Packers' WR Donald Driver agrees to contract extension!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Apr 2024

Packers' WR Donald Driver agrees to contract extension!

5yrs-$14 million with about a $4 million signing bonus.

Implications for Peerless?

He will undoubtedly ask for much more than this!
  • 4thAndLong
    I'm Really 4 and Short
    • Sep 2002

I would resign too if I was Favre's favorite receiver.

Comment

Packers got him cheap..........Driver would have rec'd more on the FA market, but this is a prime example of a player understanding that it's often better to stay where you became successful. He receives the signing bonus this season and the amortization starts this season, thus it's actually a 4 yr extension.

Peerless and his agent will start at about $5 million/season

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

WOW!!!!the PACK got him for a song and dance.i have driver in a couple of my FFL's and i haven't been disappointed with him.he's obviously become favre's favorite target.i hope price realizes that he's better off staying in buffalo rather than go where the money is.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

from ESPN Insider

Packers: On Monday, Green Bay signed its leading receiver, Donald Driver, to a five-year contract worth about $3 million a year, including a $4 million signing bonus, according to an NFL source. That's well below the fair market value Driver would have seen as a free agent in the offseason, but Driver wanted to stick with the organization that stuck by him. "It was loyalty," Driver told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "The fans, the coaches, the players, it can't get any better than this, and that makes the decision easy for you. I talked to Coach and he said, 'Hey, quit looking. You're not going anywhere. Whatever I'm going to have to do to keep you here, I'm going to do it.' And my wife, she said. 'Hey, I don't want to go find any new friends. I love Green Bay, the fans, the coaching staff, the wives ...' She didn't want to go anywhere, so that made it pretty much easy after that."

Comment

• colin
            Drew's my hero!
            • Jul 2002

No way we pay Peerless $5 mil.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘