PDA

View Full Version : Henry to the Cards??

Tatonka
01-16-2005, 07:01 PM
while watching the pats game with a friend, he said in the pregame, they said that arizona is the leading candidate for henry and that it could likely be their second rounder?

any truth to this?

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2005, 07:02 PM
It would be sweet, but I haven't heard that. I only heard that Miami and the Raiders are the most likely teams in need of a running back.

Bill Brasky
01-16-2005, 07:02 PM
I read this on ESPN too. ARZ and MIA, though MIA has nothing to offer us, which is why ARZ is the frontrunner.

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 07:03 PM
While I don't dislike the idea, why would they give up a 2nd round pick when this is one of the deepest RB drafts in years? Doesn't make sense to me.

FTG
01-16-2005, 07:03 PM
mortensen said this on the ESPN pregame show today

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2005, 07:06 PM
While I don't dislike the idea, why would they give up a 2nd round pick when this is one of the deepest RB drafts in years? Doesn't make sense to me.

Because given some faults, Henry has at least proven that he can rush for 1000 in this league while a college player hasn't proven anything yet. Plus, Henry won't cost much monetarily.

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Because given some faults, Henry has at least proven that he can rush for 1000 in this league while a college player hasn't proven anything yet. Plus, Henry won't cost much monetarily.

Hey, if they want to give up a draft pick, I'm all for it. Just find it odd they would with such a deep RB draft.

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Hey, if they want to give up a draft pick, I'm all for it. Just find it odd they would with such a deep RB draft.

Cards were never known to be good at drafting and even Green has had questionable choices in the draft (Demetrius Underwood).

zone
01-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Henry for Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald.... LOL, how great would that be.

Tatonka
01-16-2005, 08:00 PM
good.. at least it wasnt my friend messing with me..

apparently we are getting at least a second rounder for him or he aint going no where.

Michael82
01-16-2005, 08:09 PM
good.. at least it wasnt my friend messing with me..

apparently we are getting at least a second rounder for him or he aint going no where.
Good. :bf1:

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Good. :bf1:

LOL!!!!

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2005, 08:13 PM
It might be hard to get a 2nd rounder for him.

1. 1-dimensional. Limited blocking (very much so) and receiving skills.
2. Not a break-away threat.
3. Lower leg injuries 2 years in a row. This can be death for a RB.

I still think it is more likely that the Bills will use him and picks to move up.

Michael82
01-16-2005, 08:19 PM
We saw what Donahoe did with Peerless Price a few years ago. He was able to get a 1st round draft pick for a player that the Bills weren't willing to pay. I could see Donahoe getting a 2nd round draft pick for Travis Henry because Donahoe is going to have the teams bid against eachother. The best thing to do IMO is to trade him before free agency starts. This makes it so you can trade him before the other teams know whether or not Alexander, Edge, or even Rudi Johnson will be available.

ArcticWildMan
01-16-2005, 08:27 PM
We saw what Donahoe did with Peerless Price a few years ago. He was able to get a 1st round draft pick for a player that the Bills weren't willing to pay. I could see Donahoe getting a 2nd round draft pick for Travis Henry because Donahoe is going to have the teams bid against eachother. The best thing to do IMO is to trade him before free agency starts. This makes it so you can trade him before the other teams know whether or not Alexander, Edge, or even Rudi Johnson will be available.

Somebody call up TD and tell him to hire this young man. He's a genius!!!! ;)

G. Host
01-16-2005, 08:30 PM

You can't. Trades can not be done until free agency although Bills giving Henry's agent permission to shop around and judge interest. The only players you can sign are those who do not belong to any team.

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2005, 08:33 PM
You can't. Trades can not be done until free agency although Bills giving Henry's agent permission to shop around and judge interest. The only players you can sign are those who do not belong to any team.

I thought you could do trades before FA.

Michael82
01-16-2005, 08:42 PM
So did I. :doh:

The_Philster
01-16-2005, 08:47 PM

So did I. :doh:

:shakeno:
Remember Rob Johnson...we made the trade for him the first day of free agency. We weren't officially allowed to talk to the Jags about the trade til free agency started but, as I remember, speculation was that Butler had the deal worked out beforehand

Michael82
01-16-2005, 08:53 PM
:shakeno:
Remember Rob Johnson...we made the trade for him the first day of free agency. We weren't officially allowed to talk to the Jags about the trade til free agency started but, as I remember, speculation was that Butler had the deal worked out beforehand
Oh, thanks for the info. :up:

BF_in_Indiana
01-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Travis will fetch a second rounder from someone. He's not really worth that much IMO but I think we will find someone to give it to us.

TigerJ
01-16-2005, 09:19 PM
More power to TD if he can pull it off. Maybve we should try to help him out by finding some Cardinel fan forums and posting glowing reports of Henry just incase Cardinel brass monitors and cares about fan sentiment. There is lots of good stuff we can honestly say about him.

colin
01-17-2005, 03:05 AM
travis would be good for zona, he is a power runner who can slip a couple tackles, if emmit can run well for them then so can travis, they have a massive power line so it should be a decent fit.

jdbillsfan
01-17-2005, 08:32 AM
I heard March 2nd was when you could start "officially" trading. Not sure if that is the same date as Free Agency or not.

ryjam282
01-17-2005, 09:07 AM
How about some kind of conditional pick for him....Like maybe if he hits a certain # of yards then we would get a 1st. Like Miami did with Ricky Williams, they wound up costing him 2 1st rounders. But, I think something like that would be a good one.

jamze132
01-17-2005, 09:41 AM
I would be happy with just a 2nd rounder.

ryjam282
01-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Oh, I would be too, but maybe just maybe they could go for that. I mean, imagine if he goes there and gains the 1500+ yards we all know he is capable. Wouldn't you have liked to have the possibility of something more? We'll see what happens....

ShadowHawk7
01-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Wow, a early second for Henry from the Cards? Couldn't ask for anything better! Pull it off TD. Please

Tatonka
01-17-2005, 11:17 AM
i would take a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd next year.. i think he would do well with the cards.. and maybe we get a 1st for him on the conditional side. :D

or just a 2nd this year would be fine.

Mr. Miyagi
01-17-2005, 12:02 PM
I'd take a 2nd this year plus a bowl full of Cheerios. :hungry:

mysticsoto
01-17-2005, 01:39 PM
I still think we should trade to the Raiders and try and get a draft pick (3rd) and a linemen from them. I'm pretty sure that deal could be struck. We need good linemen - that should be Donahue and Mularkey's 1st concern. I hope they are on the same page on this. McNally should of course be consulted since he looks like he's a good judge of quality players for the position. But Oakland is overflowing with lineman that are on the bench that could start on other teams! I think we need to grab one. Thank god Pucillo is gone this year. He's one of the worse lineman we've had (even if he was a backup). If we could swing getting a decent O-linemen at FA startup, then by the time the draft comes, we can just focus on best available! We might be able to get some high impact players this way!!!

I wonder how some of the prospects (Dylan McFarland, Ben Sobieski, etc) are doing in their development. Sobieski was hurt I believe, but I don't know the type of injury...anybody know?

Dozerdog
01-17-2005, 08:00 PM
I would love to get Marcel Shipp in the deal- he's an awesome backup (if he's recovered from injury) as well as a decent pick.