth quarter of the Jets' divisional playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Saturday, said Monday that he hoped to return to the Jets next season. "I just talked to Herm and Terry Bradway and had the impression they both wanted me back," he said. Coach Herman Edwards said Brien's interpretation was accurate. General Manager Terry Bradway planned to address the news media Tuesday to discuss the Jets' plans."