PDA

View Full Version : I love it... the Peyton Manning excuse-fest has begun

Bill Brasky
01-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Man these announcers might as well give him sexual favors. If he threw 71 INT's today it still would have been a "team loss"

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Belichek owns Peyton. No excuse needed.

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Man these announcers might as well give him sexual favors. If he threw 71 INT's today it still would have been a "team loss"

Same as Favre. Indy defense helped enough, Colts should have run it a whole lot more.

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2005, 06:53 PM
The rest of the team was not exaclty sterling.

Surely, you don't blame just Peyton? The receivers could not catch a cold and the run defense was horrible.

helmetguy
01-16-2005, 06:55 PM
BB owns just about every coach in the NFL. He'll own Cowher again Sunday night.

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 06:56 PM
BB owns just about every coach in the NFL. He'll own Cowher again Sunday night.

Pitt's offense showed some serious weakness yesterday. Belichek should be able to pick it apart.

On the plus side, Pitt knows how to play real D, something Indy doesn't. It should be a slug fest.

carybillsfan
01-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Give Bellichek two weeks to prepare for anyone he'll win...he just breaks down the opposing gameplan too well.

Historian
01-16-2005, 06:58 PM
The guy has never won anything.

Hopefully after this loss, Mastercard will pull his lame-ass commercials.

Bill Brasky
01-16-2005, 07:00 PM
The guy has never won anything.

Hopefully after this loss, Mastercard will pull his lame-ass commercials.

What? those commercials are actually funny.

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2005, 07:00 PM
:puke:

I just realized that I now have another week of those "not in MY house" Visa commercials. :puke: :puke: :puke:

Section 130 Row 26
01-16-2005, 07:19 PM
pats vs Falcons XXXIX

honey
01-16-2005, 07:32 PM
I wish the Colts would have won - just to shut down the announcers. They're so biased for the Patriots, it isn't even funny.

BUT, having said all that....the Pats deserved to win today. They looked awesome. :smile:

Bill Brasky
01-16-2005, 07:36 PM
pats vs Falcons XXXIX

Borefest XXXIX... the Patriots are boring as hell to watch, and the Falcons are a ***** team, just like the LA Kings on NHL 95 for super nintendo.

Iehoshua
01-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Borefest XXXIX... the Patriots are boring as hell to watch, and the Falcons are a ***** team, just like the LA Kings on NHL 95 for super nintendo.
:rofl: @ LA Kings

BADTHINGSMAN
01-16-2005, 11:08 PM
After Buffalo was officially out, I was going with the Jets.. Cant stand the Colts or Pats, and the Steelers, well no need to explain that..

clumping platelets
01-16-2005, 11:11 PM
But it was a team loss. Indy D couldn't stop the run. Indy receivers were dropping passes. Manning was much more responsible for losing last yrs game than today's.

BADTHINGSMAN
01-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Manning was on target in the first half, the recievers just couldnt hall them in (maybe the Broncos were right..). The Pats knew they may not have won this game if Peyton got alot of chances in the 2nd half.. What better way to beat the Colts than to keep Peyton on the bench..

eyedog
01-17-2005, 07:46 AM
[QUOTE=Billsology]The guy has never won anything.

This can also apply to the other choker, Tony Dungy.
Please tell me what this loser has ever won. Every time he is in a big play-off game he loses. They had to dump him in Tampa and get Gruden in there to finally win the super bowl and they will have to do the same in Indy.
If Peyton is gonna catch the heat lets not forget the loser headcoach.
The colts got way to conservative on offense. They played right into the Pats gameplan. At least they should have gone no huddle to start the 2nd half, but as usual with a Dungy team, NOTHING. The 2nd half looked identical to the 1st.

Ebenezer
01-17-2005, 08:12 AM
But it was a team loss. Indy D couldn't stop the run. Indy receivers were dropping passes. Manning was much more responsible for losing last yrs game than today's.
Manning is the 2nd coming of Dan Marino...all the stats; no big wins...never led a team to the SB...never will...can't win the big one...passes behind receivers, INT, no TD, stood like a statue, had trouble with some blind side rushes...way over paid...Indi should realize that he can't win the big one, will never win the big one. He has all the talent around him - 3 1000 yd receivers, a 1000 yd RB...couldn't get it done. He should be forced to take a pay cut or Indi should cut their losses and start over with Sorgi...the kid showed in the preseason and mop up time that he has potential...

finsrclowns
01-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Manning is the 2nd coming of Dan Marino...all the stats; no big wins...never led a team to the SB...never will...can't win the big one...passes behind receivers, INT, no TD, stood like a statue, had trouble with some blind side rushes...way over paid...Indi should realize that he can't win the big one, will never win the big one. He has all the talent around him - 3 1000 yd receivers, a 1000 yd RB...couldn't get it done. He should be forced to take a pay cut or Indi should cut their losses and start over with Sorgi...the kid showed in the preseason and mop up time that he has potential...

:roflmao:

justasportsfan
01-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Barring salary and just plain talent , I would take him over drew anyday. Anyone care to disagree?

helmetguy
01-17-2005, 09:09 AM
I think you missed the point, justa. Here you have Manning-with THREE 1,000 yard receivers, a 1,000+ yard RB, and an O-line that gives him enough time to read a defense, have a beer and grab a quickie with his wife-but comes up small in big games. Everything you guys excuse for Manning, you pile on to Bledsoe. See the connection?

justasportsfan
01-17-2005, 09:13 AM
I think you missed the point, justa. Here you have Manning-with THREE 1,000 yard receivers, a 1,000+ yard RB, and an O-line that gives him enough time to read a defense, have a beer and grab a quickie with his wife-but comes up small in big games. Everything you guys excuse for Manning, you pile on to Bledsoe. See the connection?I never disagreed that Manning was overpaid. Drew is also overpaid.

Manning has 3 1000 recievers and he's the main reason. Our passing game is ranked 26 and Drew is the main reason. You see the difference?

Imagine if Manning had our D and ST.

Ebenezer
01-17-2005, 09:13 AM
I think you missed the point, justa. Here you have Manning-with THREE 1,000 yard receivers, a 1,000+ yard RB, and an O-line that gives him enough time to read a defense, have a beer and grab a quickie with his wife-but comes up small in big games. Everything you guys excuse for Manning, you pile on to Bledsoe. See the connection?
there is one possible flaw in your theory...

is Manning married? :idunno:

helmetguy
01-17-2005, 09:31 AM
there is one possible flaw in your theory...

is Manning married? :idunno:
Picky! Picky!

Bill Brasky
01-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Manning is the 2nd coming of Dan Marino...all the stats; no big wins...never led a team to the SB...never will...can't win the big one...

Marino went to the Super Bowl once.

Uncle Jesse
01-17-2005, 10:02 AM
:puke:

I just realized that I now have another week of those "not in MY house" Visa commercials. :puke: :puke: :puke:
Oh man thats EXACTLY what i was thinking. I was hoping they'd lose just so i dont have to see those stupid things anymore.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
01-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Manning will make it to the big show one day....I have to question the Colts coaching...I have never thought too much of Dungy as a head coach, especially in big games.

I think in years to come, Manning will get the last laugh. For as bad of a game as he had yesterday, you can't deny that he is a solid QB....they need to trim some fat from the offense and bolster the defense before they do damage in the playoffs.